Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone know if you can get White Claw in Ireland?

• 01-08-2019 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Had a few friends in the States recently saying they had White Claw over there and it was lovely. Seen it meme'd constantly now and want to see what all the fuss is about ha. Anyone know if you can get it here?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Hard seltzer has yet to reach Ireland. Give it six months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

That's what I thought. Probably pure pish but just mad to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭hynesie08

the first third of the can is quite refreshing, I could maybe manage a can as a breaker in between pints of heavy beer, but it wouldn't be an all nighter drink for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 echo_one

There’s an Irish equivalent. Called Loki and co. Finding it hard to get distribution but if you mail the likes of Dunnes asking about it. The buyers are likely to start stocking it. Loki and co can be found on Instagram under lokidrinks

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Bump

Has anyone been able to find White Claw anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Don't know about White Claw, but Craft Central have a few different flavours of hard seltzer made by Ska Brewing.

There are the Ska ones and the Oskar Blues ones, and they taste the same as White Claw. I see White Claw has reached the UK now so we'll probably have it here before long.

Zaph wrote: »
    Don't know about White Claw, but Craft Central have a few different flavours of hard seltzer made by Ska Brewing.

Doing 4 for €10 - I'll give those a bash!

Bump

Has anyone been able to find White Claw anywhere?

available in Tesco now. got a load today. only just launched. in molloys from 2nd of june. they've an Instagram profile now too for Ireland and check out the instagram profile stuffuneedirl for other details

Also, Smirnoff have their version. raspberry and rhubarb is rotten but orange and grapefruit is nice

• Advertisement

echo_one wrote: »
    available in Tesco now. got a load today. only just launched. in molloys from 2nd of june. they've an Instagram profile now too for Ireland and check out the instagram profile stuffuneedirl for other details

How much did you pay per can?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Why not just make your own? It's sparkling water, vodka and fruit flavouring just...Will work out a lot cheaper than €2.50 per glass as well.

Molloy's are listing it at €3.50 and 3 for €9.

Same really in Tesco as molloys. 3 for €9

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I got some of these in Tesco the other day, they seem to be flying off the shelf.
    Looking forward to trying one tonight

Has Mike's hard lemonade ever made it to Ireland?

gmisk wrote: »
    Has Mike's hard lemonade ever made it to Ireland?
    Not to my knowledge. Alcopops aren't difficult make so there's always been a robust local segment. That the importer of Pol Roger and Piper Heidsieck is now stacking White Claw next to it in their warehouse is surreal to say the least.

I tried a cherry one of these tonight.
    It was nice and refreshing tastes like a very lightly flavoured sparkling water I wouldn't be raving about it

Mr.S wrote: »
    That's exactly what it is though :D?
    I realise that....but I mean so lightly flavoured that you can barely taste it.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Not to my knowledge. Alcopops aren't difficult make so there's always been a robust local segment. That the importer of Pol Roger and Piper Heidsieck is now stacking White Claw next to it in their warehouse is surreal to say the least.

Nothing surreal about it. They need all to pick up all the business they can since they lost corona. Dunnes will be stocking it too this week. Its going into the central warehouse tomorrow, so should filter out to all stores by Saturday.

Mr.S wrote: »
    I don't get the craze tbh, it seems very expensive for what it is.

Social media buzz, curiosity and j1ers who had their summer cancelled, it'll have a hot 6 weeks and either price itself out or severely drop in price...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

hynesie08 wrote: »
    it'll have a hot 6 weeks and either price itself out or severely drop in price...

It's obviously not a complete like for like comparison, but the US price point of ~$10 for a 6 pack of these is more palatable than 3 for €9.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

irish_goat wrote: »
    Why not just make your own? It's sparkling water, vodka and fruit flavouring just...Will work out a lot cheaper than €2.50 per glass as well.

They are handing for drinking in the park, which we have all been reduced to in recent months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

gmisk wrote: »
    I realise that....but I mean so lightly flavoured that you can barely taste it.

All they had was the lime one in my local Tesco, all I can taste is the sparkling water, definitely charging a premium

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

So, is this like a low sugar alcopop?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Essentially, yes.

I wonder will be see bars adding these to their cocktail menus. Could make a tidy margin if they make their own.

irish_goat wrote: »
    I wonder will be see bars adding these to their cocktail menus. Could make a tidy margin if they make their own.
    As long as I can get a pint of hard seltzer with a Guinness head I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Taste wise it's way more subtle than any alcopop I've ever tasted

So how long before diageos fear of losing market space causes them to either brew/import their own hard seltzer just to undercut white claw???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

hynesie08 wrote: »
    So how long before diageos fear of losing market space causes them to either brew/import their own hard seltzer just to undercut white claw???

A negative long. Smirnoff Seltzer is already in shops.

Advertisement