Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concra Wood

• 02-09-2019 7:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

How is the course playing at the moment? Open day on Wednesday but with the recent rain I’m a bit concerned if’s it’s website is saying placing on the fairways.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Personally I wouldn't bother, it doesnt take heavy rain very well. Bunkers flood easily, fairways will be firm but wet under foot. Greens are in good condition.

PM me if you want more info. I know a few who played in a society last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Dr Devious

Thanks Kieran, think I’ll give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Played it last week and was very disappointed. Complete swamp. Really shouldn't have been open.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭twounderpar

Played this course recently and was very disappointed with the condition it was in. We decided early on that we would place everywhere and we took greenside bunkers out of play. No problem with fairway bunkers as you just played it like you would off the fairway. Very soft fairways and the greens were very poor...bumpy and lots of small holes on many of them.
    There were two fake owls at the edge of each green. We reckoned they were there to keep birds away. There are some spectacular holes and the tenth is probably the best of them.
    Overall,great location but wouldn't recommend it in its current condition. Needs major investment to bring it up to a standard to match the wonderful location.

Advertisement