Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appalling abuse on a bus to my partner

• 30-07-2019 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Recently my partner was with her kid (not mine, she had her from a previous relationship). She was on the bus on the way to the Inteo centre. Her daughter is 2 and was in her buggy. She was parked in the buggy / wheelchair zone.We live on an infrequent bus route. The bus stopped at a certain stop and a wheelchair user attempted to board. The bus driver asked my partner if she'd mind to fold the buggy. Naturally, she refused as she was there first and there isnt enough room for buggies and wheelchairs to share, she had an appointment and had to make it.
    The wheelchair user was asked to disembark and wait for the next bus, it was drizzling rain at the time. My partner received a torrent of abuse from other bus passengers, including men. This is a disgraceful indictment on humanity.
    What is the legal or moral situation? Was she obliged to fold? Her two year old has ADHD and doesn't like being told what to do. She'd have a tantrum if she was taken out of the buggy or asked to sit on a knee.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

This has to be a windup.

On the off chance it’s not...good luck with the other Boardsies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Naturally, she refused as she was there first

That's quite antisocial and mean, she didn't deserve to be abused but she did deserve to hear a few comments. She should have folded the buggy.
    I hope you're trolling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Qrt

Recently my partner was with her kid (not mine, she had her from a previous relationship). She was on the bus on the way to the Inteo centre. Her daughter is 2 and was in her buggy. She was parked in the buggy / wheelchair zone.We live on an infrequent bus route. The bus stopped at a certain stop and a wheelchair user attempted to board. The bus driver asked my partner if she'd mind to fold the buggy. Naturally, she refused as she was there first and there isnt enough room for buggies and wheelchairs to share, she had an appointment and had to make it.
    The wheelchair user was asked to disembark and wait for the next bus, it was drizzling rain at the time. My partner received a torrent of abuse from other bus passengers, including men. This is a disgraceful indictment on humanity.
    What is the legal or moral situation? Was she obliged to fold? Her two year old has ADHD and doesn't like being told what to do. She'd have a tantrum if she was taken out of the buggy or asked to sit on a knee.

Not a nice situation for anyone involved but with the newer buses you can fit 3/4 buggies on the bus at a time. I often see this on the 27. I take it the route uses one of the older buses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Were you on the bus with her?

I'd be of the opinion that the two year can come of her buggy but the wheelchair user can't so I would have taken my child out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,752 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The kid has ADHD ? Ok I can sympathize. The wheelchair user had to get the bus to be somewhere though and couldn’t do so because your OH was unwilling to compromise and perhaps put up with a little fall out from having to move. She is the kids mother she needs to fûcking deal with it and be a responsible parent and human being, she is clearly neither. You have my sympathy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Dublinmuppet

Seriously this has to be a joke. Not sure why u pointed out the kid is not yours. No reason to...... but what a vile partner u have if she did do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Her two year old has ADHD and doesn't like being told what to do.

Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Wheelchair users get priority not bold ahem... ADHD children.

She was rude to refuse, plenty of room to squeeze the buggy up a bit at least and get the wheelchair in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Your partner was in the wrong. Depends on the nature of the abuse she got whether it was warranted or not. But she should have folded the buggy to allow everyone get on with their day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Must try harder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

What an absolute bitch your partner is. If this is true which I suspect it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Does your partner have the free travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

She should have made space for the wheelchair user.

ive never heard of a 2 year old having adhd. thats very young to have adhd diagnosed. sounds like likely under disciplined as oppossed to adhd.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Two year old diagnosed with ADHD

Me hole

0/10

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Pretty much unheard of for a 2 year old to be diagnosed with ADHD in Ireland. And even if they were, it wouldn't make them more uncomfortable on a knee than in a pushchair.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

No two year old gets diagnosed with ADHD...

Wesser wrote: »

ive never heard of a 2 year old having adhd. thats very young to have adhd diagnosed. sounds like likely under disciplined as oppossed to adhd.

Under disciplined?

A two year old!?

This thread is the twilight zone

Could she not drive to her interview? Much less stressful.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Wesser wrote: »

Under disciplined?

A two year old!?

This thread is the twilight zone

Well my mum says in her day there was no ADHD, just bold kids

:D

Could she not drive to her interview? Much less stressful.

Looks more authentic to get the bus when you're collecting your giro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

OP I know this is not AH but your partner is a 'dick'.

Collectin da labar

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Dublinmuppet

He had to be trolling. No way could u come on here and expect sympathy with that story. If it is true and I doubt it very much the partner should be ashamed of herself and no way has a toddler got adhd. Probably had Coke and crisps for his breakfast and got all hyper

Collectin da labar

And most likely doin nixers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Intreo centre for an interview, woman that wouldn't let a wheelchair user on the bus, a 2 year ruling the roost and passengers hurling abuse. Lovely bus route.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Imagine having nothing better to do with your time than to make up stories to try to wind up people you'll never meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Intreo centre for an interview, woman that wouldn't let a wheelchair user on the bus, a 2 year ruling the roost and passengers hurling abuse. Lovely bus route.

She should have dumped the buggy at the bus, she'd get a new one from de social.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭corks finest

She was rude to refuse, plenty of room to squeeze the buggy up a bit at least and get the wheelchair in.

ADHD is an excuse for a lot of ppl to let their kids be spoilt troublesome brats- obviously not all but Fu*k me ADHD was only invented in the last 10/15; years in Ireland before that if you constantly misbehaved you'd get a slap in the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭corks finest

lawred2 wrote:
    Two year old diagnosed with ADHD

My thoughts exactly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Torrent of abuse justified.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement