Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 NFL season Week 1 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,134 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I love with 21:25 games go to OT. No break between it and SNF.

56709105f1ab45d3ce65a9f56a79553d.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,832 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

That was terrible by Amendola, basically took away any chance of winning.

That potential int would have been crazy to end it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

FLASH!

Sometimes watching Brady you forget how old he actually is, then Al Michaels tells you that he played against Devin Bush Sr back in 2001 and now he's playing against his son...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,326 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sweet drive, had everything, run plays, pass plays and a double QB play and Gordon finished it off so well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Patriots have 4 scoring drives....

Steelers have 4 1st downs......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

20-0 down and kicking a field goal on 4th and goal from the 2 yd line is just accepting defeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Tom Brady’s deep ball at 42 years old...dear god

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I wish NBC would stop flashing yellow streaks over the score board every 20 seconds. Keep thinking there’s been a flag :rolleyes:

I wish NBC would stop flashing yellow streaks over the score board every 20 seconds. Keep thinking there’s been a flag :rolleyes:

Did it all last season too despite all the complaints. So annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The hell happened on SNF ? Where the pats that good or were the steelers that bad ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭ Wesson Proud Skillet

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The hell happened on SNF ? Where the pats that good or were the steelers that bad ?
    Only watched the first half so far, but Pats coverage was excellent, nothing downfield for the Steelers. Ben had plenty of time, not under much pressure, but between the Pats secondary and LBs, they gave very little away.
    Pats looked good on offense, Brady as good as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

My beloved Ravens are gonna score some serious points this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭ Wesson Proud Skillet

Steelers really need to look at Thomlin. First half they go for it on 4th down on the halfway line, but hand it back to Brady with 2mins left in the half and Pats get a FG. Start of 2nd and he doesn't go for 4th on the Pats goal line (down 20pts) and kick a FG (so still down 3 scores), the Pats respond with an immediate TD to pretty much finish the game with 8mins left in the 3rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

My beloved Ravens are gonna score some serious points this season.

They won’t be playing the Dolphins every week unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

That was a pretty toothless performance from the Steelers.I didn't expect them to win but the Patriots didn't even have to get into top gear,receivers were able to get open so easily .Outside of juju , Conner and James Washington it's a poor offense.Big game for them next week against Seattle .

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Oat23 wrote: »
    That timeout they called was hilarious and might lose them the game.

Well it didn't lose them the game, but it did cost them the win. The worst timeout I've seen since Garrett iced his own kicker. They would have had the first down going into the 2-minute warning & then victory formation.

Additionly, the Cardinals had barely mustered 100 yards of offence going into the 4th quarter. Then the Lions in their infinite wisdom decide to start playing prevent for the rest of the game, massively helping Murray who struggled mightily before that & the rest is history.
    Awful, awful coaching:mad:

Unreal before the start tonight, the officials got booed walking out into the stadium.
    Saints D looked really good on the first Houston drive. They got to Watson on 3rd and 15.

7-3 to Houston after another stop by the Texans just now. They have the ball again and will look to open this lead up now.

Great game of ball after a scoreless first quarter. Saints currently lead 24-21. Texans just starting a drive from deep in their own half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Saints have the momentum now ,I've been impressed with Watson though hes made some big throws

Saints have the momentum now ,I've been impressed with Watson though hes made some big throws
    Watson has looked good by times but he has looked awful at times too. He identified that the saints were coming and then on the snap he turns his back on it and gets sacked. The interception was a crazy throw into double coverage.

Dirty from Brees. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Holy sh!t deshaun there you go man

Kicker misses, flag called, retake and a 1 point game

Aw man

What a finish though

I'm only in to my 2nd year of NFL but that was intense craic.

Kicker wins it with a 58 yard field goal

Its amusing on commentary the kicker get no credit,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

paulie21 wrote: »
    Rams @ Panthers
    Rams looked a bit rusty in this 30-27 game, but that was expected with most starters sitting out during the 4 preseason games.

Advertisement