Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

osh wrote: »
    And don’t forget the “everyone pick any” fiascos :)

:D:D:D

"Ok, everybody quit the game, we have to start again!"

We'd spend more time setting up games than playing them some nights :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I’ll join this

Bit annoying adding another app to my phone now for Discord but it’s all g !

callaway92 wrote: »
    I’ll join this

A word of warning to the newbs … pack your shin guards! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

A word of warning to the newbs … pack your shin guards! :pac:

I mean it’s a successful strategy - Final last comp with worst team in it!

Nothing dirty like getting red cards etc !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

We have 16 now for the league

1. Colemania
    2. AidoT
    3. az1234
    4. beastermc
    5. DamoK
    6. KennyG192
    7. kingosh
    8. Koolhanger
    9. meathi
    10. philamental
    11. Reggie
    12. puntyboy82
    13. TheOriginalJipo
    14. Luckycharms_74
    15. El Fenomeno
    16. Davidjkennedy

Anyone I've missed? I think by the time the league starts and people start the game, we'll probably end up with 20

• Advertisement

Subject to change after the transfer update, these are the current team ratings in PES 2020

5 star teams

Bayern
    Madrid
    Barca
    Atletico
    Juventus
    PSG
    Manchester City
    Liverpool

4.5 Star teams

Leverkusen
    Valencia
    Sevilla
    Porto
    Ajax
    Roma
    Napoli
    AC Milan
    Lazio
    Inter Milan
    Marseille
    Lyon
    Monaco
    Spurs
    Everton
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Man United

Eight 5 Star teams and Eighteen 4.5 Star teams. Plenty to choose from but I suspect Ajax might drop once De Ligt is moved to Juventus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Do we have a start date? Or cut off to join date?

Cienciano wrote: »

Cole mentioned above that he expects picks will take place around the 21st as he's away the week before. I would imagine you need to be 'in' before then.

Cienciano wrote: »

Yes I'm selfishly starting the league after I get back from holidays on the 22nd but I may well start the picks before that if we have a good even number. I suspect more will join by the weekend so I may set a cut off point by Sunday 15th if we're going well with numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

So folks, I'm picking pes up this evening (PS4). How do I join this league?

Long long LONG time PES player (all the way back to ravanelli/ince on the cover) but not much experience playing online leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Long long LONG time PES player (all the way back to ravanelli/ince on the cover) but not much experience playing online leagues.

You just have :)

Join the link to discord up above posted by colemania.

Welcome to the Boards PES league!

You'll need to download Discord on your phone and click the below link to join the league

Boards League Discord

All will be explained there!

Hi all,

So we now appear to have 18 people for the league. Just waiting on callway92, RocketRaccoon and SteelyDanJalapeno to join the discord as all the rest have joined.

I still think we'll probably get 2 more people so assuming we have 18 or 20, would you like one big league or split into 2 groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Two leagues for me. With top 4 from each going into the knockout stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Colemania wrote: »
    Hi all,

So we now appear to have 18 people for the league. Just waiting on callway92, RocketRaccoon and SteelyDanJalapeno to join the discord as all the rest have joined.

I still think we'll probably get 2 more people so assuming we have 18 or 20, would you like one big league or split into 2 groups?

Done!

Wheres the best price for this years addition?

I will get on discord either this evening or tomorrow morning but I definitely want to be involved.

I will know this evening whether my review copy will be supplied. If it is, I'd love to come back. If not, well I ain't spending my monies!! :)

Had a few minutes spare so now in the discord group.

osh wrote: »
    Two leagues for me. With top 4 from each going into the knockout stages.

I agree. If we're playing home and away fixtures it would have to be two leagues. Otherwise you'd have 36 games or over for a single season. We always get people who don't gel with their team or regret their choice for some reason and after a few games fixtures can be a slog for those players. Can you imagine Wilberto having to play 36 games as Rangers?! His PS4 would have been chucked out the window! :D

Only other way it could work is just to have one league but no home and away, just a single fixture. Then everybody gets to play everybody which in one way is fun as it makes each fixtures like a cup final of sorts. But it's obviously not very realistic and some may enjoy the 'two leg' approach to playing their friends on here.

