Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All together Now looks like it's going to be fantastic

• 19-07-2019 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Curraghmore house and gardens is set to be the backdrop of one of Irelands biggest festivals this year. If I had the money I'd go myself.

Great for local tourism surrounding businesses. Really great to see it back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Curraghmore house and gardens is set to be the backdrop of one of Irelands biggest festivals this year. If I had the money I'd go myself.

Great for local tourism surrounding businesses. Really great to see it back.

Buzzing myself, can't wait for it now

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Counting down the minutes. Last year was brilliant, this year looks even better. Can. Not. Wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭IspeakcozIcan

Buzzing for this festival. So many amazing acts over 3 days.
    Only 2 weeks away now... Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Jesus christ, i didnt realise how big and popular this festival has become. It must be nearly as popular as electric picnic.

Theres 290 pages of a thread in the gigs and events forum here on boards.

WEhat kind of crowds are they looking at getting this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭dk1982

Jesus christ, i didnt realise how big and popular this festival has become. It must be nearly as popular as electric picnic.

Theres 290 pages of a thread in the gigs and events forum here on boards.

WEhat kind of crowds are they looking at getting this weekend

About 200 of the 290 are about what a disaster the traffic situation is. People havent moved for 3 hours. Its being called Fyre Festival Mark 2 on Twitter. Due to start in an hour and thousands of cars at a standstill miles away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

dk1982 wrote: »
    About 200 of the 290 are about what a disaster the traffic situation is. People havent moved for 3 hours. Its being called Fyre Festival Mark 2 on Twitter. Due to start in an hour and thousands of cars parked miles away.

yup saw multiple complaints on their facebook feed about this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Bad press alright. All over the airwaves about the traffic debacle.

This will be the last year of it due to the traffic management issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Azatadine wrote: »

I doubt it. Sure isnt it supposed to be a pain to get into EP.

Hopefully they have learned a lesson and there is no traffic issues next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭BBM77

To me this sounds like a bunch of old fellas complaining about something "it should have been done better". You have to expect traffic delays going to an event like this. By its very nature it is in the middle of the country with only narrow country roads to the site. What else could be done? Never been to electric picnic but find it hard to believe that you would not have big delays driving to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭BBM77

If you were to stop doing something because of traffic delays nothing would ever happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Shuttle buses would have helped a lot, if they were on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Jesus, the pessimism of Waterford summed up in one sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Ok, take a look at the All Together Now thread in the Gigs and Events forum......no point pretending that the traffic management issue was not a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭azimuth17

You should look up the word schadenfreude in a German dictionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

RTÉ's Liveline next Tueday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭Deiseen

BBM77 wrote: »
    To me this sounds like a bunch of old fellas complaining about something "it should have been done better". You have to expect traffic delays going to an event like this. By its very nature it is in the middle of the country with only narrow country roads to the site. What else could be done? Never been to electric picnic but find it hard to believe that you would not have big delays driving to the site.

Obviously have delays for these type of events but the delays getting to ATN were extraordinary. It wasn't just a case of people moaning for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

azimuth17 wrote: »
    You should look up the word schadenfreude in a German dictionary.

The explanation would be in German though, so unless the poster is proficient in German... :o

Be much simpler if they look it up in an English dictionary (since it is in common use in that language too). ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

vriesmays wrote: »
    RTÉ's Liveline next Tueday.

I'm sure you'll be first in the queue to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭91wx763

Story going around is that the majority of fools put "PORTLAW" in the satnav and all ended up in the same traffic jam despite approach instruction being on the festival website...............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Reading some of the comments here you'd swear the festival was a massive failure and that it will struggle to be back next year 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Reading some of the comments here you'd swear the festival was a massive failure and that it will struggle to be back next year 😂😂

This is a Waterford thread you have to give out about things. Good things only happen outside the county.......!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

91wx763 wrote: »
    Story going around is that the majority of fools put "PORTLAW" in the satnav and all ended up in the same traffic jam despite approach instruction being on the festival website...............

Thats not true anyway these "fools" as you call them were not allowed go to Portlaw the guards and stewards had it blocked off and everyone was directed to the route set out by the Gardai,and it wasnt a traffic jam it was a complete stand still cars backed up for miles,it was a mess up by the Gardai and organisers.

debok wrote: »
    This is a Waterford thread you have to give out about things. Good things only happen outside the county.......!!!

I left town at 1pm and it was nearly 6:30pm by the time i got my tent up,this is not giving out for the sake of giving out,we paid a for a ticket the very least the organisers can do it get you there for the start of the show!

I was talking to people from the north who drove for 5hrs only to be greeted with another 5hr stand still,i left early yesterday because i didnt want to be stuck in traffic again like the other thousands who left early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

It's all over the culture section of rte news app as being resounding success. Fair play great for the county. Obviously work needs to be done on a traffic plan.

debok wrote: »
    It's all over the culture section of rte news app as being resounding success. Fair play great for the county. Obviously work needs to be done on a traffic plan.

Far from a resounding success when thousands of people leave early,it is great for the county but its going to be very hard for them to get a licence next year if this year is anything to go on,its not just the traffic plan that needs to be worked on,lots of negatives from the festival not just the traffic.

It was a simply fantastic experience, more than a festival, journey there was cat but totally worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭azimuth17

People from Dublin being sent to Carrick and a maze of back roads, or else being sent to Kilmacthomas, when the motorway (and the N25 from Cork) ends in Kilmeaden a few miles from Curraghmore main gate was very hard to understand. The new arrangements were cracked. Why did they not let people just go that way into Portlaw which I understand is what they did last year?

Max Powers wrote: »
    It was a simply fantastic experience, more than a festival, journey there was cat but totally worth it.

How long did it take you to get there Max?

How long did it take you to get there Max?

About 5.5 hours, crazy but the second I started pitching my tent with a can in my hand, it didn't matter a jot.I had a feeling it would take a few hours and I managed to keep my spirits up throughout journey as sure you would be buzzing in anticipation. atmosphere brilliant, loads to see and do outside of the music, food was great, very little queuing time at the numerous bar options which always helps.loads of kids there in a safe atmosphere if anyone thinking about bringing kids.improve the traffic situation clearly the big thing, maybe more showers would not go astray too.bottom line...brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Flow Motion

:D:D Exactly! Waterford in a nut shell. I have being going to gigs/festivals since the early 90's and have had to travel wide and far to see them. Since ATN came to town we have a "major" event right on our door step with major names across all genres playing on our doorstep. Something that I would have never envisaged way back then. We should praise and enjoy it while it lasts.

As for Spraoi & ATN sharing the same weekend personally I think that there is space for both. Both cater for different demographics. Sure if you want to see a bit of Spraoi than drive in & out. Apart for the Friday it took me 30mins door to festival Sat/Sun (I did not camp). Didnt see any of the Spraoi but if you were a person who did want to than there was plenty of opportunity to do so.

Festivals by their very nature are a work in progress. You can't predict the weather. Things happen along the way. Last year first time out everything went like clockwork : the sun, the laid back atmosphere and easy access. Admittedly the organisers messed up on the traffic situation this year but it will be resolved next time out. The festival was a sell out. Yes, some disgruntled folk will never return but there will be a list of willing paying volunteers to take their place.

All Over Now. Chapter 3 awaits. #ATN 2020:p

Advertisement