Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know More About Your Elves - #13 Mam of 4

• 02-09-2019 9:59am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here we are lucky number 13... :)

Happy September everyone we are now certainly closing into the end stages of the year already, the nights are getting darker and the kids are back in school. Strictly, GBBO and BGT?!? All back on our TV screens.. it must be Autumn.

This time we are joined by the lovely and very funny Mam of 4!

I'll kick off in typical fashion,

Favourite Chocolate Bar?
    First Single you ever bought?
    Favourite Bank Holiday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Oh Geez , thanks LoughC , may try to live up to that wonderful introduction now !
    (Thanks for having me btw!)

Fav choc bar , good old plain Cadburys Dairymilk , simple pleasure , although Lindt Lindor dairymilk is a close second .

First Single , definitely going to show my age here , it was OMD Joan of Arc . Loved their music , a bit "out there" back in those days ;)

Bank Holiday , don't really have a favorite one if I'm honest . All BH's should be a day for taking it easy and just enjoying , no matter how you spend it imo .

Phew , ok , survived that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

Santa, santy, or father Christmas, or another name?

Jude13 wrote: »
    Santa, santy, or father Christmas, or another name?

When I was growing up it was always Santy in our house Jude . When I had my own little ones it somehow morphed into Santa Claus , and it's the same with the grandchildren now .
    Don't know if it's a generation thing or not tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

Have you made any preparations for Christmas 2019 yet?

Caranica wrote: »
    Have you made any preparations for Christmas 2019 yet?

Not as much this year as I normally would have done Caranica :o
    I have clothes bought for the grandchildren , books , and a few other bits and bobs but that's about it . Am moving house in three weeks so the Christmas Decorations are all packed and ready to go :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭DvB

What did you want to be when you grew up as a child, and how close to achieving it did you get?
    Favourite book?
    Favourite TV show?
    Favourite cake?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Four people to invite to dinner?

Favourite place to visit/holiday?

DvB wrote: »
    What did you want to be when you grew up as a child, and how close to achieving it did you get?
    Favourite book?
    Favourite TV show?
    Favourite cake?

Tbh DvB , I didn't have many aspirations growing up , it was really leave school go to work . Then I worked in childcare for a few years , left that to become a family carer , which I think was my hidden calling if I'm honest :)

Favourite book has to be Sebastian Faulks - Birdsong . Worth looking up if anyone likes books !
    Favourite cake , Lemon Drizzle , it has to be a nice moist one , my idea of the perfect treat !

TRS30 wrote: »
    Four people to invite to dinner?

Favourite place to visit/holiday?

This is a tough one .

Robin Williams , always admired him but the sadness was always visible in his eyes , and would love to just chat without him having to have felt the need to perform .
    Andrea Bocelli , so he could sing for his supper :p
    Ant and Dec , love they way they just bounce off each other .

Haven't gone on many holidays , so favorite place to go would be anywhere by the sea . Nothing better than just sitting watching waves crashing against the rocks , the smell of the salt in the air , good for the soul :)

Sorry for the long , rambling answers :o

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    This is a tough one .

Robin Williams , always admired him but the sadness was always visible in his eyes , and would love to just chat without him having to have felt the need to perform .

Haven't gone on many holidays , so favorite place to go would be anywhere by the sea . Nothing better than just sitting watching waves crashing against the rocks , the smell of the salt in the air , good for the soul :)

I hear you about the sea, having grown up beside it, it was only when I moved away for a few years I realised how much I missed it. Back living beside it now and love it, especially stormy days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is a tough one .

Stop your answers are brilliant!! :)

Ant and Dec, great choice!! Although you may need to hide the wine from Ant!!

Loughc wrote: »
    Stop your answers are brilliant!! :)

I love the fact that they are genuinely great friends , they have a fantastic bond with each other :)
    My house actually might have alcohol in it this year woohoo !(none for Ant , you're right )

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Great book choice, Birdsong is a fantastic read!
    Loughc wrote: »
    Actual lol. :D:D

Favourite Christmas memory?

If you had to give one bit of advice, what would it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Favourite movie?
    Favourite month?

Are you a wolf? :p:D

Oh and good luck with the house m move!

Favourite Christmas memory?

If you had to give one bit of advice, what would it be?

Favorite memory has to be my brothers coming into my room Christmas morning , one holding a candle and whispering "let's sneak out see if Santy has gone !"
    Our parents weren't too impressed , it was around 5.30 , still dark :D

Advice , I'm useless at giving advice tbh , just don't worry about stuff , it all works out in the end , worrying doesn't change the outcome of anything .

kitten_k wrote: »
    Favourite movie?
    Favourite month?

