Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 2 transfer thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Which of Robertson or Trent would you transfer out ?

I'm torn. Love Robertson after last season but Trent's got that recency

Rikand wrote: »

Depends how risk adverse you are but for me Trent has the bigger upside in terms of goals and assists but probably a bigger rotation risk, Robertson less rotation risk and also less upside.

I'd have Trent all day if they were to play the same minutes saying all that I don't have either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Depends how risk adverse you are but for me Trent has the bigger upside in terms of goals and assists but probably a bigger rotation risk, Robertson less rotation risk and also less upside.

I'd have Trent all day if they were to play the same minutes saying all that I don't have either
    I'm risk-averse and went Robertson.

Saying that, I had TAA most of last season and always felt like I had the poor-mans option of the two.

I'm in the risk averse category myself. Well, I take risks gw1 and then go the opposite way for the rest of the season.

I'll stew on it over my elevenses

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Neither of them? Seems a bit knee-jerky to be dumping at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

For the short term you might miss a gameweek, Liverpool play Chelsea in the super cup on the 14th of August in Turkey

Not sure how much Klopp cares about it so not sure how strong a team he'll field but could be extra rotation worries there too to consider when picking Robbo or Trent

Think Trent could get the extra minutes in that game and prioritise Robertson for the league but that would just be a guess on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Is ceballos likely to start for arsenal going forward? He could be decent at 5.5.. any other good options at this price and lower?

He didn't start yesterday as he got a knock in the last pre season game but insisted on being available. He's very highly rated. I'm keeping him for another while anyway.

PARlance wrote: »
    Neither of them? Seems a bit knee-jerky to be dumping at this stage.

I didn't mind having the two of them when Allison was in goal, but don't fancy the double up with Adrian.

Plus, I need to get salah in. I already have FunBobby who I don't want to get rid of, so a Liverpool defender must go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

have origi...need to get rid of him by gw 3 or 4. who should i be looking at that is getting regular gametime?

I have PEA & KANE & Sterling (and a good week to start off).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

For the short term you might miss a gameweek, Liverpool play Chelsea in the super cup on the 14th of August in Turkey

Not sure how much Klopp cares about it so not sure how strong a team he'll field but could be extra rotation worries there too to consider when picking Robbo or Trent

Think Trent could get the extra minutes in that game and prioritise Robertson for the league but that would just be a guess on my part.

He'll want TAA to play against Southampton. A waste having anyone less attacking against them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

daheff wrote: »
    have origi...need to get rid of him by gw 3 or 4. who should i be looking at that is getting regular gametime?

Think for someone guaranteed game time you’d need to push up to 6. Joelinton looked decent for Newcastle yesterday and Wesley for villa has great fixtures so one of them I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Bank my WC and single free transfer this week to bring in Martial and Sterling next week

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

My plan was to flip flop with transfers between Sterling and Salah through the season, started with captaining Salah. Sterling is too valuable not to have in so done what I have never done before and wildcarded early doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

L.S.F wrote: »
    My plan was to flip flop with transfers between Sterling and Salah through the season, started with captaining Salah. Sterling is too valuable not to have in so done what I have never done before and wildcarded early doors.

Week 1 WC just seems so drastic week. You could have banked this gw (he plays Spurs). Then GW3 you have 2 transfers (even 3 with a -4 hit) to fit him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,633 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Bank my WC and single free transfer this week to bring in Martial and Sterling next week
    for who?

Might be worth watching what Brighton do. They didn't start new signings at the weekend so it'll take a few weeks to see what team they'll go with. Andone could be a real bargain at 5m. McGoldrick the only other one there at 5.5m or less I think.

I would try to find an extra 1m if I was you though. Much better options at 6.5. I've 1m itb to upgrade Origi, gonna wait until Wednesday night to see if I'll stick with him for another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Banking mine, did well in GW1, no obvious holes. Will look to ship out King and/or Barkley in GW3 perhaps if they blank again.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

You think Rashford is a must-have after one good game against a Chelsea side under a rookie manager and with lots of new faces?

He hasn't been clinical over his career so far and to say he's a must-have is a bit of a stretch.

+1, a foolish move.

My watchlist from week 1:
    Villa: Treseguet, McGinn
    Sheffield United: Lundstram
    Brighton: Montoya
    Burnley: Barnes
    United: Maguire, Martial

Avoid: Chelsea, Watford

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Shedite27 wrote: »
    My watchlist from week 1:
    Villa: Treseguet, McGinn
    Sheffield United: Lundstram
    Brighton: Montoya
    Burnley: Barnes
    United: Maguire, Martial

Avoid: Chelsea, Watford

I think its too early to rule out entire teams just yet

• Advertisement

I don't think Chelsea were as bad as the scoreline suggested. Their run until Dec is too good to completely ignore. Having Kante back will be massive for them as well.

If Abraham gets a goal or two he could really kick on at 7m. I'll be keeping an eye on Emerson as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

PARlance wrote: »
    I don't think Chelsea were as bad as the scoreline suggested. Their run until Dec is too good to completely ignore. Having Kante back will be massive for them as well.

If Abraham gets a goal or two he could really kick on at 7m. I'll be keeping an eye on Emerson as well.

3 shots on target the boy Emerson managed. Definitely one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Severely tempted by Fraser to Martial. Is it worth doing it this week to avoid the inevitable .2 difference it'll cost next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Would you go with Wan Bissaka @ Wolves and Diop @ Brighton or Lundstrum home to Palace and Rico @ Villa?

Woke up with an unnatural urge to but Martial (selling Barkley)

Likely means downgrading a defender, either
    Sell Digne for Montoya
    Sell Robertson for Maguire/other 5.5

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Woke up with an unnatural urge to but Martial (selling Barkley)

Likely means downgrading a defender, either
    Sell Digne for Montoya
    Sell Robertson for Maguire/other 5.5

For minus 4
    No chance
    Wait

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Debating a transfer rather than keeping 2 for next week.

Have a few players tied in Man City vs Spurs.
    So it's something along the lines of:

Adams OUT, Andone/Maupay IN
    Lucas Moura OUT <<not sure who, in, maybe Martial>>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

razorblunt wrote: »
    Debating a transfer rather than keeping 2 for next week.

Have a few players tied in Man City vs Spurs.
    So it's something along the lines of:

Adams OUT, Andone/Maupay IN
    Lucas Moura OUT <<not sure who, in, maybe Martial>>

The 2nd one if you must. Martial will rise so if you want him I’d say that’s not a bad transfer for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Keep an eye on Brighton, once their forwards settle down.
    Andone has scored and is only 5, Maupay is 6, has scored and banged them in last season in the Championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Banking but fighting the urge to delay a move for Martial.

I do like an OOP player.

Advertisement