Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What sort or people listen to WLRFM

• 13-08-2019 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

The amount of inane stupid opinions expressed there is incredible. People not wanting to relax drug laws and whinging about cannabis the other day. Then today a woman said Waterford Walls looked "cheap" and it "ghetto-ised"

I'm tired of listening to crap opinions. How do people even listen to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Many texts coming in from people saying it looks tacky and cheap. This is why we can't have nice things.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You've listened to live line right?
    Just because the views expressed on such radio shows appear to outweigh other views doesn't for a second mean they represent a majority of the country/county.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Empty cans and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Some people don't even get what Waterford Walls is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I don't mind WLR FM but I'm not able for the ads, they're just so jam packed full of fake positivity that I have to turn off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

You'd swear 'GAZ WOZ ERE 2K15' was smeared all over the place. Waterford Walls was a fantastic addition to the city. Brought a bit of life back into it. It was a grim place to be not too long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

old, conservative people, obviously enough. Local radio is utterly ****e across Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Muttley79

‘Local’ radio that advertises day out shopping trips to cork city with dublin bus,meanwhile our own city is on its knees,advertises cork airport and has sponsorship with their new blaster castor on the road,advertises some German kitchens every second minute.they keep it ‘local’ indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭aziz

Muttley79 wrote: »
    ‘Local’ radio that advertises day out shopping trips to cork city with dublin bus,meanwhile our own city is on its knees,advertises cork airport and has sponsorship with their new blaster castor on the road,advertises some German kitchens every second minute.they keep it ‘local’ indeed

Yeah, love the "KK" Reg on the new mobile unit 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

The amount of inane stupid opinions expressed there is incredible. People not wanting to relax drug laws and whinging about cannabis the other day. Then today a woman said Waterford Walls looked "cheap" and it "ghetto-ised"

Have you seen some of inane stupid whinging comments on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Firstly, I sometimes listen to WLR, usually in the car in the evening. I like The Shift, and green scene.

Secondly, to the op, it's more a question of who goes on talk radio in general, rather than just a WLR thing.

Thirdly, here you are talking about the content of that talk radio, so I guess it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

There's a button on there for up and down to change what your listening to you do know that right??

There's a button on there for up and down to change what your listening to you do know that right??

Very sarcastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Very sarcastic.

He's right though

Very sarcastic.

I agree with ye but that's the same with TV some of the complete ballcocks on TV make me wanna stick needles in my eyes but i don't i just change the channel, love island??? shudda just named it Ridin Island cos id hazard a guess its not about love its complete tosh, my opinion, opinions are subjective but the easiest thing to do is change channel, those types of radio shows are outlets for whingers so naturally enough your gonna get whingers tuning in listening and txting in and all the others just ignore it so its bias and one sided

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Flow Motion

Tis a local station for local people. As another post alluded to : dont like? turn the dial!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Dont ever tune into Lifeline or Ciara Kelly on Newstalk. Some whingers on there.

The death notices are quite popular though. My mothers turns the radio up full blast when they come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Well maybe we dont want to hear your crap opinions!!!

WLR FM provides a great source of news and entertainment for the people of Waterford and surrounding areas, plus a lot of great people work there too.

If you have a problem with that just switch the dial (I wouldn't recommend it - Andy Mac is mid way through another great lunchtime show)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

AAAAAAAAA wrote: »
    YOUNG and old conservative people, obviously enough. Local radio is utterly ****e across Ireland.

I fixed that for ye!

Well maybe we dont want to hear your crap opinions!!!

WLR FM provides a great source of news and entertainment for the people of Waterford and surrounding areas, plus a lot of great people work there too.

If you have a problem with that just switch the dial (I wouldn't recommend it - Andy Mac is mid way through another great lunchtime show)

Great source entertainment for everyone of 65 and inert to totally change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Didnt know Andy Mac had changed to WLR, must say I do miss him on Beat

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Muttley79

Snorlaxx wrote: »
    Didnt know Andy Mac had changed to WLR, must say I do miss him on Beat

I think it's a trial run for him,here's a little secret but one of the afternoon presenters has handed in their notice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I think it's a trial run for him,here's a little secret but one of the afternoon presenters has handed in their notice

One of the presenters on WLR or Beat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Moving or retiring? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

I can only pray that it's the drive time show on WLR that will be Andy's new slot!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BlueFox90

I think the Drive time show is about the best of the shows on WLR. I imagine its hard to please everyone in local radio. Balance between content for your older listeners while still trying to attract new ones. Overall I think WLR does well with the budget and resources they have

There's a one on Beat she does the news sport and entertainment bits, by jaysus she makes some clangers when shes reading the news, cant for the life of her get names right, I rang in to tell her one time how to pronounce a certain football team ha ha don't know if shes still on there cos couldn't listen to it anymore due to this

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Christ on a bike, we thought it was only us that noticed haha. At one stage we placed bets on how many mistakes there would b in a broadcast

Snorlaxx wrote: »
    Christ on a bike, we thought it was only us that noticed haha. At one stage we placed bets on how many mistakes there would b in a broadcast

Thank God someone else noticed it, I actually rang in one time and it was the one that was on the air that answered the phone, I was like sorry but your making some howlers with the names the way you pronounce things, she was like ok thanks, Capital City Names Football Teams names she just couldn't do it ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

The WLR job is being advertised.

Advertisement