Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Such thing as a Dog Friendly Golf Course?

• 12-08-2019 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

My better half is away with work for a couple of months so it makes me feel a bit bad when I leave the pooch behind or with someone while I go out and make the most of the summer evenings.

I tend to play Corballis quite alot and as it is a public piece of land there are several people out walking their dogs along and sometimes outside of the paths out there. Anyone ever bring their dog out for a few holes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I’ve seen a couple of dogs going round Deer Park Golf Course in Howth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Only on courses with no bunkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Whats he play off?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I doub't it OP, even though you often see people walking around the perimeter of courses with dogs. Fouling would be an obvious issue, distraction another.

I love dogs but wouldn't bring my two!!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

Too much risk of other players ending up with a ball in the ruff (I'll get my coat)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

pakman wrote: »
    Too much risk of other players ending up with a ball in the ruff (I'll get my coat)

Yeah it might not be safe, especially if you're looking for a few birdies..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Sounds a bit ridiculous really

Maybe one of those footgolf novelty courses would be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭plumber77

lawred2 wrote: »
    Sounds a bit ridiculous really

Maybe one of those footgolf novelty courses would be fine

https://mobile.twitter.com/mcginleygolf/status/1084569594797453314

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

plumber77 wrote: »

Maybe there could be one dog day per month or something.. problem is is that many dog owners don't really believe in leashes.. so open it to the masses and then you have dogs running around the course trying to get at the other dogs on the course. Just like a regular park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Ask the club manager. If you tie the lead to your trolley I can’t see what the problem would be. Pick up the poop of course.

They’re used to be a lad that would bring his dog on the course all the time in our place. That was a long time ago though.

Late in the eve I somethings bring my 2 up the back 9 (place is empty). They love the short grass, one of the reasons I never bring them out when I’m playing as I’m never on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭plumber77

Like anything there will always be people that abuse it; dogs without leads etc. I take my lab up to the practice area some evenings as it's really quiet. As much as I love dogs I don't think I'd want him there when playing on course though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,003 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Barking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭willabur

I've had a good think about this, as much as I feel bad about leaving him behind for a few hours he would be a little bollix on the course. I was there yesterday and there were rabbits everywhere, he would have been doing his nut in trying to chase them :)

so yeah, barking

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

Currstown,
    Slieve Jack Russell
    Greyhoundstones
    Barklow
    Colliestown

OK I'll get my coat ..... walkies ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

My aunt and uncle play with their dog regularly, though they live in San Francisco. They have to drive an hour or so to get to a course that allows it, but with a well behaved/trained dog on a leash and a responsible owner there is no problem.

Advertisement