Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 litre Beer Keg

• 11-08-2019 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Any idea where I can find these, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

They're quite hard to find here. I have ordered online before from Germany.
    e.g. http://bier-wein.de/5-litre-kegs

They ship to Ireland, and you can order up to 5 at a time (25 litres of beer :eek:). I haven't ordered them in a while though.
    Be weary, Im not sure of the legalities surrounding ordering beer online from another EU state, so theres a risk they could get seized by revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

slayerking wrote: »
    They're quite hard to find here. I have ordered online before from Germany.
    e.g. http://bier-wein.de/5-litre-kegs

They ship to Ireland, and you can order up to 5 at a time (25 litres of beer :eek:). I haven't ordered them in a while though.
    Be weary, Im not sure of the legalities surrounding ordering beer online from another EU state, so theres a risk they could get seized by revenue.

If someone was to buy some of those kegs, what kind of equipment would they need in order to pour the beer?

The 5L of Paulaner and the 6L Perfectdraft of Franziskaner look great.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Just a fridge. The tap is built in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

OP do you mean a keg to put your own beer in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

BeerNut wrote: »
    Just a fridge. The tap is built in.

Tempting to give one a try...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

If someone was to buy some of those kegs, what kind of equipment would they need in order to pour the beer?

As BN said, they have a built in tap on them (the 5L ones). Theres also beer taps you can buy on various websites (e.g. amazon) specifically for chilling them and keeping them under CO2 via little CO2 cartridges.
    I also have an adaptor for them so I can tap the kegs up to a proper beer tap and CO2 reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I've one very similar to this that I bought abroad:

q?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=B0044WWC7O&Format=_SL250_&ID=AsinImage&MarketPlace=US&ServiceVersion=20070822&WS=1&tag=minikeg05-20

But I can't get the Heineken Kegs to use it with. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,067 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Old thread just thought I'd add to it, just bought 5 x 5L kegs of Pauliner for €80 delivered from the German site linked to above. I'll let you know how long it takes DHL.
    About €1.80 a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

Same as ordered some last week from same German site aswel ,4 paulaner and 1 Cider , waiting for email to say it's shipped

Old thread just thought I'd add to it, just bought 5 x 5L kegs of Pauliner for €80 delivered from the German site linked to above. I'll let you know how long it takes DHL.
    About €1.80 a pint.

Hi drunk monkey,,just wondering did u get any details of delivery from bierw wein,I ordered last week and got no dispatch email ,tried to send them an email but no reply yet

• Advertisement

Didn't hear a world since I ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Do you have a beer dispenser or do you use the the tap on the front of the keg?

How long does a keg last , once opened?
    Would it be flat on the 3rd evening, say?

I'm looking at the BierMaxx system, but would it be really needed?

(sorry for all the questions)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

The Mulk wrote: »
    Do you have a beer dispenser or do you use the the tap on the front of the keg?

How long does a keg last , once opened?
    Would it be flat on the 3rd evening, say?

I'm looking at the BierMaxx system, but would it be really needed?

(sorry for all the questions)

I have a similar system for my honebrew, the fact that with that system there is co2 entering the keg as the beer is coming out it keeps it fresh and fizzy for longer than just using the tap in the front of those kegs

the biermaxx has a type of tube that you stick into the top if the kegs and then dispense out the tap

they are also cooling untis meaning you don't need to keep moving the keg from the fridge to dispense.

reaper180 wrote: »
    Hi drunk monkey,,just wondering did u get any details of delivery from bierw wein,I ordered last week and got no dispatch email ,tried to send them an email but no reply yet

Got no dispatch email but just logged into account and says shipped with DHL yesterday in order details.

I have a similar system for my honebrew, the fact that with that system there is co2 entering the keg as the beer is coming out it keeps it fresh and fizzy for longer than just using the tap in the front of those kegs

the biermaxx has a type of tube that you stick into the top if the kegs and then dispense out the tap

they are also cooling untis meaning you don't need to keep moving the keg from the fridge to dispense.

Thanks for that, I remember drinking Tennents keg years ago, and they went dead quite quickly.
    I might splash out on the system, what is the name of the system you have, or is it a self made system?

Got no dispatch email but just logged into account and says shipped with DHL yesterday in order details.
    Cheers,I didn't set up account checked out as guest!but ordered last Thursday thought I'd have for weekend probably be next week

Hopefully customs & excise don't mind : )

Anyone know what's the legalities.....DHL chap will be cursing no doubt.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Anyone know what's the legalities
    It's very unlikely that they're paying Irish taxes so it's probably illegal and may be stopped by Revenue.

Hopefully customs & excise don't mind : )

Anyone know what's the legalities.....DHL chap will be cursing no doubt.
    If u don't mind letting us know if and when it's delivered,cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

The Mulk wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I remember drinking Tennents keg years ago, and they went dead quite quickly.
    I might splash out on the system, what is the name of the system you have, or is it a self made system?

this is the exact one I have, bough in March, took a week for delivery.

I was given a second hand one a few years ago but I messed up with a part and it broke totally my fault. I've started brewing again and I brew enough for one minikeg and a few bottles maybe 8 or 9 litre batches,

• Advertisement

reaper180 wrote: »
    If u don't mind letting us know if and when it's delivered,cheers

Will do looks like anpost have it since Friday but never got an irish tracking number yet. Hopefully it appears shortly.

this is the exact one I have, bough in March, took a week for delivery.

I was given a second hand one a few years ago but I messed up with a part and it broke totally my fault. I've started brewing again and I brew enough for one minikeg and a few bottles maybe 8 or 9 litre batches,

Nice one, I might put an order in for some kegs first, see how that gets on then look at ordering the cooler.
    If i have a few kegs handy it might get me back into homebrewing ;)

Showing as in my local post office sorting office this morning...today could be the day...

Showing as in my local post office sorting office this morning...today could be the day...

Mine just arrived to my home aswel in the last 10 mins, happy days,gonna be a nice weekend now

Ah you lucky fecker. Mines gone to the wrong sorting office...postman is gonna check to see did it arrive when he's dropping back the van..no doubt he wants a pint for his trouble : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Ah you lucky fecker. Mines gone to the wrong sorting office...postman is gonna check to see did it arrive when he's dropping back the van..no doubt he wants a pint for his trouble : )

Sobermonkey!!

Sobermonkey!!

Posty will come good, it was like a missing child this morning..he's on the case...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭swardy1

How long did it take since placing the order? Placed an order last week and still no confirmation of despatch.

swardy1 wrote: »
    How long did it take since placing the order? Placed an order last week and still no confirmation of despatch.

15 days for me,I got no order dispatch ,didn't register so couldn't track order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Rascals, based in Dublin, were doing 5l mini kegs this week. Sold out but I’d imagine they’ll have them back in stock soon

https://rascalsbrewing.com/product-category/beer/

Advertisement