Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vape keeps spitting hot fluid

• 06-08-2019 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭

My vape spits hot fluid for a couple of hours after I put the fluid into it, why is it happening? Can I fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

My vape spits hot fluid for a couple of hours after I put the fluid into it, why is it happening? Can I fix it?

is it a rebuidable or a stock coil atty....

If it is a rebuildable,you may need more cotton through the coil,a tight fit will reduce spit back.
    Flooding the coil will also cause spit back,less liquid on the coil will help,but this all depends on what atty you have,different types of coil decks will act differently.

A thicker juice would solve this as well,again it depends on the atty.

Using too much power will cause it as well on some atty's.

Your wicking is very important on some builds.

A number of things can cause spit back...

If it's a stock coil,either it's fukced or your juice is too thin or too much power being used.

Supply us with all the info about your atty,juice & power you are using.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

'Usually' when a coil is spitting hot juice, you're firing it too low. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but the liquid isn't getting vaporized completely because there's not enough heat. But, it could be other factors as youdipstick states above. I would try crank the wattage up and see if that helps a bit first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Thanks for the replies,
    im clueless about vapes,
    How do I put up the wattage? whats an atty?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Thanks for the replies,
    im clueless about vapes,
    How do I put up the wattage? whats an atty?

What is the name of the device you are using? An atty is an atomizer, the tank that you put the liquid into which will have a coil inside that vaporizes the liquid into, well, vapour - there's usually controls to change power settings somewhere on the 'mod' [the device with the battery inside]

Thanks, I cant find any controls to change power settings. Its an Aspire PockeX. Its still spitting but now when I try to inhale from it nothing comes out. I only bought it like 2 months ago, it shouldnt be broken already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Thanks, I cant find any controls to change power settings. Its an Aspire PockeX. Its still spitting but now when I try to inhale from it nothing comes out. I only bought it like 2 months ago, it shouldnt be broken already

Using my 2 Pockex for the past year & never had a spit back,it's got to be dodgy coils,nothing else on it to break,unless the battery is dead.

I can't quite remember if the coil I use is the 0.6ohm or 0.7ohm,it's one of them,I think there was a higher resistance coil like a 1.00ohm or a 1.2ohm,if it is one of these you are using,I would use the 0.6 or 0.7 coil,a far better vape for Direct to Lung(DTL) & Mouth to Lung(MTL) vaping.

I have never used the higher ohm coil in the Pockex...

:D:D:D:D maybe there is only one type of coil,memory not so good these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭corkie

Have Pockex.

2 types of coils for it: - Available in 0.6 Ω & 1.2 Ω

The coils on Pockex only last approx 3 weeks with moderate to heavy use.

When was the last time you changed coil?

Don't use NIC Salts with the 0.6 Ω coil as they won't vape with it.

If you replaced the coil, you might have gotten a dud!

Edit: Also remember to prime the coils (on new ones) and I tend to do it as well when I let the ejuice run down or change flavour.
    Look to youtube on how to prime. <<<< Unlike suggested in some don't put juice down the center but from the sides.

What kind of ejuice are you using in it? PG/VG ratio?

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

Thanks for the comments and video.
    Im trying to get the coil to unscrew from the top but it wont budge, ive tried everything. If id known vapes were this much hassle id have stayed on the smokes.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,901 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Ah it's a bit of a learning curve but totally worth it. I have the pockex and I found that a lower ohm coil and a thicker liquid worked best.

Toots wrote: »
    Ah it's a bit of a learning curve but totally worth it. I have the pockex and I found that a lower ohm coil and a thicker liquid worked best.

Each to there own preferences. I didn't like the lower ohm coil and mainly use the 1.2 Ω and that is the coil I stocked up on. Also like using NIC salts.

@Airyfairy12
    The PockeX, is an easy to use vape, compared to some mods+tanks.

If you haven't changed the coil before, the one that came by default on the device is 0.6 Ω & the spare is 1.2 Ω. <<< On recent models, older had 2 by 0.6 Ω

If your finding the PockeX complicated, a pod based vape, such as 'MyBlu' or below might have been better for you.

UWELL Caliburn Portable System Kit ~~ Lives up to online hype and reviews.

Edit: - If you can not get the coil out. You can get replacement top caps.
    https://ecigarettesworld.ie/ecig-accessories/2238-aspire-pockex-top-cap.html

I am Not affiliated with any store or review sites.

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the comments.
    It's not that im finding it complicated to use, there must be a problem with the coil, the vapes been spitting since I bought it and the coil wont unscrew from the lid. I checked it a few hours ago and a big blob of hot fluid spat out onto my hand and ive now got a burn where it landed on me.
    Ill just bring it back to the shop tomorrow and see if they can sort it.

Thanks for the comments.
    It's not that im finding it complicated to use, there must be a problem with the coil, the vapes been spitting since I bought it and the coil wont unscrew from the lid. I checked it a few hours ago and a big blob of hot fluid spat out onto my hand and ive now got a burn where it landed on me.

Sounds like you got a dud/faulty coil on first use.

Or you burnt out the coil by incorrect use. Not primed on first use.

However it happened the coil is definitely spent, and you shouldn't be even using it. You must be tying to still use, since it spat out hot fluid.

Firing that coil probably produced excessive heat, fusing it to the top cap.

The only other possible problem, is the battery on it maybe providing to much power.

But certainly sounds more like a faulty/dud coil. It is possible to get dud coils out of the package.

Did you get any help from the shop?

Maybe they gave you a new top cap (€4 approx) and coil (€3.50) for it? (Did you need to pay for them?)

Advertisement