Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer Lingus Cadet Programme 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

Just a note to those waiting. Last year I didn't get an email until 3months later, when the course was already well under way so potentially you could be waiting a while, unless it's good news of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

AfterDusk wrote: »
    Just a note to those waiting. Last year I didn't get an email until 3months later, when the course was already well under way so potentially you could be waiting a while, unless it's good news of course :)

Seriously... the wait must have been terrible until the assessment centres were over
    Hopefully its not the same this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RagingBull81

Is anybody still waiting on the call/rejection email?

Is anybody still waiting on the call/rejection email?

Yup still waiting here...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RagingBull81

Well I got the good news call on Friday if that helps with your suspense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Still waiting also - however lots got called on Friday too so let’s hope today and tomorrow calls are still going out fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lemuz

Hi all
    I have received a private call today that I could not take. Anyone knows if they call as a private number? Many thanks

Lemuz wrote: »
    Hi all
    I have received a private call today that I could not take. Anyone knows if they call as a private number? Many thanks

According to Pprune it’s an 01 562 XXXX number and they email you to contact them if you don’t answer them

tomister wrote: »
    According to Pprune it’s an 01 562 XXXX number and they email you to contact them if you don’t answer them
    Many thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FlyingBee

Still waiting on either an email or a call here. Starting to lose hope and checking my junk inbox frequently too in case I missed something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

Got the call on Monday so happy out.

Does anyone know approx how many people get invited to the assessment centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 littlelaurad

Got the call on Monday so happy out.

Does anyone know approx how many people get invited to the assessment centre?

Congrats!
    I think it’s about 250 over the ten days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Wait...so it involves some interviews... or what's next !?
    Have you got the position or is another test / interview !?

Im just preparing my 12 yo for the process, i'm not your competition today.
    Thanks.

Good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ShaneW1986

I just got the call today, so if anyone is still waiting they're still calling, so hold out on giving up hope yet. I wish you all the best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Luke.t

Just got the call yesterday, has anyone any idea what the group assessment means? Like what is involved.

Anyone else still waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

tomister wrote: »
    Anyone else still waiting?

Yes, I am

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shaundoyle96

Hey all, getting nervous now. Is there anyone still waiting? A few friends got an email to say they will not be going further in the competition.
    I have not received an email or call as of yet. Does anybody know why this is? I know no news is good news but many people have already gotten the call.
    Thanks.

Waiting also here, but being realistic... I do not think we pass to the next step. I believe we might be in a list on hold or something like that

Lemuz wrote: »
    Waiting also here, but being realistic... I do not think we pass to the next step. I believe we might be in a list on hold or something like that

Yeah with assessment days starting next week I wouldn’t hold my breath. It’s annoying as we’re all waiting by the phone hoping we get a call

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 FlyingBee

Still waiting here. I have emailed and received a ‘still assessing applications’ reply, but at this point i’m not hopeful that it’s anything other than a reserve name on a list.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gav4321

All gone quiet here. How did people find it? I was in last week and they kept approx 14 for interview.

Any idea when we will here?

gav4321 wrote: »
    All gone quiet here. How did people find it? I was in last week and they kept approx 14 for interview.

Any idea when we will here?

Some of us are still waiting for calls/emails from the online assessments haha
    Hope last week went well!

All gone quiet here. Any1 get a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭horsey63

According to pprune, calls for psych were made in last few days, with the tests being done in the coming week

Anyone who got through to the interview stage at the assessment days hear back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Deadbolt91

Yes, received an invitation to the psych questionnaire yesterday and got a call from Aer Lingus today to schedule a date for the interview.

Good luck to all of those still waiting.

Just when I thought it was time to give up, maybe not! Bizzare how they have ran it however. It will be 4 weeks this Friday since the last interview day and majority of people still none the wiser.

Most people who attended the interviews seem to have been told that the course start date was 20/21 November, yet a message on Pprune says there will be courses commencing over next couple of months.

You would thinking when it involves an investment of over 2 million euro for a company, the parameters would be clearly set out from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Deadbolt91

My understanding is that the class starting on November 22nd has already been filled, which included some people from the holding pool from last year's competition. Following that, they appear to have received the go ahead for at least one more class in December or the new year which I believe anyone who just now received an invitation to the psych interview is being evaluated for. Based on the date given to me for my interview, it is impossible to make the November 22nd deadline and still have 4 weeks to give notice to my current employer, so based on that I believe there will be at least 1 or 2 more classes to follow in the coming months.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm the same I was informed that we'd hear back three to five weeks after the final assessment days.

I was also under the impression that each competition was it's own and that you had to start from scratch each time and that there was no holding pool?

It's hard to know what's happening or what to do as I'm due to fly out to Japan now next week for my next contract. It would have given them the five weeks but it seems like it could be considerably longer now before hearing back.

Advertisement