Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipknot - 3Arena - January 14th

• 22-08-2019 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Didn't see a thread for this. Date announced for Slipknot's next tour. Behemoth supporting all dates.

Wonder how much they will be. Last time they were here was more expensive than usual metal gigs from what I remember.

Hopefully less than €70, they're all getting expensive these days.

Enjoyed it last time but wasn't a big fan of the previous album. New album seems good from what I've listened to so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

DaveyDave wrote: »
    New album seems good from what I've listened to so far.
    And p1ssing that yoke Simon Cowell off in the process of its success. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Pity they only managed to get behemoth from the us leg and not gojira, they’d have been an amazing opening act.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

They're fairly resurgent with this new line up, aren't they? Huge new album and live shows that are getting plaudits for their intensity. Saw them and Behemoth at Download a few weeks back, and I have no hesitation picking up a ticket come Friday.

Behemoth are excellent live. That rare breed of black metal journeymen who put in the years and are now doing arena shows. And they pissed off all the right people with their last gig in Limerick.

Last time Slipknot played here with Korn they kicked the hole off it as well. Mental Wednesday night crowd.

Good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Pity they only managed to get behemoth from the us leg and not gojira, they’d have been an amazing opening act.

Yeah for me Gojira much better than other two. Hopefully they'll be over on their own next year anyway. And the Behemoth gig in vicar St was too choreographed for me :)

Really enjoyed last slipknot gig here, must give the new album a listen

Behemoth are excellent live. That rare breed of black metal journeymen who put in the years and are now doing arena shows. And they pissed off all the right people with their last gig in Limerick.
    !

Who did they piss off?

Wasn't at it, the setting looked amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

On sale same day as new Tool album, cool

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Who did they piss off?

Wasn't at it, the setting looked amazing!
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/irish-councillor-calls-for-behemoth-to-be-banned-from-performing-in-limerick-satanism-is-associated-with-evil/

This big eejit.

Yeah it was class! I assume they'll have the same setup at Slipknot as they're a name support act and it's quite a simple setup for the most part (I.E. it was up in 20 minutes at Download during the band switchovers).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The gig next year will be exactly 5 years since they last played Dublin in January 2015.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/irish-councillor-calls-for-behemoth-to-be-banned-from-performing-in-limerick-satanism-is-associated-with-evil/

This big eejit.

Yeah it was class! I assume they'll have the same setup at Slipknot as they're a name support act and it's quite a simple setup for the most part (I.E. it was up in 20 minutes at Download during the band switchovers).

Ha I meant the setting, the Castle!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I am not a fan and know nothing about their music,but their drummer Jay Weinberg is a familiar name to me.He is son of Max Weinberg,the famous drummer with Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band and played with Bruce and the band some years ago when Max was contracted on Conan O'Brien's TV show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Pre sale codes up on the 3plus app. Presale starts the 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

I am not a fan and know nothing about their music,but their drummer Jay Weinberg is a familiar name to me.He is son of Max Weinberg,the famous drummer with Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band and played with Bruce and the band some years ago when Max was contracted on Conan Brown's TV show.
    O’Brien maybe? ðŸ

Guessing this will sell very well? Will it sell out fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Degag wrote: »
    O’Brien maybe? ðŸ

Guessing this will sell very well? Will it sell out fast?

You are correct,It is O'Brien.I should pay more attention to the predictive text

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭thebourke

first saw these guys at dynamo festival in 2000 in holland..going again..new song is so catchy..unsainted

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Tickets from €62 according to Ticketmaster. Not bad for both behemoth and Slipknot together imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

peekachoo wrote: »
    Tickets from €62 according to Ticketmaster. Not bad for both behemoth and Slipknot together imo.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

peekachoo wrote: »

Nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I think London would be handier to go to as I live in the Ulster countryside as I previously mentioned which doesn't have good public transport links to the Pale. I do enjoy visiting London even though I am anti London rule, I try to stay in a different area every time I go, last time was Brixton,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

I think London would be handier to go to as I live in the Ulster countryside as I previously mentioned which doesn't have good public transport links to the Pale. I do enjoy visiting London even though I am anti London rule, I try to stay in a different area every time I go, last time was Brixton,

Couldn’t think of a worse place to go see a gig tbh surely you could go somewhere else on the tour that’s infinitely cheeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

thebourke wrote: »
    first saw these guys at dynamo festival in 2000 in holland..going again..new song is so catchy..unsainted

I started going to Dynamo in 95 and missed my first one in 2000, that was when it went back to 1 day right and Maiden headlined?

Dynamo was the best festival experience i've ever been to, IMO it's the blueprint that the likes of Wacken/Hellfest followed.

May go over next year as it's back to being a 2 dayer.

So many crazy moments there, was something like 110k people watching Nailbomb on a Saturday afternoon in 95!!!

Funniest ever moment was in 99 i think, we were camping as normal and woke up around 10 am and had the bbq breakfast on. About 100 yards from us in the campsite was a bungee jump, these crazy germans carried there mate up to it, he was unconscoius from previous days shenanigans, they paid for him to go on plus a bit extra for the guy to throw water over him then chuck him off. The scream as he was falling was immense. Just couldn't do that shit
    nowadays.

Walking into campsite and just tent after tent had signs ....'weed for sale'

Event t-shirts worked out the equivalent of 8quid (i was from wales)

Mad days indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I've 2 presale codes if anyone wants them

** Gone **

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    I've 2 presale codes if anyone wants them

I wouldn't mind one if you have one spare :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

If you still have one i'll take it thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

If anyone has a presale code they do not want, I would take one also...

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Presale link not working for me......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Greg81

DylanB85 wrote: »
    Presale link not working for me......

3.ie/m1ijo?u=U937EK

2 Tickets secured.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Legend, thank you! ****ing 3 nearly screwed me over....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Thanks for the link, bagged 3. That's myself, the young fella and my brother's Christmas prezzie sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Picked up two, bringing my nephew as he is a huge fan, plus I've never seen em. Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

standing presale sold out

Advertisement