Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EI lounge JFK

• 09-09-2019 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Hopefully someone here can help me because honestly Aer Lingus can't seem to answer my question.
    I'm flying into T5 JFK with Aer Lingus later this week. I have a connecting flight with Jetblue, but its an EI ticket. My connection is long so I would like to buy lounge access.
    I can't seem to do it online, my understanding is this is because its not a point to point ticket but one with a connection.
    I have spoke to EI on twitter who told me to ring the reservations department who could add it to me booking.
    I rang reservations (incredibly rude BTW) who told me they can't help, I have to buy it at the desk in JFK. The EI website says you cannot buy access at the JFK lounge.

Does anyone here know the answer??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Seems there are 2 you can buy access too, both not situated in T5, not sure if you can transfer from them to T5 on an Airside basis, if so they are your best option.

https://www.loungebuddy.com/JFK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Inquitus wrote: »
    Seems there are 2 you can buy access too, both not situated in T5, not sure if you can transfer from them to T5 on an Airside basis, if so they are your best option.

https://www.loungebuddy.com/JFK

Thanks for that. Both those lounges are only accessible to people departing from the terminals they're located in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Might be worth asking on the ei forum on flyer talk.

One thing to consider If it’s like the boston lounge it won’t be open all day, just for a couple of hours before the first flight until the second flight boards.

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Might be worth asking on the ei forum on flyer talk.

One thing to consider If it’s like the boston lounge it won’t be open all day, just for a couple of hours before the first flight until the second flight boards.

Thanks, I've posted there now! It should be open for a good bit of my stay, it'll be better than 9 hours on a bench anyway!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Skuxx wrote: »
    Thanks, I've posted there now! It should be open for a good bit of my stay, it'll be better than 9 hours on a bench anyway!! :)

9 hours? Sure would you not rather head into NYC for a few hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Yeah, with nine hours I'd head into NYC and do something – if you want any recommendations let me know :)

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Noxegon wrote: »
    Yeah, with nine hours I'd head into NYC and do something – if you want any recommendations let me know :)

I'll be flying back 10 days later with an even longer wait, I was planning to head in then! But I could go in I suppose..... All suggestions welcome!
    Last time I did the 9/11 memorial

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

EI lounge access is purchased through manage your booking so is tied to departure. So no help here for use on arrival

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Skuxx wrote: »
    I'll be flying back 10 days later with an even longer wait, I was planning to head in then! But I could go in I suppose..... All suggestions welcome!
    Last time I did the 9/11 memorial

Regardless of the city, with 9 hours I’d go in get a bite to eat, walk around and get a beer. Even the cinema would be preferable to 9 hours in an airport but in NY, I’d go to Central Park or do Empire State Building - loads to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭cson

Just an fyi if you do go in you'll need a budget of about 4hrs out of your 9hrs to allow for transit/security, it'll be about an hour each way to/from Manhattan, JFK security can take ~1hr at peak and you'll need to leave yourself time to get to the gate on time for boarding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

You haven't mentioned it, so i assume that you don't have at least Silver Aerclub membership. If you do then using the lounge even when travelling outbound, i.e. coming OFF an EI flight and onto Jetblue is fine. I have done this many times. I am also pretty sure that i have overheard people paying for access at the desk upstairs, but don't hold me to that.

On the return trip you might be better off trying to change to the earlier (5.20pm) flight rather than paying for lounge access - assuming you are on the later (8.50pm) flight. What time do you actually get into JFK at ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Alternatively, take a day room at the new TWA hotel
    It has a rooftop pool looking out on the apron and is a TWA museum
    A taxi in and out to Manhattan is going to cost you 90 dollars anyway
    It's on site but if it's too dear,you can try any of the nearby airport hotels

https://www.twahotel.com/

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

That would be my plan too. I'm definitely going to try that place out in a few months. Will keep an eye out for a cheap JFK flight in Jan/Feb.

Thanks for all the replies lads. I ended up taking the subway into Manhatten, very easy and loads of time! I'll try make a plan for the return journey, the TWA Hotel would be nice alright!

Advertisement