Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aldi cast iron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I have one I bought in lidl years ago and it is a trusty workhorse. They're usually similar quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

flogen wrote: »
    Spotted that Aldi are selling cast iron pans
    Those frying pans are enameled inside & out, and say rated to 250C.

I got an uncoated preseasoned 12" cast iron pan in TK max for 23euro, I get it ridiculously hot for doing smash burgers and steak. I don't think those pans would suit me -others might say otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Don't have a pan (I'd go unenamelled for that) but I've had a casserole and a cocotte for over ten years each on heavy rotation and they're both still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

They're getting great write-ups in the UK press.

https://www.google.com/search?&q=aldi+le+crueset

Advertisement