Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nancy Drew - The CW *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Growing up I used to read the Hardy Boys books and my sister used to read Nancy Drew books that my uncle used to buy for us, I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to watch this show as both my uncle and sister are no longer with us but I am smiling thinking of them after watching that trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watched the recent film and quite enjoyed it.

Just need a good Hardy Boys now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I used to love The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Mysteries back in the 70's. Theme music was great too. Thought the actress who played Nancy Drew was gorgeous.

Azatadine wrote: »
    I used to love The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Mysteries back in the 70's. Theme music was great too. Thought the actress who played Nancy Drew was gorgeous.

Thought the same myself.
    aa39ab36ef07e3bb47954400963adfc2.jpg

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

This first episode wasn't great at all. Reviews online comparing it to Riverdale. Some folks may like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I watched it
    Would prefer that any of the supernatural stuff was just part of the mystery and not real, but the way it's going, that would be hard to justify now.
    And why dig up a box with the dress from its hiding place, only to put it somewhere much more accessible to a curious kid/teen?

Was that drugs in the car?

Not sure what to make of it to be honest I give it a few episodes to find it's feet.

I really liked Sophia Lillis portrayal of Nancy in the film earlier this year so that might be putting me off this ones Nancy.

Ah yeah, that Sophia Lillis film was a weird one
    in the sense that the twist was in the title.

Scott Wolf probably saw this series was similar to Veronica Mars so was hoping they would get someone Kristen Bell's height to play the part. :)

• Advertisement

Will give this one more episode. Reminds me of Riverdale more than Veronica Mars.
    If they went the case of the week route, as well as the overall arc it would be better. But as it stands they have 2 season long mysteries and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Watching this with bandana girl as she loved the books and tv show as a kid , but I am finding it very very boring , none of the fun and like ability of Veronica mars .

• Registered Users Posts: 85,005 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Couldn't bring myself to watch episode 3.

Ended up watching the first season and liked it. May have to watch the finale again.
    Teaser for season 2 which starts January 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,005 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement