Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roisin Dubh

• 26-08-2019 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

hi can someone tell me where to park when going to a gig in the roisin dubh?im driving from cork and back down after the gig so the nearer the better.i dont know galway that well.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Mill St car park and walk down Dominic St to the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Thankyou.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Also ravens terrace,even closer.

Also ravens terrace,even closer.

Is ravens terrace a street or a parking place?sounds like a street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Is ravens terrace a street or a parking place?sounds like a street.

Is parking bays there,in front of gourmet tart,in front of the shop,plenty of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

There is on street parking along parkavara next to the canal. A little bridge brings you to the back of the Roisin dubh. Free in the evenings, you don’t need a ticket or permit. Loads of other on street parking in area too.
    Mill street car park is the closest official car park (off road) but it can fill up in the evenings. It’s also free after 6.30pm.
    If you want food Hooked fish and chips is nearby and recommended by many foodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Wompa1

If it's a late gig, you should be able to get on-stress parking close to it. Either along Henry St, down by Gourmet Tart over by The Crane. There are a lot of choices.

You're hardcore driving up and back to Cork!

Thanks for all the replies.im sure ill get something out of all that.
    And im on the right side of cork : )

• Registered Users Posts: 27 t.singh1

You can park at Hynes Yard Parking on the near the Docks.

t.singh1 wrote: »

Why would you pay to park a long walk away when you can park close for free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

t.singh1 wrote: »

That’s not in any way close to the Roisin Dubh!

Well seeing as the OP got sorted last month there's not much point any of ye still posting in the thread.

People might come across the thread looking for similar info you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Somewhat off topic but in line with thread title...

They were charging €6 to get into the Roisin this evening. I've never seen that before... normally just a charge to get into a gig in the back of the room upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    Somewhat off topic but in line with thread title...

They were charging €6 to get into the Roisin this evening. I've never seen that before... normally just a charge to get into a gig in the back of the room upstairs.

They do a 2 beers for the price of 1 deal now on a Wednesday, so they charge €6 on the door. It is what it is, I guess. Going after that Carbon dollar.

Pretty sure they charge to get in on Tuesdays with the silent disco as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Yougov.ie2000

Raven Terrace has become a magnet for mad people , when looked into case by case , there has been previous sad stories....i ask is there not a room somewhere that keep these people in and give them happy pills and soft music during the day time.? to odd unhinged individual they go crazy from time to time around very normal people..sometimes when there is children present ..there ..all one can do is laugh but one of the days it will seriously wrong and someone could get hurt ...

Raven Terrace has become a magnet for mad people , when looked into case by case , there has been previous sad stories....i ask is there not a room somewhere that keep these people in and give them happy pills and soft music during the day time.? to odd unhinged individual they go crazy from time to time around very normal people..sometimes when there is children present ..there ..all one can do is laugh but one of the days it will seriously wrong and someone could get hurt ...

Are you one of these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Necro thread lock.
    Yougov, you may start a new thread if you wish but tbh it's not much us internet people can do...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement