Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's a 1989 Granada worth?

• 10-08-2019 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been given very sketchy details on a 1989 Granada coming up for sale shortly.

1. Brought in from the UK in the 90's by it's original owner and has lived here since.

2. Parked in a dry garage since 2006. Owner would have been into his cars so it's expected that it was stored properly and in good condition.

3. Condition relatively good and mileage relatively low.

4. No idea of spec but it's probably a 2.0 petrol and not a Ghia. No idea if it's manual or auto. Paint apparently is in good to very good condition.

I'm guessing it would need a full fluid change, brake hoses? new tyres etc to pass the NCT.

I know there is a lot of unknowns but any idea what it might be worth as is?

Anything in particular to look out for? Would it be mad to be even thinking about it? Would be a daily driver for the old man who does small mileage and wouldn't be mad about taking on any major work. He likes the idea of cheap tax and ins

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

To get the cheaper insurance, usually you have to have a daily driver insured already.

To insure a 30 year old car as your main car would be more expensive or else refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

It would be his second car so he shouldn't have an issue there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

bread and butter model in unknown condition needing re-commissioning , won't be worth much more than a grand I'd have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Isambard wrote: »
    bread and butter model in unknown condition needing re-commissioning , won't be worth much more than a grand I'd have thought.

Yes its a bread and butter 2 Litre manual. Deal done for €900 so he is happy. It needs a small bit of work but nothing major. Another €500 should see it in really good condition, a few paint touch ups by a panel beater and a new speedometer cable as well as a good valet and service. Everything else is really sound apparently. Only issue I'd have is it has steel wheels. I'll try to source a set of period correct alloys which would really lift the car. Other than that it looks like it is a sound low mileage example with only one previous owner.

photos would be great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

About a Grand-ada?

I'm sorry, I just had to.

Boradriver wrote: »
    About a Grand-ada?

That's funny....did your Grandad tell you it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Boradriver wrote: »
    About a Grand-ada?

Can he aFord it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

begbysback wrote: »
    Can he aFord it?

He'll have to Focus a bit more on his finances.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Tae laidir

veetwin wrote: »
    Yes its a bread and butter 2 Litre manual......Only issue I'd have is it has steel wheels. I'll try to source a set of period correct alloys which would really lift the car.

I LOVE steel wheels on bread and butter car! Just powder coat them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement