Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland v Wales 07/09/2019

Comments

Tomos Williams any use? Aaron Wainwright?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Aaron Wainwright?

Was a professional soccer player (or late academy) before being released at 17 and taking up rugby for the first time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

yerrahbah wrote: »

Meh, BOD hadn't been great in the previous tests and the Lions hammered Australia in that test to win the series, so the decision was justified. The dropping of Heaslip, who had been playing well, was a bigger shock for me.

Plus Garland doesn't give a sh*t.

Could well be a future All Blacks coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Tomos Williams any use? Aaron Wainwright?

Williams is a marked improvement over Davies at scrumhalf, at least he was in the last game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Seriously, who cares about BOD being dropped. He's such a complete pain in the hole as a pundit these days, he deserves less sympathy now than he did then and that wasn't very much.

It's 2019 FFS.

tototoe wrote: »
    Seriously, who cares about BOD being dropped. He's such a complete pain in the hole as a pundit these days, he deserves less sympathy now than he did then and that wasn't very much.

It's 2019 FFS.

I think it was clearly posted in jest.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Ireland: R Kearney; J Larmour, B Aki, R Henshaw, K Earls; J Sexton, C Murray; C Healy, R Best (capt), T Furlong, J Ryan, J Kleyn, CJ Stander, J van der Flier, J Conan.

Replacements: S Cronin, D Kilcoyne, A Porter, I Henderson, R Ruddock; L McGrath, J Carty, G Ringrose.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Actually a little surprised with no POM at all.

Line out will be very interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,099 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Faugheen wrote: »
    Actually a little surprised with no POM at all.

Line out will be very interesting.

We have to be prepared to try other combinations. If a lineout dictates backrow selections to the detriment of ball carrying we are in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Interesting in the 'I won't be able to watch the first few with my eyes open' kinda sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Will toner be there?

We are going to win by two scores and look comfortable doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Cronin, kilcoyne, Porter, Henderson is serious impact.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    We have to be prepared to try other combinations. If a lineout dictates backrow selections to the detriment of ball carrying we are in trouble

Don’t get me wrong I get what you’re saying but without Dev as well it’s intriguing as to how it will pan out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Good team on paper. No real hope they'll put in a performance but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

2 very strong teams and Joes final home game.

I'm hoping for presumably what most people are hoping for....

A 0-0 draw where both teams just sit in a circle and talk about how hard they're trying not to get injured before the RWC

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭daddy pig

Good team on paper. No real hope they'll put in a performance but we'll see.

Thats the spirit.
    Let's just upgrade Joe's ticket all the way to Auckland and get rid of him asap.
    We'll send Zebo, Donnacha Ryan, Toner, Marmion and O'Halloran over - sure they'll win the thing by themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭pummice

Wales down to 4th in world rankings
    Ireland back up to 2nd in world rankings

• Advertisement

pummice wrote: »

The maddest thing is NZ back to 1st despite not having played in three weeks. And England overtaking Wales despite not playing last weekend. The rankings are a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Strong side - looking forward to the game

Fully expect at least 5 injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

pummice wrote: »

The maddest thing is NZ back to 1st despite not having played in three weeks. And England overtaking Wales despite not playing last weekend. The rankings are a joke.

I think people just don't understand what a ranking system is. There are problems with the fixtures not the rankings, we end up with partitioned groups and then cross partition games are less competitive than the internal games.

I think people just don't understand what a ranking system is. There are problems with the fixtures not the rankings, we end up with partitioned groups and then cross partition games are less competitive than the internal games.
    Well our old friend Gus Pichot doesn't like the system either and has vowed to change it.

Well our old friend Gus Pichot doesn't like the system either and has vowed to change it.

if only he knew someone with a bit of clout in world rugby...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I could be wrong here, but I think these warm-up games carry as much weight as the 6 nations games towards ranking points? I think that should be changed so they have less influence.

aloooof wrote: »
    I could be wrong here, but I think these warm-up games carry as much weight as the 6 nations games towards ranking points? I think that should be changed so they have less influence.

hmmmm as in friendlies?

Can't see such matches ever losing full test status...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

lawred2 wrote: »
    hmmmm as in friendlies?

Can't see such matches ever losing full test status...

I see your point. But realistically, they are they least meaningful collection of games that are played in any 4-year cycle. (Or, at a minimum, the results are the least meaningful from any group of games in any 4-year cycle).

Would you rather Ireland had beaten England in the 6 Nations or last Saturday week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Hoping Kleyn has a stormer as a two fingered salute to certain members of the press.

Although unless he scores two tries, beats fifteen defenders and steals five lineouts then we will get the anonymous line thrown around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭OldRio

aloooof wrote: »

Would you rather Ireland had beaten England in the 6 Nations or last Saturday week?

I have no memory of a match 'last Saturday week.' Non.

Advertisement