Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unpasteurized Beer

• 16-08-2019 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭

Hi lads anyone know where i can get unpasteurized beer. Was in prague for holidays and after been drinkin it all week not once did i get a hangover. Done the beer tour andvthe guide told us that unpasteurized beer helped us not havin hangovers.

Tried o briens off licence and could only find Lomza. Can anyone recommend a few beers and where to get them.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Metalman beer is not pasteurized as it ruins the flavor of the beer. Most micro breweries dont pasteurize their beer as the brewing process already kills 99% of unwanted organisms. Its the big companies like Heineken and Carlsberg that pasteurize it just to be sure to be sure.

http://www.metalmanbrewing.com/
    https://vinepair.com/articles/unpasteurized-beer-explained/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dzilla

Hi lads anyone know where i can get unpasteurized beer. Was in prague for holidays and after been drinkin it all week not once did i get a hangover. Done the beer tour andvthe guide told us that unpasteurized beer helped us not havin hangovers.

Tried o briens off licence and could only find Lomza. Can anyone recommend a few beers and where to get them.

Thanks

Hi there, I was in Decky Bradys on the dunmore road on friday and they have the extended Staropramen range for 5 for 10€ and they had regular / dark and unpasteruized or unfiltered? is there a difference in unfiltered and unpasteurized. Its definitely worth a spin out there I think its what you are looking for.

Thanks
    d

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

dzilla wrote: »
    Hi there, I was in Decky Bradys on the dunmore road on friday and they have the extended Staropramen range for 5 for 10€ and they had regular / dark and unpasteruized or unfiltered? is there a difference in unfiltered and unpasteurized. Its definitely worth a spin out there I think its what you are looking for.

Thanks
    d

I thought the EU were ruling out unpasturised products?? maybe that's just milk products??

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kyler_87

I thought the EU were ruling out unpasturised products?? maybe that's just milk products??

Thought so too

Dunno boy I was just answering their question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Dunno boy I was just answering their question.

No its ok im not takin the mick, i just know the EU were cracking down on a lot of things like that, but in fairness i think it was more about milk products, they dont want to have unpasturised milk products, I know some cheeses cant be sold anymore unless they are pasturised, there was a thing in France where you could buy cheeses like that and even rabbits blood for certain dishes, but they done away with it in the markets in France cos they EU cracked down on a lot of it, bureaucratic bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭JohnC.

The EU didn't ban it. Another BS story that people fall for. They just want it labelled as unpasturised/raw. In places where it is banned, it is the individual nation, not the EU, who ban it.

can't bate the 6 harp for 7€

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I saw some recently in Londis on the Dunmore Road. I remember it sticking in my mind that it was labelled as "unpasteurised" . Cant remember the brand however as I wasn't buying beer at the time just walked past the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Not to get too side tracked here, but you can legally buy and sell raw milk and raw milk products in Ireland. The EU law just says that products containing raw milk need to be labelled . Individual member states can allow or ban raw dairy, it's up to them not the EU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Lidl in Ardkeen had unpasteurised beer last Summer, from an American brewery. Not sure if it's still there.

I'd always support local though, so Declan in World Wide Wines or Julie in Ardkeen Stores won't steer you wrong I reckon

I saw some recently in Londis on the Dunmore Road. I remember it sticking in my mind that it was labelled as "unpasteurised" . Cant remember the brand however as I wasn't buying beer at the time just walked past the fridge.

They have the Lomza one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭bullpost

can't bate the 6 harp for 7€

Or the hangover the following day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

Thanks for all your suggestions guys, keep em comin

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

All Dungarvan Brewing Company beers are unpasteurised. https://dungarvanbrewingcompany.com/our-beers/

keep it local :)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

foghlu wrote: »
    All Dungarvan Brewing Company beers are unpasteurised. https://dungarvanbrewingcompany.com/our-beers/

keep it local :)
    Just wondering if you know where they stock the Dungarvan beer in town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

jopax wrote: »
    Just wondering if you know where they stock the Dungarvan beer in town?

Id imagine most places would stock it,ive seen it in Supervalu Kilbarry and world wide wines

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

Id imagine most places would stock it,ive seen it in Supervalu Kilbarry and world wide wines

Great thanks, I'll try super value in kilbarry

Advertisement