Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bergara Premier series of rifles

• 20-08-2019 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anybody have any experience or comment about the Bergara Premier rifles. They're being marketed as "as near to custom build quality as you can get without going custom" (paraphrasing). Are they really that good?

link

Thanks,
    Al.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Never shot one but i remember when Bergara barrels first came on the market here and every RFD/Gunsmith i spoke to told me they wouldn't use them unless some lad wanted a new barrel on a small budget.

Don't know if it was their reputation or the fact they were new on the market, but they were being bought in for €250 per barrel so it didn't take long for the same guys to start using them when the client did not specify a make for the rifle they were getting done.

The prices today are a little higher than when the rifles first started to come out, but as every firearm seems to have gone up i suppose that was to be expected.

They seem to have a good selection of models and calibers not to mention the prices for most models are in line with Remington, and cheaper than a lot of other centrefire options such as Tikka, Sauer, and especially the higher end stuff Blaser, etc.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Ive shot quite a few of them zeroing them for customers etc.. they were pretty good especially for the money. A little heavy but again for the money they had alot of features. The quality is ok about the same as any other modern budget rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭eoin.d

juice1304 wrote: »
    Ive shot quite a few of them zeroing them for customers etc.. they were pretty good especially for the money. A little heavy but again for the money they had alot of features. The quality is ok about the same as any other modern budget rifle.

How would they compare to a tikka? I was looking into the BMP model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭alanmc

They're not sounding too "premier" if I'm reading your replies correctly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'm not knocking them as i've never owned nor shot one. I've only ever known the brand as cheap, but functional.

However i'd cede to juice's knowledge on this.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

Shot a friend’s Bergara HMR 6.5 creedmore @1km first day it came out of the box. Under MOA on a windy enough day.

He was shooting it against his own fully custom tikka action and custom barreled.243 yesterday in Bisley and said there was nothing between them @900m.

That’s the basic bergara I’d drop a jewel trigger into it or some other after market

I’d imagine the premier would need little done to it

Advertisement