Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Public jobs panel local county council

• 16-07-2019 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just looking on some info or insight about panels formed for clerical officer roles at my local council.

I passed the interview and got high enough on the panel just wondering has any one any experience on if they ever do contact people about panels or has anyone been offered a job?

Just wondering if anyone has been offered something similar on a panel befor?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

Yup panels are how they recruit. Panels last for 12 months and they usually have the option to extend it further which they tend to do rather than go to the expense of running another competition.

Clerical officer panels tend to run out in the larger LA's. Mind asking which LA your on the panel for?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

FluffPiece wrote: »
    Yup panels are how they recruit. Panels last for 12 months and they usually have the option to extend it further which they tend to do rather than go to the expense of running another competition.

Clerical officer panels tend to run out in the larger LA's. Mind asking which LA your on the panel for?

Thanks for the info

My local area is Kerry it was for Kerry county council.

Done fairly well in the panel got into the top 6 so I’m just wondering do I have a chance of getting called at some stage.

Was just wondering if they ran through the panels quick enough or are they slow going through them.

Depends on how big the LA is itself. Being in Top 6 on a panel for the clerical officer, I'd be shocked if you don't get called. Not knowing how big Kerry is numbers wise, it depends on how long you're waiting. They will start at the top and take it from there.

Had you been in top 6 for any of the Dublin LA's or Kildare for example, you'd have a chance of being called within 3 - 8 weeks at the moment such is the turnover of staff at that level.

FluffPiece wrote: »
    Depends on how big the LA is itself. Being in Top 6 on a panel for the clerical officer, I'd be shocked if you don't get called. Not knowing how big Kerry is numbers wise, it depends on how long you're waiting. They will start at the top and take it from there.

Had you been in top 6 for any of the Dublin LA's or Kildare for example, you'd have a chance of being called within 3 - 8 weeks at the moment such is the turnover of staff at that level.

Thanks for the input.

I’m only in Kerry and I havnt applied for any other district only Kerry or limerick as there my preferred areas.

I have a job myself at the moment but if something did pop up I would
    Jump at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mersie

revoke12 wrote: »
    Thanks for the input.

I’m only in Kerry and I havnt applied for any other district only Kerry or limerick as there my preferred areas.

I have a job myself at the moment but if something did pop up I would
    Jump at it.

Hi Revoke12 , have you been offered a position yet ?

• Advertisement

mersie wrote: »
    Hi Revoke12 , have you been offered a position yet ?

Hi there, nope I havnt been offered anything as of yet, we’re you on the panel too?

Hi there, nope I havnt been offered anything as of yet, we’re you on the panel too?

Hi , yes I am! Phoned and they said they were going through offering at the minute but didn't say how many posts there we're, but I did hear of someone starting recently there so hopefully that's off this panel also ! Just interesting to see what movement there will be on it.

Something to bear in mind, if it's through Public Appointments Service (PAS) this slows it down a bit.

If it's a competition that's run through the local authority itself, you should hear something sooner.

Hi , yes I am! Phoned and they said they were going through offering at the minute but didn't say how many posts there we're, but I did hear of someone starting recently there so hopefully that's off this panel also ! Just interesting to see what movement there will be on it.

Thanks may I ask were you high enough on the panel itself? How did you find the interview itself found it tough enough myself but got through it. Would love to know what kinda positions are being offered is it temp or permanent

Thanks may I ask were you high enough on the panel itself? How did you find the interview itself found it tough enough myself but got through it. Would love to know what kinda positions are being offered is it temp or permanent

I think I seen your were in top 6 so I'm a few behind you ! I know I'm the same I've no idea what positions they are or how many in pipeline in next few months. Yes I thought it was tough enough too just so glad to get placed!

• Advertisement

I think I seen your were in top 6 so I'm a few behind you ! I know I'm the same I've no idea what positions they are or how many in pipeline in next few months. Yes I thought it was tough enough too just so glad to get placed!

Yup I am in 6th place. I know same as found it very tough one or two things found very tricky in the interview. Hopefully il hear something soon, Yes same i was very happy i was placed too, I will let you know as soon as If I hear something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 George12345

Hi :) did anyone get a job from these panels? I recently did an interview and placed 11th but I am not sure I would get a job within a year at this level.

Hi :) did anyone get a job from these panels? I recently did an interview and placed 11th but I am not sure I would get a job within a year at this level.

hi there I placed 6th on the panel and I got a job offered to me approx 3 months after so you will def get a offer quickly as i was quiet suprised.

Oh that’s great well done! I placed for Mayo CoCo so I’m not sure if that could be a bit smaller/less jobs but that’s positive anyway thanks for replying :)

Hi guys, did anyone get a recent clerical officer role? Do they enjoy it? Still waiting on an offer but want to be informed (fingers crossed I get an offer!) Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mim2021

Hi, I placed 17th on panel in kk.. Thinking I wouldn't have much chance of being called would anyone know

Advertisement