Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sinéad O'Connor October 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I thought she was Magda Arjuna Davitt now?

Good to see her active either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭IspeakcozIcan

Whoops! Missed this thread and set up my own :o

Does anyone know if there will be any pre-sales for this?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Im currently birdwatching with Sinead O Connor. Its been seven owls and sixteen jays, since she took her dove away.

Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

definitely grabbing tickets to this. Have never seen her before but one on my list..

I suspect this will sell out quick enough? Saw a few people on her fan club page who are planning on flying in from abroad for the Vicar St show

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    definitely grabbing tickets to this. Have never seen her before but one on my list..

I suspect this will sell out quick enough? Saw a few people on her fan club page who are planning on flying in from abroad for the Vicar St show

Vicar Street has a capacity of about 1,500. So should sell out fairly quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭yknaa

She is also appearing at this year's Féile in Thurles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'd imagine Aiken has a second gig planned on the 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Vicar Street has a capacity of about 1,500. So should sell out fairly quickly
    What are the best seats to get for vicar st?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Tickets sorted. Could be amazing or a complete **** show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

whelzer wrote: »
    Tickets sorted. Could be amazing or a complete **** show!!
    I'm hoping its amazing too - never saw her live before but was so happy to see that she is back touring. Looks like Vicar Street is now sold out, I'd be surprised if more dates are not added as she said on her interview with Dave Fanning in June that she was looking to do more concerts so by the sounds of it, she is looking to get as much work as possible.

Edit - not sold out yet at 10.25am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

robo wrote: »
    I'm hoping its amazing too - never saw her live before but was so happy to see that she is back touring. Looks like Vicar Street is now sold out, I'd be surprised if more dates are not added as she said on her interview with Dave Fanning in June that she was looking to do more concerts so by the sounds of it, she is looking to get as much work as possible.

Edit - not sold out yet at 10.25am

Seen her a few times over the years but never a full on gig, She was unbelievable at last years Shane MacGowan birthday show in NCH. That was Jan/Feb, pre the latest religion thing...with her voice and back catalog of songs, it should be good! Fingers crossed.

looks like Vicar St is now sold out.

Question re Vicar St - I bought standing 3 tix with the hope that we can avail of the seats on the side if needed (my ma doesn't like standing for the full duration and I don't like sitting...

As far as I remember the view is restricted unless you're close enough to the stage.. those side seats aren't bookable am I right? They should be free to use if you've bought standing??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Missed this this morning and now sold out, pity as one of the best female vocalists ever. Amazing voice with changes in range and style. Saw her a couple of times live with last one being in The Olympia a few years back where she had her daughter as one of the backing vocalists, a great concert. Thought Vicar St would have been too small a venue for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Raging I missed this! I will always love Sinead.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Tickets are still available for her Wexford show..

Got my tickets this morning. Delighted and less than 3 months to wait!

Missed Sinead the last time and said never again.

Her voice is as strong as ever - She's an absolute force of nature.

This is going to be epic and in Vicar Street too... Buzzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

looks like Vicar St is now sold out.

Question re Vicar St - I bought standing 3 tix with the hope that we can avail of the seats on the side if needed (my ma doesn't like standing for the full duration and I don't like sitting...

As far as I remember the view is restricted unless you're close enough to the stage.. those side seats aren't bookable am I right? They should be free to use if you've bought standing??

Yep, you're bang on with the seats. Free, unallocated for standing ticketholders but the back ones would be a bad view with people standing in front of you, you're best front and side

Phew, looks like I got in just in time. Bought my ticket at 10:30, having forgotten about it earlier, and it sold out about twenty minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭fallen01angel

Completely forgot about tickets going on sale today,managed to get through to the Cork Opera house and bag 2 standing tickets at 3pm....was stunned they were still available to be honest. 1st time seeing her perform live, can't wait :)
    At 3pm they had some single seated tickets and a number of standing tickets available,if anyone has missed out for other venues!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

How long did it take her Dublin show to sell out?

• Advertisement

wacotaco wrote: »
    How long did it take her Dublin show to sell out?

about a half hour I think

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Secret Seven

Does anyone know if this is an over 18s concert? Doesn't say on the tickets. I'd like to give one to a friend's son but he's only 17. If it is over 18 will he need to have i.d.?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Reznorek

Does anyone know if this is an over 18s concert? Doesn't say on the tickets. I'd like to give one to a friend's son but he's only 17. If it is over 18 will he need to have i.d.?

"Over 18's only, ID required"

If he cant drink or drive, then he cant see Sinead O Connor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

2 Extra Irish dates to be announced 20th Sep but doesn't say where.
    https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/music/4534973/sinead-oconnor-irish-dates-upcoming-tour/

Excited for Vicar Street tonight. She seems in great form these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Excited for Vicar Street tonight. She seems in great form these days.

I saw her last night in Cork and she was very good.
    Came out sang her songs with no lectures or rants.
    Played for around 85 minutes .

Well that completely surpassed my expectations. Sinead's voice and intensity were immense. Between songs she smiled like she was genuinely thrilled - and what a smile she has. A true great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

Absolutely great gig last night in Vicar Street - I'll be jealous of those at it tonight. Would definitely go again. She was radiant and that smile was just so nice to see. I genuinely thought I'd never get to see her perform live, after all that she went through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Saw her Saturday night in Cork and must say she was truly brilliant!

What a truly gorgeous voice she has and seeing her smiling throughout and looking happy with life was truly wonderful to see!

Advertisement