Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Map of Wind farms

• 31-07-2019 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if here is the right place, but I'm wondering is there an update accurate map of all the wind farms in Ireland?

Maybe even one with individual turbines locations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

First hit when you Google map of wind farms

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

n97 mini wrote: »

If you're referring to https://www.iwea.com/about-wind/interactve-map it's not exactly up to date and just shows a general area of a farm not turbine locations
    (btw google search results differ from person to person)

Was hoping for something more like
    https://windfarmaction.wordpress.com/2014/07/28/northern-ireland-the-land-of-the-turbines/#jp-carousel-7099

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

n97 mini wrote: »

Probably took you longer to type out that snarky comment than it would to post a link.

OP, try the GeoHive website. Under Nature and Environment, open Nature, Conservation and Heritage, scroll down and click SEAI Windfarms

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Probably took you longer to type out that snarky comment than it would to post a link.

OP, try the GeoHive website. Under Nature and Environment, open Nature, Conservation and Heritage, scroll down and click SEAI Windfarms

That's a super link, thanks for that, sadly it's out of date and not overly accurate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Tabnabs wrote: »

I searched for the same thing myself a couple of weeks ago. Why would I search again.

• Advertisement

From all the searching I've done, there is nothing that correctly gives (or even approximates) the location of each turbine in the country, google earth did update to new photos of Ireland this year so that helps, but I'll likely have to build a Map myself, most likely on google maps with drop pins

Advertisement