Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Kebab in Waterford

Options
  • 12-08-2019 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭

As the heading suggests, where would one find the best Kebab in Waterford, just had one in The Cleaboy and it was ok but I'm sure there are better!!

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Istanbul has always been the best kebab in the place but I've not been there since kayash owned it so couldn't tell you now.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

As the heading suggests, where would one find the best Kebab in Waterford, just had one in The Cleaboy and it was ok but I'm sure there are better!!

Any suggestions?

Kebabs are rarely done nice imo. I would think Istanbuls is best though, even though its a little bit more expensive.

There was another savage place run by the Bangladeshi lads on john Street but it closed down last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

It's been a while since I got a kebab from Istanbul but if you get the lamb shish it's cooked freshly in front of you and is lovely although the pitta breads can disintegrate during eating.

If you're looking for a doner I think Hot Corner Pizza and Kebabs on Barrack St is the best as they make and bake the flatbread there in front of you and load it up then. You'll come out of there with what looks like a duvet wrapped up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

The Cleaboy kebabs are gak. Istanbul are good. Hot Corner and Ballybeg take away are quality too and use nan instead of pita bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

tonc76 wrote: »
    It's been a while since I got a kebab from Istanbul but if you get the lamb shish it's cooked freshly in front of you and is lovely although the pitta breads can disintegrate during eating.

If you're looking for a doner I think Hot Corner Pizza and Kebabs on Barrack St is the best as they make and bake the flatbread there in front of you and load it up then. You'll come out of there with what looks like a duvet wrapped up :pac:

Hot Corner is one that came up before alright in a google search, The ones in Cleaboy are way to small

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Curry Garden was the best closed down a few years ago.

And im tellin' ya, i actually love Doner Dudes. They give you a huge kebab tray with loads of salad and sauce for a fiver. 6 euro delivered.

Those cheapo places are the best for hangover food!

Now i mean one of these trays does 2 people a full plate of food!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭dzilla

babylon kebab really good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Istanbul is definitely the best in Waterford imo. Its actually something I missed anytime I lived abroad or away for a length of time. I go here sober for a treat, which is saying something for a kebab place.

Its not a hold in your hands and eat kebab, you are better off using a cutlery. But originally kebabs were not a hold in the hand dish anyway (came about in the 70s in Germany).

The quality of ingredients, generous chunks of chicken breast or lamb is not something you find in many places. Their home-made chilli sauce is fantastic.

It's missing a few more authentic turkish touches and it would compete with the high end kebab places in Dublin easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Istanbul is definitely the best in Waterford imo. Its actually something I missed anytime I lived abroad or away for a length of time. I go here sober for a treat, which is saying something for a kebab place.

Its not a hold in your hands and eat kebab, you are better off using a cutlery. But originally kebabs were not a hold in the hand dish anyway (came about in the 70s in Germany).

The quality of ingredients, generous chunks of chicken breast or lamb is not something you find in many places. Their home-made chilli sauce is fantastic.

It's missing a few more authentic turkish touches and it would compete with the high end kebab places in Dublin easily.
    I lived in Germany and you were nearly always guaranteed a good kebab, combimation of not gettin away with it and the amount of turks made for alot of competition

Advertisement