Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming meetups

• 07-09-2019 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hey everyone,

I'm a 24 year old lad that works in Dublin during the week and goes back home to galway on the weekends!

I'm finding it a little tough to make friends that I can hang out with and have the craic with during the week in dublin.

Are there any type of meetups or gaming meetups during the week that I could come to and make friends at? :)

any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Have you tried meetup.com? I've thrown ideas like this around before, not too much of it has come of it. Maybe the Switch's existence nowadays might help heh. Check out any upcoming cons, like Dublin Comic Con. Is it just video gaming or do you do tabletop style gaming, because there are stores that sell board games/Magic cards etc. that do have rooms for social games in the back that can usually be used for free...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Boards gaming meet-up in Token with beers would not be a bad idea.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The fighting game guys do a regular session in The Black Sheep on Capel St on Wednesdays (organised on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/455469771875053/).

There are lots of D&D and similar groups around the city too, I play with my group on Tuesday evening in Ryans beside Bus Áras and there are at least 4 other groups in there on a Tuesday. I believe a lot of them get organised via Meetup.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Isn't there a new gaming cafe opened in Dublin? Gigabite cafe I think? Not sure where exactly but saw a couple of pictures and it looks like a proper set up!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think that's the place that's just opened up out in the Dundrum centre? A trip on the Luas out to it and you'd be laughing. Seems like a good mix of arcade, console and PC gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Shiminay wrote: »
    The fighting game guys do a regular session in The Black Sheep on Capel St on Wednesdays

But can I button mash there, or insist we only play the Gamecube version of Soul Calibur II so I can play as Link?

That Gigabyte cafe sounds promising.

Advertisement