I will know this evening whether my review copy will be supplied. If it is, I'd love to come back. If not, well I ain't spending my monies!! :)

Well man, hope you're doing well. Who do you do reviews for? I must get into that business :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I'd throw my hat in the ring here, but I know from experience that I sometimes have difficulty fulfilling fixtures due in good part to working night shift work.
    There's some super players in here, and the league is played in a nice sportsmanship spirit.
    I'll be around for stray friendlies whenever yiz might be about, I enjoy playing PES with you guys.
    PES 2020 is pretty superb.

I'd throw my hat in the ring here, but I know from experience that I sometimes have difficulty fulfilling fixtures due in good part to working night shift work.
    There's some super players in here, and the league is played in a nice sportsmanship spirit.
    I'll be around for stray friendlies whenever yiz might be about, I enjoy playing PES with you guys.
    PES 2020 is pretty superb.

That's fair enough. Feel free to join the discord and ask for friendlies when you're online

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Hey folks, if there's any spaces going spare in the league I'd like to put my name it there... Skipped last year's edition but got 2020 on release day and I'm excited to get into some competitive matches online.

If it doesn't suit I'm still game for a few friendlies if people in the league are looking for a few warm up matches. :)

Nailz wrote: »
    Hey folks, if there's any spaces going spare in the league I'd like to put my name it there... Skipped last year's edition but got 2020 on release day and I'm excited to get into some competitive matches online.

If it doesn't suit I'm still game for a few friendlies if people in the league are looking for a few warm up matches. :)

Welcome to the Boards PES league!

You'll need to download Discord on your phone and click the below link to join the league

Boards League Discord

All will be explained there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fro green

Any chance of joining lads? PSN name grave Deen 1

Fro green wrote: »
    Any chance of joining lads? PSN name grave Deen 1

Ya sure. Just join our discord group from the link on the previous post

Ok lads, we have our 20 players. Team picks start tomorrow and I will be putting the picking order on this thread and on discord.

The divisions I have created are as follows

Premiership

1. Colemania - Colemaniser
    2. beastermc - Stephen_Mc91
    3. DamoK - DamoK21
    4. KennyG192 - KENNETH192
    5. kingosh - kingosh_
    6. Koolhanger - Bijilf
    7. reganreggie - Thegifted1dblin
    8. puntyboy82 - puntyboy82
    9. El Fenomeno - e7_Fen0men0
    10. Davidjkennedy - DavidJKennedy

Championship

11. Nailz - Cournioni
    12. az1234 - az1234
    13. meathi - Meathi
    14. philamental - philamental
    15. steelydanjalapeno - TheOriginalJipo
    16. Luckycharms_74 - Luckycharms_74
    17. TD89 - DuffyTJ
    18. MelScul - MelScull
    19. Dave Green - grave deen 1
    20. TheOriginalJoker - TheOriginalJoker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Apologies to butt in as I won't be joining the league but what is it about the discord thing? I'd like to get involved in the friendlies/MyClub side of things

Apologies to butt in as I won't be joining the league but what is it about the discord thing? I'd like to get involved in the friendlies/MyClub side of things

You have to download the discord app and then click the link in one of the previous posts to join the league chat

• Advertisement

Ok, here are the team pick order. As mentioned below, there is no restriction on the team rating you pick in the championship but there is in the premiership (4.5 stars)

This is the first year there is a tiered league, ie the top players (just in my opinion) in the Premiership and the rest of the players in the Championship.

Team Picks Order - Clubs only

Championship (No rating restriction)

1. az1234
    2. philamental
    3. meathi
    4. Luckycharms_74
    5. SteelyDanJalapeno
    6. MelScul
    7. Dave Green
    8. Cournioni
    9. TD89
    10. TheOriginalJoker