Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 2 transfer thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Bank

Aib??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Tempted by Brighton...Either Gross or take a punt on Maupay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Similar to others - if Kane doesn't look like rising, I might bring Auba in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

martial & jota or mcginn & rashford lads? learning towards the first as i'm sure jota will outscore mcginn and rashford shouldn't be too far away from martial points wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

darego wrote: »
    martial & jota or mcginn & rashford lads? learning towards the first as i'm sure jota will outscore mcginn and rashford shouldn't be too far away from martial points wise?

Wildcard ? Free hit ?
    Or minus 4
    Pretty important info .........

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Wildcard ? Free hit ?
    Or minus 4
    Pretty important info .........

wildcard. just back from holiday so forgot all about ff and my draft i had from 1 month ago is now my team :pac: so had to hit the wildcard unfortunately

this is what i have so far:

ff.png

de bruyne will be changed for Son when he is back most likely. i fancy pepe and auba to be big for arsenal this season. weak defence but i missed the price rise on martial which leaves me .1 short of upgrading lundstram to a 4.5. any opinions on the above team mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

There's every chance none of those 4.0 are playing by next weekend, Besic will replace Lundstarm I'd say and Kelly and Rico will be out as well

There's every chance none of those 4.0 are playing by next weekend, Besic will replace Lundstarm I'd say and Kelly and Rico will be out as well

cheers, any recommendations for 4.5 defenders then?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

wildcard. just back from holiday so forgot all about ff and my draft i had from 1 month ago is now my team :pac: so had to hit the wildcard unfortunately

ff.png

de bruyne will be changed for Son when he is back most likely. i fancy pepe and auba to be big for arsenal this season. weak defence but i missed the price rise on martial which leaves me .1 short of upgrading lundstram to a 4.5. any opinions on the above team mate?

Jesus no
    4 of the back 5 could lose their spots
    No sterling or salah. You will need at least one of those ......
    And even after all that you still have a 4.5 ml midfielder
    Start again would be my advice

• Registered Users Posts: 37,505 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ff.png

You need Sterlng and Salah imo. Aguero is not certain to start so drop him, drop Jota and after you get Sterling and Salah use up what's left for strikers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

ff.png

You are taking quite a few gambles with the team, some of which may result in needing to take points hits to fix.

Pepe might be great for arsenal.... when he gets settled, in my opinion might not be this week, arsenal play Liverpool soon, so he may not get points in that game.

Why change de bruyne? He is likely to be a regular starter and will be involved if he stays fit.
    , similar for Aguero, when he gets going definitely worth having him, but at what cost... the rest of your team suffers.

Nothing wrong with getting son into your team when he is back, but also look at the fixtures teams have for the next 3-4-5 game weeks, see how you might need to switch players out because they might have a run against a few top teams etc.

My advice is to pick one decent striker, at least 2 decent midfielders, if you can get them get more, and aim for defenders who are points magnets, like vvd, awb, Harry maguire, attacking defenders from teams are more than likely to get An assist as well as clean sheet points, Trent Alexander Arnold, Robertson, etc.

Look at teams that are hopeful of European qualification, Everton,wolves, etc look at teams who are always facing relegation,
    Look at teams who are playing in Europe this season (squads will be used) which means rotation of players, which means sometimes you may not have a player getting points or the team may loose because of tiredness from European adventure.

There’s a lot to consider.... other factors, who takes free kicks, penalties, corners ... do the defenders normally go up , etc.

Good luck with your selection.

For what it’s worth I think kdb is a good shout for the game against spurs, I think mane will outscore Salah against Southampton and I think Watford/Brighton will both win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

whats the feeling on the best 4.0/4.5 option defenders ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Besic hasn't played any class of a match in months, I doubt he is anywhere close to starting a PL game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭8-10

miller82 wrote: »

Hanley was Norwich's captain last week, he's 4.0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Besic hasn't played any class of a match in months, I doubt he is anywhere close to starting a PL game.

Played a friendly for Everton under 23s a few weeks back

i would also like to hear peoples opinions on this. i need 2 4.5m and 1 4m Currently on Pieters (Burnley), Dunk (Brighton) and Hanley (Nor). Although i was looking at Mepham (Bou), Ward/Dann(Palace) and Mings (Avl), will they be regulars this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

whats the feeling on the best 4.0/4.5 option defenders  ?

i would also like  to hear peoples opinions on this. i need 2 4.5m and 1 4m Currently on Pieters (Burnley), Dunk (Brighton) and Hanley (Nor). Although i was looking at Mepham (Bou), Ward/Dann(Palace) and Mings (Avl), will they be regulars this season?
    Mepham/Mings/Hanley and Dunk are the most solid imo

cheers bud

is either Dann or Ward likely to keep their place for the season for palace?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Went a bit mad.
    Lucas Moura out, Buendia in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2019/06/13/premier-league-release-fixtures-for-2019-20-season/?hc_page=1&hc_sort_by=comment_date#hc_comment_20382906

I hope this is of use to the guys looking for viable cheap defenders. Hopefully this link works. Scroll down the page to find comments by Diesel001 who looks at rotation pairs that avoid the "big 6" for Q1 (first 9 fixtures) and Q2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Wan Bissaka in a 5 man defence or start Lamela in a 4 man midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Wan Bissaka in a 5 man defence or start Lamela in a 4 man midfield?

AWB for me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,072 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Trying to decide whether to keep Will Hughes and bank a transfer for next week or bring in McGinn based on one week, he may rise so unsure...

mcginn or leicesters perez or tielemans?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I may do Salah to Mané this week and use the funds to get either Kane or Auba next week.

I was planning on starting the season with Mané over Salah but the formers recovery from injury put the brakes on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

mcginn or leicesters perez or tielemans?

Perez, no contest. One goal doesn't make McGinn a good option

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

My app still isn’t showing my points ?
    Anyone else have this problem ?
    Apologies if asked already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

My app still isn’t showing my points ?
    Anyone else have this problem ?
    Apologies if asked already

Try logging in via the website, you may need to reinstall the app.

[Technicians answer] .... Have you tried turning it off and on again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Issa Diop @ Brighton and Aaron Wan-Bissaka @ Wolves

OR

Lundstrum home to Palace & Rico @ Villa

Likelier clean sheets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Issa Diop @ Brighton and Aaron Wan-Bissaka @ Wolves

OR

Lundstrum home to Palace & Rico @ Villa

Likelier clean sheets?

Second one I think