Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to watch RWC?

• 09-09-2019 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

With the Rugby world cup nearly upon us, where in Dublin would you recommend to watch a couple of the games?
    With early kick offs and Sunday morning matches some places will not be open. So have you heard of anywhere that might be doing breakfast and a pint for example.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

TomTanks wrote: »
    With the Rugby world cup nearly upon us, where in Dublin would you recommend to watch a couple of the games?
    With early kick offs and Sunday morning matches some places will not be open. So have you heard of anywhere that might be doing breakfast and a pint for example.

What area are you in?

Most every pub I've been in recently has some sort of poster or advertisement saying they'll be open serving brekky for the games.

It's a huge bit of income potential for businesses so I imagine whatever your usual haunt is will be showing it.

Personally for me and my mates, we're gonna rotate houses cooking fries and drinking cans.... can't wait :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Slattery's on capel street opens from 7am

• Registered Users Posts: 25 TomTanks

I frequent pubs in D1,D2,D7 and D8 so a wide catchment area! 😀

I remember the world cup in Japan 2002 was only a nipper having breakfast and a pint of bud in the hole in the wall, I think they could serve drink if they served breakfast. There was some loop hole like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

I've a slightly related question about where to watch the WC. I'm going to be in Greece for a couple of weeks during the tournament.
    What are my options for watching? Will the EirSport app work over there? is there a way to find out who's showing it over there? I haven't got an android device so I'm limited to legitimate options only i'm afraid.

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    I've a slightly related question about where to watch the WC. I'm going to be in Greece for a couple of weeks during the tournament.
    What are my options for watching? Will the EirSport app work over there? is there a way to find out who's showing it over there? I haven't got an android device so I'm limited to legitimate options only i'm afraid.

Not so legal streaming websites would surely work. You aren't guaranteed picture quality and frame rate however.

• Advertisement

Not so legal streaming websites would surely work. You aren't guaranteed picture quality and frame rate however.

Yeah that's one option. I'm wondering though, if there's no listed broadcaster for a country does that mean that the likes of Eir will work or that none will work?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Mr Tickle wrote: »

You're supposed to be able to watch any tv on the go package you subscribe to anywhere in the EU, so the Eir sport app should work.

You're supposed to be able to watch any tv on the go package you subscribe to anywhere in the EU, so the Eir sport app should work.

That's the answer i was hoping for. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

are hotels allowed open and serve drink to non guests ??
    The Scottish and Japanese games are the early ones with the Russia one on a thursday at 11.15am (ok time for pints ha)

The Samoa game is on at a 'proper' time on the 12th Oct kicking off at 11.45 and followed by Georgia vs Irealnd at 2pm :D:D:D:D

Advertisement