Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Than Us (Netflix)

• 21-08-2019 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭

Anyone watch this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

kinda errie how the bots look fake sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just started this and it kind of has the futuristic Black Mirror feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

This seems like a more upmarket Humans, with actual robots as well as human-like ones (anthropo facsimiliac?) but the acting is pretty rubbish, and the direction poor. No score on RT, but IMBd gives it 7.2.
    It has the hamminess of Humans, but the low-budget Humans was able to deal sensitively with certain issues, whereas this doesn't feel like it could.
    It's actually set in Russia, so in Russian, with sub-titles. When I went back and looked at the trailer, they have it sneekily dubbed, with only a small bit of Cyrillic at the end. I hadn't watched the trailer initially- I just started to watch it on speck, but could only watch 1/2 hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭cena

This seems like a more upmarket Humans, with actual robots as well as human-like ones (anthropo facsimiliac?) but the acting is pretty rubbish, and the direction poor. No score on RT, but IMBd gives it 7.2.
    It has the hamminess of Humans, but the low-budget Humans was able to deal sensitively with certain issues, whereas this doesn't feel like it could.
    It's actually set in Russia, so in Russian, with sub-titles. When I went back and looked at the trailer, they have it sneekily dubbed, with only a small bit of Cyrillic at the end. I hadn't watched the trailer initially- I just started to watch it on speck, but could only watch 1/2 hour.
    You can get it in English

cena wrote: »
    You can get it in English

That part wasn't written properly; poor writing on my part. What I meant was that it's dubbed, as well as sub-titled, but the way the trailer is, it uses very few clips with talking, with what looks like an attempt to draw English-speaking people in to watch it, before discovering it needs dubbing/sub-titling.

• Advertisement

When I went into Netflix last, the trailer it presented was the Better Than Us one, but unlike the youtube trailer it was quite obviously Russian. Has anyone actually finished Season 1? Is there a decent plot, and decent AI stuff, to outweigh (what I thought was) the bad acting?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭cena

When I went into Netflix last, the trailer it presented was the Better Than Us one, but unlike the youtube trailer it was quite obviously Russian. Has anyone actually finished Season 1? Is there a decent plot, and decent AI stuff, to outweigh (what I thought was) the bad acting?

I have watched it all. Thought it was intresting story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Is this a remake of Real Humans/Humans ?

Or is it a different story?

Advertisement