Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Greedfall

• 07-09-2019 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Anybody excited for this ?

Looks like Witcher lite , but the setting intrigued me.

https://youtu.be/f2Qe4PQz7WE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

yeah it looks good. I hope its not janky and broken like Technomancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Yep, was looking for a thread for this and then realised this is probably the first one! Looks like Skyrim meets Witcher although review embargo is day of release so not very encouraging. I expect some technical problems.

From the video linked , some of the animations look a tiny bit tough alright. Might be worth picking up in a sale , depending on the reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone get it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It is not out till tomorrow, Spiders have a track record of very mediocre games so it is not surprising the embargo is on the release day.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It seems like quite an interesting world they've built, I'm sticking it on the Watchlist and will see how it does. The combat looks ok and there'll be a decent opportunity for replay by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

EG gave it the ultimate RPG review "recomended but buggy as ****"

ACG guy, gave it a lot of positive comments and said it was worth a look.

Looks good to me, will put it on my list, maybe get it for xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,205 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Bought it, going to give it a go now.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

I bought it too. Waiting for it to download. Cant wait!!

Bought it, going to give it a go now.

Let us know what you think, might be a purchase at the end of the month. Haha no willpower.

• Advertisement

This game is quite good and a step up from Spiders usual games like bound in flame and the technomancer. The graphics are nice the voices are really good even if the lip sync is a bit off.
    Combats fun so far I picked magic class and its quite tactical with the pause in combat. All in all a great game if your looking for a good RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

I'm finding it very meh to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I'll probably get it during a sale, after all the bugs have been fixed and been tweaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,205 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

It's not bad, but it does need work.
    Fair few bugs and few annoying quirks. If you're looking for something to fill your void from Witcher3/AC:O, this is probably not it. But I am enjoying it.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Lockpicking is a terrible skill. All of this loot is junk!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So, any further updates from the people who splashed? Did they fix the bugs?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I started it, enjoyed it for the most part, and then stopped playing around 3-4 hours in. Just didn't do enough to grab me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Kiith wrote: »
    I started it, enjoyed it for the most part, and then stopped playing around 3-4 hours in. Just didn't do enough to grab me.
    I got a bit further but ye the same.....couldn't keep my interest.

This worth picking up? Its on a slight sale on PSN for 35?

I'm guessing my the above replies, probably best to wait until it's down around the €20 mark. Probably what i'll do. In the wishlist for now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've just done the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

so is this anygood. Ive played through witcher 3 and assassins creed odyessy

I really enjoyed it but dont go in expecting a triple A game. But of Spiders games this is the least janky.

On sale now again for €17.50 and i'm still not sure. Seems the best compliment about the game is that it has the least issues of the Spiders games... I just don't know what to make of it. Comment above said it won't scratch your Witcher/AC:O itches, but it looks very similar combat wise. I haven't been great at sticking with games for the last year or so, this could be another one...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

On sale now again for €17.50 and i'm still not sure. Seems the best compliment about the game is that it has the least issues of the Spiders games... I just don't know what to make of it. Comment above said it won't scratch your Witcher/AC:O itches, but it looks very similar combat wise. I haven't been great at sticking with games for the last year or so, this could be another one...

Can't go wrong for that price ;)

Downloading...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Downloading...

:D

Downloaded it for 25 a while back and still haven't gotten around to it , ff7 remake got in the way and now tlou 2 next week

It's downloaded now, but I'm in the middle of an online D&D so won't be playing it for another couple of hours. I only got it because I feel like I have nothing to play right now (300+ games plus Now and Gamespass...) and I won't be getting TLOU2 for a while. I'm in no rush for that. Will most likely be playing Ghost of Tsushima before it, so just need something to tie me over until then. Hopefully this does it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement