Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apcoa Clamping

• 10-08-2019 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Got clamped today in Grand Canal docks after 20 mins after my expiry time. There was heavy rain at the time and I was taking shelter in a nearby shop.
    I wasn’t given a ticket number just the clamp and the sticker to say I got clamped. I couldn’t pay it off on my phone as I wasn’t given a ticket pr anything. Only saw the driver driving around and he said he’ll do it on his phone so I had to enter my details on his phone to be able to pay it off. I also wasn’t given a receipt for it.
    Is there any way I can appeal this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Got clamped today in Grand Canal docks after 20 mins after my expiry time. There was heavy rain at the time and I was taking shelter in a nearby shop.
    I wasn’t given a ticket number just the clamp and the sticker to say I got clamped. I couldn’t pay it off on my phone as I wasn’t given a ticket pr anything. Only saw the driver driving around and he said he’ll do it on his phone so I had to enter my details on his phone to be able to pay it off. I also wasn’t given a receipt for it.
    Is there any way I can appeal this?

Assuming that because it was APCOA it was a private parking area then SI 421 of 2017 is the go to.

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Vehicle_Clamping__Signage_Regulations_2017.pdf

Check the regulations over Section 13
    Form of clamping notice
    13. (a) The form of a clamping notice, other than a notice being issued in
    respect of a vehicle being clamped under section 101B, shall be that
    set out in Schedule 1 to these Regulations or a form substantially to
    the same effect.
    (b) A clamping notice issued in accordance with paragraph (a) shall be-
    (i) fully legible;
    (ii) printed on water-proof material or be contained within a transparent water-proof envelope or covering when fixed to the
    vehicle in accordance with section 13 of the Act; and
    14 [421]
    (iii) wholly contained in one sheet of paper or similar material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Why would you appeal?

Why would you appeal?

Why would you not, it doesn't increase the fee and might get you €125 back

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Some first post. 20 mins after the ticket expires and you want to appeal. The clamper worked in the rain,surely you could walk in it.
    I hate the cnuts, but you were by your own admission, in the wrong here.

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Why would you not, it doesn't increase the fee and might get you €125 back

Fair point. A better question to ask is on what grounds would the OP appeal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

It was raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

It was raining.

:):):)

It was raining.

Op must’ve been at the hairdressers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Op must’ve been at the hairdressers.

OP might have been stoned.

Appeal on any of the grounds covered by the SI, would sound from the OP that the clamper failed to put the statutory notice on the windscreen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement