Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2020

• 11-08-2019 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Anybody have any idea how to get tickets for Glastonbury 2020?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Soulsun wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea how to get tickets for Glastonbury 2020?

get all your mates to register, set up a crack team with all their codes ready to go..get them all and even mates who aren't going to try for tickets for you.. pray that the internet gods are on your side and that you get in..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe they'll have Glastonbury in Ireland next year. :D:D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

do you need to register for each potential ticket
    or can one registration apply for multiple tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

do you need to register for each potential ticket
    or can one registration apply for multiple tickets?

One reg can buy 6 tickets but anyone buying a ticket/getting a ticket bought for them needs to be registered. So basically anyone who wants to go, regardless of who is buying the tickets, needs to be registered.

However someone who isn't registered can buy tickets for you. They just need to enter the reg numbers of the people they're buying for. Hence why my old man will be up and online on Sunday at 9am first week of October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    get all your mates to register, set up a crack team with all their codes ready to go..get them all and even mates who aren't going to try for tickets for you.. pray that the internet gods are on your side and that you get in..

Stop giving away all our magic tips!!!!! (¬_¬)

The Nal wrote: »
    One reg can buy 6 tickets but anyone buying a ticket/getting a ticket bought for them needs to be registered. So basically anyone who wants to go, regardless of who is buying the tickets, needs to be registered.

However someone who isn't registered can buy tickets for you. They just need to enter the reg numbers of the people they're buying for. Hence why my old man will be up and online on Sunday at 9am first week of October.

Thanks for this!!!!

So first week Oct.

How much roughly for a ticket?

Thanks for this!!!!

So first week Oct.

How much roughly for a ticket?

All info here

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Id love to go back to glasto! But the scramble for tickets is really off putting

Id love to go back to glasto! But the scramble for tickets is really off putting

It only takes 20 minutes! Well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is this a serious post?

I hear that a lot from friends and family:
    "Oh, it looks like so much fun on TV. I'd love to go."
    "Well, you can register for next year. Take a selfie, send it in. then, when the tickets come around you try on a Thursday afternoon or Sunday morning to get the tickets. Get a couple of laptops, a few friends, a mobile etc and keep trying"
    "Oh, Sunday morning? Laptops and phones and organising friends? Oh, too much effort."

I've even had the "You're so lucky getting tickets. Can't you get them for me?"
    If it's too much effort to try at 9AM on a Sunday morning then I don't think 4 or 5 days camping is for you.....

Having said that, the ticket scrum is bad....

I’ve hopefully nailed down a spot with oxfam through a friend who works for them in London. My plan is to still try for a ticket and if successful I’ll give up my spot with oxfam. Not feeling lucky this year.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I've even had the "You're so lucky getting tickets. Can't you get them for me?"
    If it's too much effort to try at 9AM on a Sunday morning then I don't think 4 or 5 days camping is for you...

Glasto was different then. Some hippies would go just to walk around naked for a week. It was a rough and ready music festival rather than an instantgram experience. I bring old photos and wristbands to the ticketmaster kiosk for EP tickets, because its easier than the whole emailing codes, codes being wrong etc pallaver.

Is it too much effort to get onto a computer - no, problably not. But it is too much effort to organise a bunch of people to do the same with no guarantee of tickets. Especially when almost all other European festivals can be bought and planned for in a much more leisurley manner

Glasto was different then. Some hippies would go just to walk around naked for a week. It was a rough and ready music festival rather than an instantgram experience. I bring old photos and wristbands to the ticketmaster kiosk for EP tickets, because its easier than the whole emailing codes, codes being wrong etc pallaver.

Is it too much effort to get onto a computer - no, problably not. But it is too much effort to organise a bunch of people to do the same with no guarantee of tickets. Especially when almost all other European festivals can be bought and planned for in a much more leisurley manner

Well yeah, it certainly has changed. I've only been going for last 15 years of so and it had gotten more difficult and stressful to get tickets. But I don't want to put potential newbies off. Go for it but be prepared for the ticket scrum and, if you get tickets, the first Glasto is the toughest but so worth it. The biggest potential problem (s) I see for next year is the fact that it is 50th anniversary and will be huge line up and people coming out of woodwork trying to get tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Well yeah, it certainly has changed. I've only been going for last 15 years of so and it had gotten more difficult and stressful to get tickets. But I don't want to put potential newbies off. Go for it but be prepared for the ticket scrum and, if you get tickets, the first Glasto is the toughest but so worth it. The biggest potential problem (s) I see for next year is the fact that it is 50th anniversary and will be huge line up and people coming out of woodwork trying to get tickets

We hope the line up will be good. Im not convinced however. This year's was average - which for me at least was unexpected after the fallow year.

I’ve registered for myself and the misses for tickets.
    When are the likely to go on sale?
    Would you recommend the general sale ticket or the coach package ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Tickets will generally be on sale on the first Sunday in october if I'm not mistaken. Haven't been since 2011 I think. Parking both EP and ATN with the hope that I tickets for glasto. Also have the campervan now so gonna make a week of it

Tickets will generally be on sale on the first Sunday in october if I'm not mistaken. Haven't been since 2011 I think. Parking both EP and ATN with the hope that I tickets for glasto. Also have the campervan now so gonna make a week of it

Cheers
    Just reading there that you only pay the deposit of 50 per ticket and the balance next April.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

That's right, it's a no brainer really.... no major loss if u can't go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Alkers

We did this last year, drove Dublin - Rosslare, ferry to Fishgaurd / Pembroke and then drive to the festival site. Arrived 6am or so on the Wednesday and stayed until the Monday. Best way to do it by far!

Packed in the campervan option a few years ago. If you get put in one of the fields further away (E16, E17) its a 20-25 minutes walk to the gate which means you could be looking at a 45 minute walk to the Park. Cant beat a good tent and being within the gates for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Alkers

Packed in the campervan option a few years ago. If you get put in one of the fields further away (E16, E17) its a 20-25 minutes walk to the gate which means you could be looking at a 45 minute walk to the Park. Cant beat a good tent and being within the gates for me.

We went for campervans West and it was fine, all depends where within the arena you plan on spending the most time

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

If anyone’s going for tickets and don’t have a friends team, how about joining me on my attempt to grab some? I’ve been successful once out of four times trying (on my tod) - figure this year is a long shot, so why not throw numbers at the challenge?

If you’re interested in pooling registration numbers, PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Layne

alastair wrote: »
    If anyone’s going for tickets and don’t have a friends team, how about joining me on my attempt to grab some? I’ve been successful once out of four times trying (on my tod) - figure this year is a long shot, so why not throw numbers at the challenge?

If you’re interested in pooling registration numbers, PM me.

Alastair, you may need to free up space in your inbox, tried PMing you but would not send:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Alkers wrote: »
    We went for campervans West and it was fine, all depends where within the arena you plan on spending the most time

Any idea of a good place to hire a campervan over there ?
    Dont fancy camping myself so would like a bit of luxury but dont want to be paying through the nose for it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Layne wrote: »
    Alastair, you may need to free up space in your inbox, tried PMing you but would not send:(:(:(

done!

Zardoz wrote: »
    Any idea of a good place to hire a campervan over there ?
    Dont fancy camping myself so would like a bit of luxury but dont want to be paying through the nose for it either.

You will. Decent 6th berth will cost you well over a grand €. Did 4 or 5 festies in a van and always pricey.

Whats wrong with camping? Decent tent and you're sorted. Nearer all the fun too.

But if you're going to, easiest is probably flying into Bristol and getting to Taunton Motorhomes or Southwest Motorhomes. Have rented from them before. You would need to book now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

For me i wouldnt be able to do 5 nights in a tent and i would put up with a long walk knowing there's a bed to sleep in and a shower the next morning.

• Advertisement

If I was 40+ id definitely be in a campervan.

Advertisement