Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

US shipping address?

• 25-07-2019 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hi,
    Is there a parcel motel like company in the US that I can purchase a few bits - like maybe magazines, trigger kits?
    Then they send it here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

An Post have a service as detailed in link below. Not sure how it would work with firearm parts so you would need to research that.

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/?gclid=CjwKCAjwpuXpBRAAEiwAyRRPgYI3PBiZSs6eA3wC3KgURQv8hhbbIbcrxv2MTxszV5TjbU0MltWoIxoCQRwQAvD_BwE

Also https://www.brownells.ie/ source parts from USA I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

Hi,
    I’ve used the an Post thing - but have seen on boards.ie that they will not transfer any gun parts. (Sent them back to the vendor in the US?
    When I used them it was for a holster, they still would not ship on until I sent them a copy of the invoice (because there was no paper work on the contents with the package - just the package (now that’s fair enough as they have to make a customs declaration etc...)
    Also - it was not cheap. I had to pay the fee for it - fair enough, but I seem to remember I was also caught for the import vat and the an post fee for collecting the vat....:-(
    I’ve messaged B.ie but no answer yet, but will give him a prompt again as he usually does answer....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

Sorry, but couldn't resist, but this is the first thing that came to my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmeVwYojB-s

I wonder is brownells UK an option via parcel motel. I think they get deliveries at least weekly from USA.

Try to get onto Brownells.co.uk....
    their site recognises where your located and redirects yo ireland...:-(

• Advertisement

Not for me. Using Chrome on iPhone

https://www.brownells.co.uk/

LOL -works for me through Chrome as well...never use chrome(will again now though).

Only thing is - one of the item i want is dearer on the uk site than the Irish site lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    I wonder is brownells UK an option via parcel motel. I think they get deliveries at least weekly from USA.

NOPE!! Neither is Brownells.DE,IT,RU and anywhere else. They will all refer you back to ,SNIP> or dont have the IRL in their drop down boxes. We are effectively caught with a Brownells monopoly in Ireland.Only way you could beat it is sometimes Brownells .de sell offf end of line stuff on Egun,and you buy via Egun,and they will ship it from the Egun sale to Ireland.
    And no,like everywhere else,they get a monthly shipment from the USA.

Yes there are plenty of US versions of parcel motel,just google it.But they WILL NOT ship gun parts.You can thank the UN ,the Clintons and Obama and ITAR regulations for this mess.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Not for me. Using Chrome on iPhone

https://www.brownells.co.uk/

OH ...the utter irony of stuff like THIS being for sale in the UK :P:rolleyes:
    About as much use to a UK shooter as a screen door on a submarine.[Dear too!]

https://www.brownells.co.uk/Rifle-Parts/Gas-System-Parts/Gas-Piston-Conversion-Kits

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

NOPE!! Neither is Brownells.DE,IT,RU and anywhere else. They will all refer you back to <SNIP> ,or dont have the IRL in their drop down boxes. We are effectively caught with a Brownells monopoly in Ireland.Only way you could beat it is sometimes Brownells .de sell offf end of line stuff on Egun,and you buy via Egun,and they will ship it from the Egun sale to Ireland.
    And no,like everywhere else,they get a monthly shipment from the USA.

Yes there are plenty of US versions of parcel motel,just google it.But they WILL NOT ship gun parts.You can thank the UN ,the Clintons and Obama and ITAR regulations for this mess.

Is that because NI is considered <SNIP>?

If so have about using AddressPal for delivery to England address?

• Advertisement

Is that because NI is considered <SNIP>?

If so have about using AddressPal for delivery to England address?

Ok, listen up..Brownells USA .WILL NOT SHIP to any addresses outside CONUS anymore!!End of!!
    That is the reason they set up franchises globally.
    You cant even access their website in the US anymore from a non US ISP address.[Unless you use TOR or the like].Even if you do they WILL NOT SHIP TO YOU DIRECTLY!
    Forget address pals and trying to wrangle sending it to the UK and all this.You wont gain a single bit of an advantage,and the Brits being totally anal about firearms and the like will either [a] Kick the parcel back to the USA,as contraband being deliverd to a UK address Inform AGS that they had some sort of firearms components parts being deliverd to Mr Muggins in Ireland,and is a a Provo or sumthin? Might want to check im out there lads?"[c] Keep the parcel as "evidence" and inform AGS [d] All of the above.:(
    Your choices are;
    Live in IRL order from the IRL site, live in the EU or UK order from those websites closest to you,or occasionally luck in and buy off Egun.

