Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bombshell (Fox News Scandal)

• 21-08-2019 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭

Starring Charlize Theron as Megyn Kelly, Nicole Kidman as Gretchen Carlson, Margot Robbie as Kayla Pospisil, and John Lithgow as Roger Ailes.
    Based on the real scandal, BOMBSHELL is a revealing look inside the most powerful and controversial media empire of all time; Fox News, and the explosive story of the women who brought down the infamous man who created it.

The teaser trailer is well done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

thats Charlize Theron they've done something to do her (just like in the Loudest Voice TV series)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

thats Charlize Theron they've done something to do her (just like in the Loudest Voice TV series)

Uncanny

AAG8cmC.img?h=533&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=460&y=227

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,719 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Maybe I just haven't woken up properly yet, but I don't "get" that trailer. What's supposed to be going on?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Serious cast in fairness and there is something tense about the teaser but is it that big of a story to get a film?
    CEO sexually harasses women during is time, A lady names him, he resigns and gets a $40m pay out then goes onto help Trump become preseident
    ...... Not exactly up there with Spotlight is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ziedth wrote: »
    Serious cast in fairness and there is something tense about the teaser but is it that big of a story to get a film?
    CEO sexually harasses women during is time, A lady names him, he resigns and gets a $40m pay out then goes onto help Trump become preseident
    ...... Not exactly up there with Spotlight is it?

Showtime's recent mini series The Loudest Voice covered same story

Harvey Weinstein film next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Was thinking as much, the Russell Crowe effort seems more promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New trailer. Gives a better look at the story.
    John Lithgow's makeup is phenomenal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Looks great. I can see the awards season liking it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,746 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Saw this today in the lighthouse.
    It's decent, but not spectacular, seemed like the big Short was a bit of an influence.
    Charlize Theron looks scarily like Megyn Kelly (bizarrely I thought she sounded like Romy from Romy and Michelle's highschool reunion) Nicole Kidman less so.
    I actually thought the standout was Margot Robbie, she is a really excellent actress and can do a lot with pretty little. Some of the other actors were excellent (Janney was excellent in small part) some less so, the digital work for Bill O Reilly was distractingly crap. Overall a decent film, not getting the Oscar buzz entirely for Theron, but I would agree with Robbie getting a nom.
    7/10
    Worth a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

Having watched the Loudest Voice, was familar with most of the main story beats.

TLV focuses on Gretchen Carlson, who has a more interesting story in terms of the action she took. That's covered in this, but not to the same extent as Megyn Kelly, who probably had a higher profile over here as a result of the Trump story (again covered here)

I much prefered TLV than this, as it had a much clearer idea of the story it wanted to tell.

The performances (and makeup) in this is very good, but I think they could have told the story well. Having said that, the Margot Robbie character was very well done and quite impactful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,562 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I really enjoyed this. Albeit an unpleasant and difficult subject matter, but superb acting from so many.

Charlize Theron nailed (especially the voice of) Megyn Kelly, and although it's not the be all and end all in an acting career, it is such a pity she's not winning awards for this.

Likewise Margot Robbie.
    More deserved of awards than Laura Dern for Marriage Story, surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,790 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Likewise Margot Robbie.
    More deserved of awards than Laura Dern for Marriage Story, surely.

Inconceivable !!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,790 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

watched this over the weekend. Really enjoyed it !! charlize theron was barley recognisable , some job with the makeup.

Advertisement