Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skoda superb question

Options
  • 30-07-2019 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭

In the older 04 - 08 skoda superb,
    Would 3 baby seats fit a cross the back

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Jeez. You’ll be lucky to find one that wasn’t a taxi for most of its life.
    Definitely fit three adults in the back seat, dunno about baby seats though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭passatman86

It's just a possibility for a second car
    Was thinking they might have more space than my daily

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pharris12

did you have any luck with the three child seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭passatman86

Kept the avensis and bought a roof box for extra space when we needed it. The oldest child sat in the middle seat in the back without a car seat as was big/old enough to

So to answer your question we didnt try 3 child car seats in the back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I had a Mkii Superb (2015) rental in Iceland a few years ago. I have 3 kids, who at the time were 3,3 and 7. The two 3 year-olds were in full Britax child seats on the outside two rear seats. There would certainly have been no room for another one in the middle. We had a BubbleBum inflatable booster seat for the 7-year old in the middle, and it barely fit. She herself was comfortable. It worked fine, but that BubbleBum seat has a way smaller footprint than any other booster that I've come across.

I have a Mkiii Superb (2017) now, and the same 3 kids, but 4 years older. The youngest two are in these Miniuno boosters from Smyths, which are the most compact regular booster seats I found when I went looking a few years ago. The eldest is 13 now, so doesn't use a seat, but she can sit comfortably in between them. I've tried three of these Miniunio seats across the back, and it's possible, but difficult to do. If you had three of them, there's no way the kids of any age would be able to open or close their own seatbelts. It would have to be done (with difficulty) by an adult. It would be the kind if thing you'd do once in a while if you really had to, rather than an every-day occurrence.

The Superb is a pretty wide car, so I don't know if any other car with a bench seat is going to really offer the ability to practically fit 3 individual child seats. We've a Ford S-Max too, which has three independent seats in the back (middle row, since it's a 7 seater). It'll take 3 of pretty much any child seats in the back. In fact, with the rear seats in place, it'll probably take 5. But that's the advantage of people carriers over cars in this particular area.

Advertisement