Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society - Carlow GC Sat 24th Aug 1.30PM

• 06-08-2019 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭

PLEASE NOTE NEW DATE / TIME

Our second Last Event of the year and a course that's been on my bucket list for quite a while. :D

Next up is Carlow Golf club on Sat 24th Of Aug 1:30pm

A course that has the richly deserved reputation of being one of the finest parkland courses in Ireland. It is our unique, natural landscape that remains dry all year round that makes Carlow an ideal club for visiting golfers and its an excellent club to join as a member.

Carlow Golf Club is consistently ranked in the top 30 of Golf Digest Magazine’s “Top 100 Golf Courses in Ireland” and have achieved 29th place in the 2015 rankings. Ryder Cup star Christy O’Connor Junior once described Carlow’s 16th as the finest 16th hole in the country and, describing our course as one “not to be missed”, the eminent Irish Independent golf columnist Liam Kelly also said that Carlow is “Truly a gem” and that “Class is permanent”. So it’s not surprising that our mission for 2016 is to spread the word about this great course so that many more visitors and new members can enjoy the Carlow golfing experience.

The green fee for this one is €40 teamer invites shortly.

Regards

Benny79

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Super course, great variety, that immense downhill hole towards the end will be fun, think it's the 18th
    Unfortunately I can't make this one so enjoy all and see you in Dooks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

jaysus they would want to update their sales pitch wouldn't they! :D

looking forward to this one. just hope I can play better, haven't struck a ball since Castleknock, hoping the break will have done me good

slave1 wrote: »
    Super course, great variety, that immense downhill hole towards the end will be fun, think it's the 18th
    Unfortunately I can't make this one so enjoy all and see you in Dooks

date changed, maybe you can get out now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Date and time changed.

Might be able do on new date but no chance at new time on old date

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Seve OB wrote: »
    date changed, maybe you can get out now?

Flash of hope when I saw date changed but alas I'm away that weekend on a mates 50th, playing Mt Juliet/Faithlegg/Waterford Castle and all already booked and paid for :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm 50/50 for this at the moment. Won't know for a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭benny79

Lads due to the club double booking us! and a lot of work been done in the back round by myself and the committee to find a different course it was just to hard to get as good as course at short notice. So we decided the best thing to do was go a week later. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause to some.

But on the plus side they have dropped the green fee for the hassle caused to €40 it was €50 and the society was subsidizing some of it which means I can put that money towards Dooks Green fees to bring that down a bit :D

So we are now playing Carlow 24th @ 1.30pm Hopefully we might get out a bit earlier if lads are early hint..hint... :)

Regards

Benny79

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Played the course with Boards last time we were there, and its a cracking little classic parkland.

Can't remember the hole, but there is one green that has an insane slope on it, you do not want to be above the hole, or you could be running back down the front & off the green.

I think it had a nice mix of holes, including one shortish, driveable par 4 around the turn (with a lot of water to deal with, so its a major risk reward hole)

Looking forward to it, having missed the Castleknock round, I need 2 big rounds to try jump up the leaderboard

There was big elevation getting to that green I think. For some reason the 4th hole sticks in my head space,

Seve OB wrote: »
    There was big elevation getting to that green I think. For some reason the 4th hole sticks in my head space,

Yeah that's right, good elevation to the green. 4th was number I had in my head too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Yupp think it’s the 4th alright. I remember going over the green with my second and scratched the hole!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I'm in. Would need an early tee please if possible Captain. Played Carlow a few years (with boards) was a lovely course then. edit: founded 1899!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Early for me too please

Same for myself, earlier the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Earlier side of the draw would be best, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭SEORG

Early also please, thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

friday or sunday for me please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Fortuitous date change for me! Looking forward to playing and hopefully cracking the top 10 ahead of Dooks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Fortuitous date change for me! Looking forward to playing and hopefully cracking the top 10 ahead of Dooks :D

You’ve been fairly spot on with your predictions so far, let’s see if you’re all guff in Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

You’ve been fairly spot on with your predictions so far, let’s see if you’re all guff in Carlow

Can we make it so that Poppy and Big Easy are together on the timesheet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Can we make it so that Poppy and Big Easy are together on the timesheet :D

Nothing would put that lad under any pressure unless his karma is misaligned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Nothing would put that lad under any pressure unless his karma is misaligned

Currently suffering in La Rochelle, lots more karma to burn through unfortunately :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Have to drop out, updated teamer. See you at Dooks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wasn't sure if i could make this, but i will figure it out. Will accept on Teamer later on as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

I’m in, accepted on teamed as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Can I go early too. Something just came up

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Any chance of an early slot gotta be in work at 6

Any chance of an early slot gotta be in work at 6

I think you might be cutting that a bit fine. First tee is 1.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

benny79 wrote: »
    I think you might be cutting that a bit fine. First tee is 1.30pm
    Similar question Benny, is the time for Dooks confirmed for 2pm first tee as well? I have to be back in Listowel for 7pm so if it's a 2 pm start I won't be able to go. Just wondering as I have to cancel a hotel in Killarney for Friday if that's the case. Thanks

• Advertisement

davegilly wrote: »
    Similar question Benny, is the time for Dooks confirmed for 2pm first tee as well? I have to be back in Listowel for 7pm so if it's a 2 pm start I won't be able to go. Just wondering as I have to cancel a hotel in Killarney for Friday if that's the case. Thanks

Yea I'm afraid it is.. Its hard to get the Top courses Early.

Advertisement