Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW4 Transfer thread

• 23-08-2019 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Do we need to talk about Siggy?

3 games in a row and not even an assist - I see he was subbed on 61 mins today - is his game time under threat going forward?

All well and good having him and being on penalties but less so if he’s not guaranteed 90 mins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Do we need to talk about Siggy?

3 games in a row and not even an assist - I see he was subbed on 61 mins today - is his game time under threat going forward?

All well and good having him and being on penalties but less so if he’s not guaranteed 90 mins.

Got rid tonight for Marital before the inevitable price drop, tonight was 1st time I saw Everton play this season, they seemed to play mostly down the wings and that doesn't suit him as he needs to be pinging shots in from the edge of the box so to get the most of him they need to go more direct, being stuck in the hole between Gomes and DCL doesn't help either, they are both dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Whoops, wrong thread.

Off to wildcard Town....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Looking to get KDB in for Perez.
    Would have to downgrade Kane to make this happen though.

Will likely bank the transfer until international break.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Starting to fear for Siggy's future game time. With the arrival of Iwobi and Siggy"s performances so far and I've already lost money on him. Might be time to get rid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Ricky to maddison very likely. Potentially a -4 with Wilson moving depending on a few things. Foster likely to go too but not before they play Newcastle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wildy activated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I have Siggy and Wilson adding very little but reducing team value, Ndombele injured, Zouma the donkey and want to do Salah to Mané to free up cash, might have to WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭patmac

Thinking Salah, Greenwood to Mane/Pukki might have to do it tonight mind. Not sure about Pukki yet and his fixtures aren’t great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

patmac wrote: »
    Thinking Salah, Greenwood to Mane/Pukki might have to do it tonight mind. Not sure about Pukki yet and his fixtures aren’t great.

Form over fixtures is the general rule....I think Pukki has gone up .3 since last Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Dedonkey out for Cantwell. More for the price rises than the intention of playing him. But given his form, he might not be on the bench as often as I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Pukki in for King provided he comes through unscathed. No point in being left behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Mount and Pukki in for Wilson and Bilva or Siggy. Maybe just WC altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭touts

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Pukki in for King provided he comes through unscathed. No point in being left behind.

Did Pukki for Wilson. Given my track record Pukki's goals will dry up now and maybe he'll even get a serious injury but I figure if I'm going down I m taking all ye with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

gammygils wrote: »
    Mount and Pukki in for Wilson and Bilva or Siggy. Maybe just WC altogether

Mount off injured

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Pukki at 107% of the target for a price rise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bantee

Damn short .1 of doing Richi & King to Martial & Pukki

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Is it to early to buy Pukki, i never transfer this early in a game week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭siblers

AWB will have to go, Utd are always conceeding

Sawduck wrote: »
    Is it to early to buy Pukki, i never transfer this early in a game week

No, he got through his match without injury so no reason not to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Hogey007 wrote: »

Did the same a min ago, except for c. Wilson instead of king, half tempted to wildcard but will wait until next week and try build some team value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭nullObjects

siblers wrote: »
    No, he got through his match without injury so no reason not to

Norwich have a fixture on Tuesday. I have no idea how much weight they'll give that but he could have another game before next week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Deeney to Pukki would appear to classify for the no-brainer category?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Tielemans ----> Lanzini likely.

Norwich have a fixture on Tuesday. I have no idea how much weight they'll give that but he could have another game before next week

Oh feic, forgot about league Cup. I'd hold fire myself although he'll probably rise

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Thinking of Jimenez and Siggy to Pukki and Martial.

Seems solid business.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

mdwexford wrote: »
    Thinking of Jimenez and Siggy to Pukki and Martial.

Seems solid business.

Martial picked up an injury towards the end of the game so I'd hold off on that and see is it serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Haller might be worth a punt looking at fixtures now he's up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Zouma, Maguire, Siggy and Wijnaldum are my issue players, first two lads can't keep a CS, Siggy game time may be an issue, and getting Wijnaldum didn't pay off. I'm happy enough with the rest of my players.

Chelsea's fixtures though - you had to think they will turn it around, as for Maguire based on current showing he's not worth 5.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Banking after wildcard though I'd probably sell the whole team again after today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭claw

Current team is:

Pope Button
    Cathcart Robertson Gomez Zinchenko Lundstram
    Martial Salah Sterling Perez Dendoncker
    Kane King Greenwood

My issues are with Gomez, Perez, Cathcart and possibly Martial. Not sure I am happy with Greenwood either, would much rather have a 4.5 midfielder chipping in for 2 than sporadic substitute appearances.

Advertisement