Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angel has Fallen

• 16-05-2019 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭

I know these movies have their haters, but this is perfect summer fodder for me.

I think it looks great. Coke, popcorn, switch brain off. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Haven't been to the flicks in over 28 years. This may just get me into a cinema though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I haven't even watched the trailer yet I know I going to love this.

Back in 2.30 minutes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Angriest man on the silver screen, love him in movies. Pure popcorn nacho cheesey heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I haven't watch London has Fallen yet :(

Maybe I should

Loved it.

First in line for it in August with a large Popcorn and Large Coke.

Though Mrs Will Smith has put a bit of a downer on it when I saw her.

Radha Mitchell has been replaced as the wife.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Slydice wrote: »
    I haven't watch London has Fallen yet :(

Maybe I should

It's even better than the 1st movie, more anger, more cursing, more throbbing veins in neck and forehead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I genuinely loved the first one but I thought London has fallen was pretty bad, and not in a good way. Would still check this one out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I genuinely loved the first one but I thought London has fallen was pretty bad, and not in a good way. Would still check this one out though.

Yes thought the same

Jada Smith doing her best TLJ from The Fugitive :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Sign me up. Love these cheesy actioners.

Not mad on the being-framed-and-on-the-run-to-prove-his-innocence plot.

Going a bit off course there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Yeah, perfect popcorn fare. Will definitely make the effort to see this on the big screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,822 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

hells yeah

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Mr E wrote: »
    I know these movies have their haters, but this is perfect summer fodder for me.

I think it looks great. Coke, popcorn, switch brain off. :)

trailer
    so they choose to use drones to kill at the one place where they are ineffective near deep water

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,719 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wait, I thought these films were supposed to be cheap Die Hard knock-offs, this looks like an even cheaper Fugitive knock-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

International Trailer:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,719 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Man, I know trailers often use WIP FX, but even by that standard, the CGI and muzzle flashes looked absolutely terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Looks great

Out next Wednesday the 21st got my bucket of popcorn ready.

That is the weakest of the 3 film still an enjoyable popcorn film and is saved by Nick Nolte being fcuking Nick Nolte.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I really enjoyed it. I'd put it in the middle, with London worse. Some annoying shaky cam though.

Nick Nolte was great, and it was nice to see practical special effects being used (the explosions looked practical anyway!)

I think the trailers gave too much away.... Common complaint these days, unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Danny Huston is John Huston's son he is one of those actors that I knew the face but never the name until this evening when I checked out who he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

That is the weakest of the 3 film still an enjoyable popcorn film and is saved by Nick Nolte being fcuking Nick Nolte.

Jesus, if that's true I'll be avoiding it. I loved the first one but London has Fallen was pretty terrible, and not in an enjoyable cheesy way, just...bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,822 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I'd rate it in between the first 2 movies , its ok to watch and some good banter with Nolte's character, overall the plot is on the contrived side so don't think about it too much. At this stage they need to stop rolling out Morgan Freeman to play the President.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Anyone willing to hand over cash, get your life together.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

What a steaming pile of $hit of a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I saw it yesterday, and I thought it was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

Saw it friday night, 23rd. Not enough skullduggery for my liking. Plenty of action but the amount of swearing just dilutes the impact. Last fight was too short. Too much reliance on gadgetry. I'd give it a 7/10

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,087 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Harmless stuff really. Loved Nick Nolte.
    On leaving the cinema I heard a woman say 'terrible oul' nonsense really', but in a 'sure wasn't it enjoyable all the same' sort of way. That about summed it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So I finally got to go see this today. I have to say its not as bad as some have said. I enjoyed it and would watch it again. I did think some of the fighting at the end was very confusing do and it was hard to know who was good or bad that's one of the reasons I will watch it again just not in the cinema again. I thought there was some parts that could have been put together better.
    The plot was predictable especially at the beginning but then it got better Some of the plot seemed a bit messed up and all over the place but then there was some very good parts like at the beginning where your one is interviewing the two of them in different areas at the one time. I want know how she done that so I can be in two places at once lol. There was even some funny parts in it.

Overall I would give it 6 out of 10.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement