Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got to Foot Solutions to get rid of Plantar Fasciitis?

• 01-08-2019 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how you found them? Were they expensive? Did they solve the issue?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

Stay away from these people, they just want you to pay for expensive shoes and insoles, go to a good Physio instead and get measured for orthotics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Go to a physio instead, or employ the cleansing flames. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

A Physio or Physical Therapist is who you are looking for. meanwhile Google treatment for it. You will sort it yourself.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/plantar-fasciitis/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20354851

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324353.php

Etc Etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

The power of advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭ger664

the R part of RICE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

I wear orthotics but still got Plantar Fasciitis.
    Like others have said visit Physio/sports therapist.

Dry needling & exercise has me 95% healed getting better every week

10 months since I got it first so patience is also required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Stanford wrote: »
    and get measured for orthotics

If the tracking was out on your car, would you put extra rubber on the side that is worn??.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

I have suffered from pf for on and off 14 years but very little in recent years and my honest opinion is that it is caused by tightness in the legs, be it in the calfs or the hamstrings glutes or sometimes all of the above. If you can loosen up those leg muscles then the pf goes away. At least that's what's happened for me. Been running regularly now for over a year and no issue but in the past when I stopped moving and allowed everything to tighten up, the pf came back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Thanks everyone for all the replies, I’ll go to a Physio.

I see plenty of insoles and the like, are any of these things any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭paddybarry

I had PF very bad for 6 weeks. Seen Paddy Leahy in lasercentre and was goid as new next day. Takes about 3 months for an appointment. Dont waste your time and money with physios.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Ceepo

paddybarry wrote: »
    I had PF very bad for 6 weeks. Seen Paddy Leahy in lasercentre and was goid as new next day. Takes about 3 months for an appointment. Dont waste your time and money with physios.

Just for clarity

You had very bad PF for 6 weeks.
    It took 3 months for an appointment to have laser treatment.
    You were as good as new the next day..

Not sure if it's me but I feel something is not adding up..

Ceepo wrote: »

Just for clarity

Yep, the man is a genius.

Ceepo wrote: »

Just for clarity

Yep, the man is a genius.

I make an appointment with paddy every few months. I had PF for the 6 weeks before appointment. Got PF a week before Dublin Marathon.

First seen paddy after seeing multiple physios/PTs regarding a hamstring issue. Transpired I had huge build up of scar tissue. 10 mins of laser with paddy, and the relief was amazing. I had giving up all hope of a solution to that point.

All top gaa lads see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

I make an appointment with paddy every few months. I had PF for the 6 weeks before appointment. Got PF a week before Dublin Marathon.

First seen paddy after seeing multiple physios/PTs regarding a hamstring issue. Transpired I had huge build up of scar tissue. 10 mins of laser with paddy, and the relief was amazing. I had giving up all hope of a solution to that point.

Just wondering how much they charge re a hamstring issue the same as the average physio?

nannerby wrote: »

Just wondering how much they charge re a hamstring issue the same as the average physio?
    150e

• Registered Users Posts: 10,398 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

150e

:eek:

Murph_D wrote: »
    150e

:eek:
    I spent far in excess of that going to different physios/PTs in trying to address my initial issue with hamstring. A bargain imho. I have sent colleagues to him and they also had positive outcomes after spending fortunes on physios/pts.

Advertisement