Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant Pot Cooker 60% off on Amazon

• 22-08-2019 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I had price alert set on this cooker. It has good reviews and few friends using it are very happy.

I just bought one now, this is the lowest price since 2016.

Instant Pot Duo V2 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, 6 Qt, 5.7L 1000 W, Brushed Stainless Steel/Black, 220-240v, Stainless Steel Inner Pot https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OP26T4K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_PFPxDb6ZHFGZV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

That looks like a mad yoke altogether?
    Whats your experience with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Great experience from friends and family.
    I will share my experience once I receive it next week.

Good day
    vidapura wrote: »
    That looks like a mad yoke altogether?
    Whats your experience with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I absolutely adore it. Thats a brilliant bargain. Think slow cooker but much quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

It's a brilliant gadget, used daily in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

I have an air fryer ,do I need this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Rooy wrote: »

\I have both, and it's pretty much all I use. The oven gets turned on about once a month or less.

Instant Pot - risottos, curries, stews, casseroles, anything that needs a slow cooking

Airfyer - cooking meat, steaks, frozen things, sweet potato fries

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

I literally just bought a pressure cooker and the first line on this thing is "No more rattles and hisses"

Is this a better yoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Rooy wrote: »

Have both also

My oven only gets used for pizzas

Fire a small chicken into this and it's done in an hour, small drop of water is all I add
    It won't beat a roast chicken for taste though imo

I cook all my curries in this :, butter chicken, Madras, chicken curry, casseroles, bacon and cabbage, lamb, beef etc

vargoo wrote: »
    I literally just bought a pressure cooker and the first line on this thing is "No more rattles and hisses"

Is this a better yoke?

It's silent once it reaches the right pressure (15mins or so)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ClaireM1

I just bought this! Can anyone recommend cooking accessories to cook two things in it at once like a curry and rice?

• Advertisement

I am expecting to get it next week.

Your dishes sounds yum. Any chance you get share some recipes or online link please?
    mailburner wrote: »
    Have both also

My oven only gets used for pizzas

Fire a small chicken into this and it's done in an hour, small drop of water is all I add
    It won't beat a roast chicken for taste though imo

I cook all my curries in this :, butter chicken, Madras, chicken curry, casseroles, bacon and cabbage, lamb, beef etc

Your dishes sounds yum. Any chance you get share some recipes or online link please?

I thought about doing that funny enough

Can't get to desktop til Monday, will post rest then but this is tops for me and anyone I've cooked it for

You don't need the coriander, I use cream sometimes but not necessary

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.chefdehome.com/recipes/597/restaurant-style-butter-chicken-in-slow-cooker/amp/

Thanks so much.

I am getting mine on Tuesday. So Tuesday night it's gonna be butter chicken :)

Can't get to desktop til Monday, will post rest then but this is tops for me and anyone I've cooked it for

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.chefdehome.com/recipes/597/restaurant-style-butter-chicken-in-slow-cooker/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

You don't need the coriander, I use cream sometimes but not necessary

Do you pressure or slow cook the above?

Just wondering about adjusting duration (if it's needed).

Had my eye on one of these for ages

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Do you pressure or slow cook the above?

Just wondering about adjusting duration (if it's needed).

Had my eye on one of these for ages

The only thing I pressure cook is the Chicken

You can check it anytime and it easy to adjust if slow cooking

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

I’m tempted by this offer ,only thing holding me back is I was waiting for the ultra model (couple of extra features) but no sign of it’s release for here

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Currently £69.99. Is that the 60% off price? I'm tempted as well. Was going to buy a George Foreman but might get better use out of this.

Original price is 170 pounds and currently on for 70 pounds.

dory wrote: »
    Currently £69.99. Is that the 60% off price? I'm tempted as well. Was going to buy a George Foreman but might get better use out of this.

Original price is 170 pounds and currently on for 70 pounds.

Thanks. Very tempted. I need to start cooking more than fish and potatoes!

Bought one! Came to €72 in the end. Amazon wanted €76 if I were to pay in Euro. Paying in Sterling with the N26 card saved a whole €4! Thanks for the tip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

Thanks op, I was in the market for one of these

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Best kitchen gadget I ever bought. I have 2 now - got the second on Prime Day at the same 69.99.

My favourite things to cook with this: Yogurt, Risotto, Curries, Gammon, Brisket, hard boiled eggs (shells just fall off), Chicken from frozen (when I've forgotten to take it out), thawing/reheating home cooked meals and, of course, spuds.

I also use it to prove bread and to make mulled wine. It makes fantastic cheesecakes too. So many uses ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Almost jumped on prime day. Very tempted now but as I'm almost always just cooking for one so not sure if I can justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Caranica wrote: »
    Almost jumped on prime day. Very tempted now but as I'm almost always just cooking for one so not sure if I can justify it.

If you have decent freezer space, cooking for one in an IP saves a fortune in both money and time. Also, the timer and Keep Warm function is great for having a hot meal ready to eat when you get home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Thanks. Picked one up there, remembered for once to use smile.amazon.co.uk to get a donation for my chosen charity. Small but every penny counts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Thanks OP, Just ordered one.

Great, you all are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've been thinking about one of these for a while now. I haven't been cooking properly since our daughter came into our lives- I just don't seem to have the time.

Does anyone have any links for recipes?

We will get more recipes in the coming week.

You can check this thread for butter chicken recipe.
    I've been thinking about one of these for a while now. I haven't been cooking properly since our daughter came into our lives- I just don't seem to have the time.

Does anyone have any links for recipes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

ClaireM1 wrote: »
    I just bought this! Can anyone recommend cooking accessories to cook two things in it at once like a curry and rice?

You'd not want to do that. White rice takes 3.5 mins to cook in the instant pot! Just cook it off when finished curry :)

Advertisement