Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stag friendly venues Waterford?

• 28-08-2019 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Im hosting a stag for my buddies who are coming from Cork in October, there are about 20 of us. Im looking for a few places in Waterford that would be friendly enough and welcoming for a stag party and/or the best place for a private party with some finger food? The lads in work all said to use Molloys for catering so I might go with that, can anyone recommend them?

Im not 100% familiar with all the places here yet, im here only 2 years. The pubs I know are The Craftsman (and the gang there told me they also cater for private parties) and The Kazbar. Any suggestions welcome? The plan is 2 days of drinking and bit of craic, and we aren't wild or scummy in any way, not a bad bone in us so there wont be any trouble. Plus we are all 30-35 so too old for that carry on! Thanks people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dom84

The middle floor in the Kazbar is good for a party - they will also supply the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

If you aren't wild or scummy in any way will love Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dzilla

I have heard good things about Itty Bittys function room and food provided.

The craftsman is a grand spot but you might prefer to be in town:town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DeiseNew

dzilla wrote: »
    I have heard good things about Itty Bittys function room and food provided.

The craftsman is a grand spot but you might prefer to be in town:town.

Thanks dzilla, I will also check out Itty Bittys.

I agree, the Craftsman is a fine spot for either a quiet pint during the week or a bit of carvery when the soccer is on the weekend. Very friendly people.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

Talk to Flash at Revolution, they do loads of hen parties and he might be up for a stag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Talk to Flash at Revolution, they do loads of hen parties and he might be up for a stag

Will do. Is "Flash" his name??

vriesmays wrote: »
    If you aren't wild or scummy in any way will love Waterford.

Ok....meaning?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

Will do. Is "Flash" his name??

Sorry - Jim Gordon but everybody knows him as Flash. He runs a good pub and I’m sure he would be glad to help you out

Sorry - Jim Gordon but everybody knows him as Flash. He runs a good pub and I’m sure he would be glad to help you out
    Meant to say yes Flash is a well known local businessman!

Another few +1s for Molloys as well apparently. As for food, nothing too fancy just finger food. Thanks for the suggestions so far. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dzilla

DeiseNew wrote: »
    Another few +1s for Molloys as well apparently. As for food, nothing too fancy just finger food. Thanks for the suggestions so far. :P

As mentioned earlier Flash may do an event also for ye, like i know he does craft and whiskey tasting stuff for corporate events in town so that could be an option for ye. This is his site now -

https://revolutionwaterford.com/book-a-function/
    https://revolutionwaterford.com/hens-stags/

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kamiooka

Kazbar is probably the go-to place for Stag parties in Waterford.

Tullys or Grady's Yard are two good spots too if ye fancy craft beers.

There's an axe-throwing / escape room place on O'Connell St opposite Tully's that might get them out of the pub for a few hours

& there a Go-Karting track called Non-Stop Go-Karting that I have'nt been to but looks like craic.

Surfing in Tramore or Cycling on the Waterford Greenway are options too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Kamiooka wrote: »
    Kazbar is probably the go-to place for Stag parties in Waterford.

Tullys or Grady's Yard are two good spots too if ye fancy craft beers.

There's an axe-throwing / escape room place on O'Connell St opposite Tully's that might get them out of the pub for a few hours

& there a Go-Karting track called Non-Stop Go-Karting that I have'nt been to but looks like craic.

Surfing in Tramore or Cycling on the Waterford Greenway are options too.

I'd ring ahead before going for the Go-Karting as they might not welcome a stag party. They are crazy strict from my experience of going there and will start roaring and shouting at you if there's the slightest contact on the track. Sucks all the crack out of it.

Its funny coz one of the lads in work said the exact same thing about Go Karting. That they were just drilled with rules and more rules and even a few training sessions before they all got into it and that there was just no fun or craic with it. Might give that a miss.

Im aiming now towards the Kazbar as they offered a good package for me plus will include the food so a very possible yes from me. Ill keep Flashes name for something else. Ive done the Escape rooms here but didnt like it. Is there a 3D Viking thingie in Waterford or did i dream it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

The go-karting is passable for kids but no craic for adults. I was there during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

https://kiltorcan.com/index.php

Decent track that isn't too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cactus jacks

Is there a 3D Viking thingie in Waterford or did i dream it?

There is indeed.

http://www.kingofthevikings.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

This is brilliant. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Have a look in the escape rooms in O'Connell Street or maybe catch a game in the RSC?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,709 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

maybe catch a game in the RSC?

this alone would drive you to drink ha

Escape room is great, the muesums on the viking triangle are good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

PTH2009 wrote: »
    this alone would drive you to drink ha

Escape room is great, the muesums on the viking triangle are good

Sure thing buddy!

The Waterfords Crystal Museum is a must for any stag party visiting the city.

That looks great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Waterford is grand for a stag party. Was at a couple of them over the years and once nobody is locked or causing trouble the bouncers are sound, unlike Kilkenny which I would never recommend for a stag as I have had enough of the bouncers on their power trip

Waterford is grand for a stag party. Was at a couple of them over the years and once nobody is locked or causing trouble the bouncers are sound, unlike Kilkenny which I would never recommend for a stag as I have had enough of the bouncers on their power trip

I think bad apple bouncers are everywhere. Im from Cork and there are quite a few bitter power mad bouncers who think they are protecting Donald Trump when its just some kip of a club.
    That hotel Bridge Hotel seems to attract a lot of hens and stags. Any time i drive by its thronged. But it looks a bit rough tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

HOW ABOUT THE BUMPER CARS IN TRAMORE HEHE

HOW ABOUT THE BUMPER CARS IN TRAMORE HEHE

Im 33 so probably a bit old...

I have decided to pick the Kazbaar as they offered us a great deal plus throwing in the 3D Viking and a trip on the Greenway as the activities. Now we just need a nice pub to recover from on the third day with maybe a few hairs of the dog ha ha..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,709 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Im 33 so probably a bit old...

I have decided to pick the Kazbaar as they offered us a great deal plus throwing in the 3D Viking and a trip on the Greenway as the activities. Now we just need a nice pub to recover from on the third day with maybe a few hairs of the dog ha ha..

Traecy Hotel s Bar on the Quay is a good place for stags on Sunday morning. Opens pretty early too i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Traecy Hotel s Bar on the Quay is a good place for stags on Sunday morning. Opens pretty early too i think

Most Hotels try to avoid stags so I wouldn't go saying that on booking, The Hotels that accept with open arms will tell you alot about where your staying

Most Hotels try to avoid stags so I wouldn't go saying that on booking, The Hotels that accept with open arms will tell you alot about where your staying

If they are going cycling on The Greenway just say they are a cycling group! It's not really a lie! :)

• Advertisement

The go-karting is passable for kids but no craic for adults. I was there during the summer.

That's disappointing to hear, The reviews on their facebook page were all very good.

Advertisement