Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Isint he a bit of an old racist now?

Yep, alas. A supporter of For Britain, a group made up of racists & Nazis. Still can't quite work out how that path follows from vegetarianism, anti-Thatcherism and monarchy bashing. One thing's for sure, Johnny ain't getting involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Will the tickets sell out fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'd suspect the early birds and the loyalty ones will go by Monday at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

I know another stupid question,but will the codes be emailed in the morning or does anyone hazard a guess at what time they will be emailed at?

Reason I ask is despite having a tm account and registered for email alerts ,last year I never got the code and had to ring direct to ticketmaster to get the code over the phone,took 5 attempts to get through to them

Snarky Snark Snark

I know another stupid question,but will the codes be emailed in the morning or does anyone hazard a guess at what time they will be emailed at?

Reason I ask is despite having a tm account and registered for email alerts ,last year I never got the code and had to ring direct to ticketmaster to get the code over the phone,took 5 attempts to get through to them

From checking last years thread, people got them in the afternoon around 4:30ish. If it's the same tomorrow then that's a potential sh1tshow in terms of getting some one on the line if codes don't arrive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

From checking last years thread, people got them in the afternoon around 4:30ish. If it's the same tomorrow then that's a potential sh1tshow in terms of getting some one on the line if codes don't arrive

Yeah sounds like a real Friday afternoon “Mail and Bail” email alright. A quick send and out the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Dany Hitch

rubick wrote: »
    Will support!
    Could I just throw The Orb in there too for a late Body & Soul set (but not on the Sunday night/Monday morning at stupid o'clock like they did with Gaudi ffs)

While we're at it, I wouldn't mind Fluke or Moby making an appearance on the Main Stage closing out Friday night.

Amelie Lens in the Terminal tent has set the new benchmark for loud music of a Friday night, that's if EP continue to use it for same. Tall Paul, Darren Emerson (ex-Underworld,) and Nick Warren would be well suited to the newest tent on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Dany Hitch wrote: »
    While we're at it, I wouldn't mind Fluke or Moby making an appearance on the Main Stage closing out Friday night.

Moby doesn't really tour I think anymore, and having been not quite, but nearly #metoo-ed by Natalie Portman I'd say he is keeping a low profile!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭fafy

Has anyone seen pricing for 2020 weekend tickets ? Its extraordinary, the onsale is in 24 hours and they don’t seem to be available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭rubick

Dany Hitch wrote: »

Amelie Lens in the Terminal tent has set the new benchmark for loud music of a Friday night, that's if EP continue to use it for same. Tall Paul, Darren Emerson (ex-Underworld,) and Nick Warren would be well suited to the newest tent on site.

I really hope that Amelie is booked again on these shores soon. That set was incredible! She posted an Insta video of the end of her set, seemed quite humbled by the crowd reaction. Can't find it now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Cainer

Did the Family Campervan area open on the Thursday does anyone know? We’ve been doing the regular camper van area for the last 5 years but we bring a child with us and this year was just a bit much walking up through Syria.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dutchy

At what time should we expect our loyalty codes ?

Snarky Snark Snark

We don't know, they went out around 16:30 ish last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Thu, 6 Sep 2018, 16:53

Is when I received mine last year. Wrong one of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

do you know if the loyalty code will allow me to buy 4 tickets as I always buy 4 tickets with my email address (for me, my wife, my fiend and his wife)

Think you have to head down through Warhol and Hendrix to get to the Loyalty Codes now.

do you know if the loyalty code will allow me to buy 4 tickets as I always buy 4 tickets with my email address (for me, my wife, my fiend and his wife)

It's usually two per code.

Reformed bands - Supergrass and Pavement back. Be nice to get at least one at EP. And who else over the next few years?

Smiths - would honestly prefer not to see it. Leave their legacy as it is and hope that Moz heads off to a hermit life on the Shetlands.
    Talking Heads - nothing, but nothing, could match this.
    Green on Red - has occasionally happened and overdue another outing.
    Sugarcubes - Bjork has done it once (2006) but alas unlikely for another while.
    Tubeway Army - Gary, get the band together for the old stuff.
    And many, many more.

For retro stuff isn't it beyond time that FR booked some from Moving Hearts, SLF, the House of Love, Heaven 17, Roni Size, Ultravox & Blacmange?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Afraidofwhatun

One we can put to bed early is the annual request for James; they are going on a year's hiatus after the current tour which ends this autumn. Already have most of album number 16 written mind you. Legends.

Legends is right. But why oh why do they never come to Ireland? Oxegen 2007/08 or thereabouts is the one and only time I got to see them. We'll overdue an appearance over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

[URL="[url]https://www.kildarenow.com/news/home/476079/update-young-man-missing-after-electric-picnic-found-in-offaly.html[/url]"]Missing person from EP found safe and sound in Tullamore.[/URL]

Fair play to the man, that was some session.

• Advertisement

Legends is right. But why oh why do they never come to Ireland? Oxegen 2007/08 or thereabouts is the one and only time I got to see them. We'll overdue an appearance over here.

To show my age the only time I've seen them on these shores is supporting The Smiths at Leisureland in 1984. As good as the main band that night. And thryd be very welcome in Stradbally.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Reformed bands - Supergrass and Pavement back. Be nice to get at least one at EP. And who else over the next few years?

Smiths - would honestly prefer not to see it. Leave their legacy as it is and hope that Moz heads off to a hermit life on the Shetlands.
    Talking Heads - nothing, but nothing, could match this.
    Green on Red - has occasionally happened and overdue another outing.
    Sugarcubes - Bjork has done it once (2006) but alas unlikely for another while.
    Tubeway Army - Gary, get the band together for the old stuff.
    And many, many more.

For retro stuff isn't it beyond time that FR booked some from Moving Hearts, SLF, the House of Love, Heaven 17, Roni Size, Ultravox & Blacmange?

The Smiths - don't think it will ever happen, and I don't really want it to. Glad to got to see Morrissey when he was just a w@nker and not a racist w@nker. A sad demise.

Talking Heads - Good God Lemon, I'm there.

Sugarcubes - I didn't realise that there ever had been a 'reunion'; would love to have seen that! Looking forward to herself in November - apparently after the Cornucopia tour she has much of the next album done. Eyes down for a Glastonbury/EP combo of new material and legacy material. Was right down the front at her last EP appearance, amazing!

The Smiths - don't think it will ever happen, and I don't really want it to. Glad to got to see Morrissey when he was just a w@nker and not a racist w@nker. A sad demise.

Talking Heads - Good God Lemon, I'm there.

Sugarcubes - I didn't realise that there ever had been a 'reunion'; would love to have seen that! Looking forward to herself in November - apparently after the Cornucopia tour she has much of the next album done. Eyes down for a Glastonbury/EP combo of new material and legacy material. Was right down the front at her last EP appearance, amazing!

Sugarcubes reunion was for one night, musician's charity gig in Reykjavik to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Birthday. Tried, and failed, to get there. Probably won't happen again but seeing them would, for me, surpass any of her solo gigs. A boy can dream.

Saw them Slane '98, couple of shows in The Olympia and Belsonic Festival in Belfast ('11 I think). They also played the Ulster Hall in Belfast in 1992, at a time when many bands wouldn't play in the North. Missed out on that one, sadly.

Still not a massive gig-rate when you compare them to The Charlatans, who I think I've seen 6 times in Belfast alone over the years.

One of the highlights of my festival career was holding Tim Booth aloft during his crowd surf at Glastonbury 2016! They opened The Other Stage (late, weather was atrocious), it was the morning of the Brexit Referendum result and everyone was a bit subdued, then Mickey Eavis introduced them and they went down a stormer.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭sadie9

It is saying 2 tickets per person ONLY at at Ticketmaster outlet. Last year people were allowed get 4 tickets with just a PHOTO of 3 bands! Needless to say that photo got forwarded quite a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

One of the highlights of my festival career was holding Tim Booth aloft during his crowd surf at Glastonbury 2016! They opened The Other Stage (late, weather was atrocious), it was the morning of the Brexit Referendum result and everyone was a bit subdued, then Mickey Eavis introduced them and they went down a stormer.

I was in Portland, Oregon that day, and after a jazz gig checked to see what the result was on the iPad. Caught the Downing Street statement and was completely deflated. Booked tickets for The Flaming Groovies playing that night, there and then to cheer myself up. They were ****e, but support acts were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Pavement at primavera world wide exclusive

Pavement at primavera world wide exclusive

2021 it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Still no code....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Still no code....

You're meant to be natural po-lice. Get out and find it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement