Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs that remind you of ChristmasFM

• 02-09-2019 9:23am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Inspired by this post....
    iguana wrote: »
    Among them was a singing dog who sings Britney Spears' My Only Wish (This Year) which I think has to be the most Christmas FM-y song there is. So now I'm up drinking coffee in the kitchen, singing to Santa about just wanting one thing, really looking forward to Autumn and Halloween and Christmas!

What song instantly reminds you of ChristmasFM?

I've 3...

"It's beginning to look alot like Christmas" they opening the station with that song a couple of years, just a perfect start.

"Christmas Can Can" - I've never heard of this song until ChristmasFM but it's so catchy and fun.

"Christmas Shoes" - Love it or Hate it, the debates rages on... and the debate is what brought it to my attention... oh and I hate it by the way :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    "Chr*s***s S***s"

Fixed that for you. :pac:

Mine is definitely Underneath The Tree by Kelly Clarkson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Jude13

"It's beginning to look alot like Christmas" should be used each year to open the station. God I love Christmas fm. I usually throw in a few requests and love getting texts from people in Ireland saying they have heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I 100% associate 'Its beginning to look a lot like christmas' with Christmas FM, especially with it having been the first song the last few years (at least thats my recollection) but cant say I specifically associate any others with it... sure I hear everything on it over the 3 or 5 weeks its broadcast live. Theres probably loads of songs that I wouldnt hear elsewhere that should fill that description but they just dont stand out enough for me to remember them atm.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Apart from Stright No Chaser ( thanks to Christmas FM, I'm a big fan ) and the Fred Waring and Ray Conniff big band stuff this is the one that reminds me big time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Christmas Shoes - obvs :D

Once upon a Christmas Song - Geraldine McQueen

A Christmas to Remember

Text me merry Christmas

Feliz Navidad

You don't really here those on mainstream radio - oh wait - I rarely listen to mainstream radio once Christmas FM goes live!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

chuckles30 wrote: »

Feliz Navidad

You don't really here those on mainstream radio - oh wait - I rarely listen to mainstream radio once Christmas FM goes live!!

Feliz Navidad, oh yes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Feliz Navidad, oh yes!!!

100%, don't think I have heard that on any other station.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »

That song actually reminds me of TippFM they played it every year back in the day, the joys of growing up with regional radio :P

Once upon a Christmas Song - Geraldine McQueen

OMG had forgotten this one, classic christmas FM one that :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Christmas Shoes

Feliz Navidad

Once Upon A Christmas Song

God I can't wait for it to be back!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Christmas Shoes

Feliz Navidad

Once Upon A Christmas Song

God I can't wait for it to be back!

With all this talk of Christmas songs, might pop into the app at lunch and have a little listen :)

That song actually reminds me of TippFM they played it every year back in the day, the joys of growing up with regional radio :P

Ditto, well my brother in law heard it and thought it was hilarious and would constantly sing it, he's a lot younger than his eldest sister (my OH).

Always reminds me of Tipp and hearing it on the way to Limerick.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Straight no Chaser's 12 Days of Christmas... never seen it on any TV music channels or heard it anywhere else other than Christmas FM!

TRS30 wrote: »
    With all this talk of Christmas songs, might pop into the app at lunch and have a little listen :)

First song...........'Driving home for Christmas'...........trying hard not to sing out loud!

Funnily enough, I've been staying late in the office a lot due to workload the last couple of weeks & when getting the train home around 9ish one night last week got a real urge to listen to my christmas playlist, normally I refrain until December before breaking out the christmas tunes & managed to fight the urge but must admit I came close :D

First song...........'Driving home for Christmas'...........trying hard not to sing out loud!

Well now that's stuck in my head cheers. Looking out at 45 degree heat doesnt match up.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Well now that's stuck in my head cheers. Looking out at 45 degree heat doesnt match up.

Close your eyes and think of snow and warm log fires with a glass of eggnog :D

Close your eyes and think of snow and warm log fires with a glass of eggnog :D

Eggnog, have never tried it. they have non alcho ones here but the ingredients boggles the mind.

Another one that reminds me of Christmas fm
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MFJ7ie_yGU&t=97s

Another one that reminds me of Christmas fm
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MFJ7ie_yGU&t=97s

Not anymore it's not :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AirAmp2019

Darlene Love; Marshmallow World! I don't think I'd ever heard that before ChristmasFM!

Feliz Navidad, obviously enough!

"One more sleep" - which, oddly, I've been randomly singing for the past month!

So did Clare FM :D:D

AirAmp2019 wrote: »
    Darlene Love; Marshmallow World! I don't think I'd ever heard that before ChristmasFM!

I'd forgotten about Marshmallow World.....and One More Sleep.....

AirAmp2019 wrote: »

Marshmallow world, yes!! great shout.

And one more sleep... you're not an insomniac are you? :pac:

So did Clare FM :D:D

They're owned by the same crowd as Tipp FM now and all. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Not anymore it's not :(

It will be back for sure. They said it was only removed due to the lack of requests not any shrilling from social media. I am sure they received a number of requests for it it even though it was not played, some of them were my requests.

Therefore, it should make an appearance this year.

It will be back for sure. They said it was only removed due to the lack of requests not any shrilling from social media. I am sure they received a number of requests for it it even though it was not played, some of them were my requests.

Therefore, it should make an appearance this year.

Remember that whole saga now that you mention it. Seemed totally over the top imo however you have to be so careful what you say and do these days.

I’m completely okay with them not playing it.

I’m completely okay with them not playing it.
    Ditto, if its not being requested, no need to play it.

• Advertisement

Ditto, if its not being requested, no need to play it.

Now how do we do the same for Christmas Shoes...

Advertisement