Your only other choice is to get Brownells USA to deliver to a US address, [if you figure out some way of ordering it online in the 1st place ]and then declare the stuff for export,and repack and ship USPS or whoever Hope you re up on ITAR regulations if you go that route.:o And you are not saving a hell of alot either by then.

We really are goosed with the situation and Brownells and Cabelas these here.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Hmmm, wonder if this might be a viable business opportunity?

how many would be interested in needing items forwarded from the States

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Limerick Sovereigns

What about www.myus.com ?

Hmmm, wonder if this might be a viable business opportunity?

how many would be interested in needing items forwarded from the States

Sure ,if you handle the export paperwork with the state dept,ITAR,the transport
    and shipping company,and US customs,we can give you plenty of busisness.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Shipito?

Forget it!!! NONE of these US shipping companies will ship you gun parts or other "contraband".The reason they survive and are in busisness,is because they CHECK for this stuff of all types.Otherwise it would be a drug dealers and black market answer to their prayers.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Sure ,if you handle the export paperwork with the state dept,ITAR,the transport
    and shipping company,and US customs,we can give you plenty of busisness.:)

i have never looked into exporting before but it looks like a mess.

ITAR relies on the USML heavily and almost everything on that list is military grade and common sense would tell you its not to be exported, but the way they have worded most of these items is a catch all for "everything"

Line 10, PPE... hell, that could be translated into ear protection or steel toe boots, commonly used in any manufacturing enviornment

Line 13, this is my favorite, WTF, thats a catch all for anything under the sun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Munitions_List

if i was living in Ireland id just pickup a few magazines when im in the states, disassemble them and put em in my checked baggage

• Registered Users Posts: 35 kpd1982

Can I ask something similar, if I was on holiday in the US and bought myself a scope, is there any issue bringing it home?
    I know people buy all sorts of things on holidays from clothing to electronics to binoculars and have brought them home without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

kpd1982 wrote: »
    Can I ask something similar, if I was on holiday in the US and bought myself a scope, is there any issue bringing it home?
    I know people buy all sorts of things on holidays from clothing to electronics to binoculars and have brought them home without issue.

It depends on the scope. But technically and legally no because 99.9999% fall under ITAR laws and require an export license. Thats not to say that everyone dosent do it because they do. But if they decided to confiscate it or prosecute you youd have 0 comeback. And as its a felony you would never be able to return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 kpd1982

juice1304 wrote: »
    It depends on the scope. But technically and legally no because 99.9999% fall under ITAR laws and require an export license. Thats not to say that everyone dosent do it because they do. But if they decided to confiscate it or prosecute you youd have 0 comeback. And as its a felony you would never be able to return.

I was looking at a Vortex Viper PST Gen II, way cheaper over there but not even going to try it considering what you have said.

kpd1982 wrote: »
    I was looking at a Vortex Viper PST Gen II, way cheaper over there but not even going to try it considering what you have said.

I bought mine from a crowd in Texas online [wwww.webyshops.com] a couple of years ago,and they shipped to Ireland no bother,You just filled in a end user decleration and emailed it back to them.Took from chosing the scope to getting it in the door here ,a week. Ireland is one of the places the US can sell to,so long as you ask nicely and fill in an end user decerlation

They handled the end user decerlation.Which was simply saying ,you were not going to sell it onto any lads in cammo jackets,beards and turbans who say "Aloha snackbar" alot. And if you did sell it onto anyone else here,you must make them aware too that it is naughty to sell it to the aforementioned lads!
    Otherwise you might fid a bunch of irate American gentlemen in suits and buzz cuts and sunglasses at your door with the Gardai in tow to ask why you did so,when you were told not to do so?

I have posted numerous times the page from webuy shops here on how to do it,as this topic comes up pretty often at least once a year.So it is here in the threads if you want to search for it.

Advertisement