Are you a wolf? :p:D

Oh and good luck with the house m move!

A Night To Remember , the original Titanic film , not a Christmas movie by any means !
    Favorite month , April , when everything seems to get a new lease of life , days get brighter , always find it an uplifting month :)

Lol , am definitely a wolf in sheeps clothing Kitten :D
    And thank you !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Tea or coffee?

Favourite hobby?

Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Favourite alcoholic (or non alcoholic) beverage?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Tea or coffee?

Favourite hobby?

Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Coffee , it really is my drug of choice !

Hobby , I make things out of old books , hedgehogs , angels , Christmas trees etc , nothing special tbh .

Oh tough one , love Christmas Eve , getting all the prep done , family calling in :)
    Although I do love my Christmas dinner , sprouts and all :D

• Advertisement

Favourite alcoholic (or non alcoholic) beverage?

Haven't had the opportunity to drink for a very long time , but a bottle of Bulmers would be my choice , plain as muck ! Or I remember loving Black Russians once upon a time :)

Scariest thing to ever happy to you?

Favourite holiday other than Christmas?

Scariest thing to ever happy to you?

Favourite holiday other than Christmas?

Scariest thing was when oldest son (as a baby) , took ill one day and was rushed to Crumlin Children's Hospital , and no one knew what was wrong with him . Ventilated , surgeries , a few weeks there , that awful , horrific feeling will never leave me . Puts things into perspective tbh . (All turned out well for him though :) )

Easter , looking forward to brighter days ahead , flowers coming into bloom , a new lease of life ahead :)

Geez , ye're really making me think hard with these questions , love it :D

Scariest thing was when oldest son (as a baby) , took ill one day and was rushed to Crumlin Children's Hospital , and no one knew what was wrong with him . Ventilated , surgeries , a few weeks there , that awful , horrific feeling will never leave me . Puts things into perspective tbh . (All turned out well for him though :) )

Easter , looking forward to brighter days ahead , flowers coming into bloom , a new lease of life ahead :)

Geez , ye're really making me think hard with these questions , love it :D

My biggest nightmare. Been to Temple Street a couple of time and if I never see the place again I'll be happy.

You can get your own back when it's my go :)

My biggest nightmare. Been to Temple Street a couple of time and if I never see the place again I'll be happy.

You can get your own back when it's my go :)

It's horrible isn't it ? I think it's because things are out of our control and we can't "fix" it or make it right for our child ourselves , if that makes sense ?
    I hope ye don't have to go back to Temple Street :)

It's horrible isn't it ? I think it's because things are out of our control and we can't "fix" it or make it right for our child ourselves , if that makes sense ?
    I hope ye don't have to go back to Temple Street :)

The worst, the totally feeling of being helpless when all you want to do is something/anything to help.

As much as I never want to set foot in Temple Street hospital ever again I have to say the staff are magnificent, even when its clear they are under huge strain they are still so good with the patients. Have been there through the night with both pf ours and they always made it as pleasant and as friendly as possible, they earn every cent they're paid & deserve three or four times as much for the good work they do.

Anyway, back to questions.... favourite perfume/aftershave?

Fruit scone or danish pastry?

As much as I never want to set foot in Temple Street hospital ever again I have to say the staff are magnificent, even when its clear they are under huge strain they are still so good with the patients. Have been there through the night with both pf ours and they always made it as pleasant and as friendly as possible, they earn every cent they're paid & deserve three or four times as much for the good work they do.

Anyway, back to questions.... favourite perfume/aftershave?

Fruit scone or danish pastry?

100% agree with you , they all so dedicated , and go over and above to make both parents and children , at ease .

Favorite perfume is CK One , clean and simple .
    Don't like either fruit scones or danish pastries !
    A plain scone with butter and jam for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hi Mum of Four !
    Here my questions:
    -What do you consider your most underrated virtue?
    -Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
    -Which talent would you most like to have?

Thanks !!!

• Advertisement

otnomart wrote: »
    Hi Mum of Four !
    Here my questions:
    -What do you consider your most underrated virtue?
    -Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
    -Which talent would you most like to have?

Thanks !!!

Oh good lordie , I had to google virtues :D
    Diligence I think . If I'm doing something , I will do it to the best of my capabilities , and give it everything I have , but on the flip side , I can be lazy at times too until I have to be diligent . Very roundabout answer , sorry !

It will be grand . I say that all the time , and Don't worry about it , need to find a new one I think :o

I would love to be able to play a musical instrument . Rest of the family are very talented , but the gene somehow missed me :(

Tough questions , thank you !

Advertisement