Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

getting on one stop too early on irish Rail

• 09-08-2019 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Pre booked ticket for one station but now i need to get on at one before that, i presume it would be no big issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If its the same fare zone you may get away with it if you meet a decent revenue protection agent, if different zone then no chance. Either way you don't have a valid ticket for the station you are boarding at and you need a valid ticket to travel by train.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

You can change ur online booking within certain timeframe

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Del2005 wrote: »
    If its the same fare zone you may get away with it if you meet a decent revenue protection agent, if different zone then no chance. Either way you don't have a valid ticket for the station you are boarding at and you need a valid ticket to travel by train.

No its not same fare, ticket is from Claremorris, i now need to get on at Castlebar but will be chaos in the morning with fans going to Croke Park so might not get chance to buy a Castlebar to Claremorris ticket at the machine

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    You can change ur online booking within certain timeframe

tried that, dont see the option to change departure station

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Rockfish wrote: »
    No its not same fare, ticket is from Claremorris, i now need to get on at Castlebar but will be chaos in the morning with fans going to Croke Park so might not get chance to buy a Castlebar to Claremorris ticket at the machine

You can buy tickets online.

• Advertisement

Del2005 wrote: »
    You can buy tickets online.

Ya but have to print them off at machine at station

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

You must have a valid ticket.

Tickets can be purchased in advance at any staffed station, any booking made online can be collected at any station with a ticket machine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

If its one of the specials no need to get on early. If the regular service and you don't get any seat just claim a refund.

Advertisement