Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antepost Football Betting 2019/20

• 16-07-2019 7:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Racing Post pullout due out on the 29th July.... t-minus 13 days! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,021 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I was only starting to think about starting this thread this morning !
    Hope we get a good run for our money as we did last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I was only starting to think about starting this thread this morning !
    Hope we get a good run for our money as we did last year.

I for one know I will not be going near Middlesbrough, grade A f**kers!

Also Salford joint favs for League 2 is bonkers imo! They just about got up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

I have had a few done already

Top scorer Rashford @ 25/1

Sheff Utd to be relegated @ 4/6
    West Ham top 10 @ Evens
    West Ham best of the rest @ 15/2
    West Brom to be promoted @ 3/1
    Scunthorpe Top 2 @ 10/30

Betting without big 2 Hearts @ 4/1

Betting without Juventus, Ac Milan @ 7/1

Mixture of doubles, trebles and accums. Total stake €50

Hopefully still interested @ xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

David Silva might be worth a small bet for player of the year.
    Last year with man city before he moves on, if he plays a part in them being top of the league around the time fo voting, it has a chance of coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Juventus 10s to win the Champions League is a nice price.

Had a good campaign, Ronaldo still Ronaldo, they've strengthened and the addition of De Ligt makes them a contender

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

I fancy Brighton to be relegated @ 2/1, I backed Ipswich to be relegated after they sacked McCarthy last year. I think Brighton might suffer a similar fate after getting rid of Houghton.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

Sunderland to be promoted 11/8
    Leicester w/o big 6 10/3
    Barcelona 4/6
    Celtic 1/3
    PSG 1/8
    Benfica Evens
    Juventus 1/2
    Dublin (GAA Football outright) 1/2

Roughly 115/1 Acca to keep me interested for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

When is the racing post ante post addition out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭markc91

rekluse wrote: »

Monday coming

• Advertisement

It's in my opening post :pac:

It's in my opening post :pac:

missed that my bad !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

scouttio wrote: »
    David Silva might be worth a small bet for player of the year.
    Last year with man city before he moves on, if he plays a part in them being top of the league around the time fo voting, it has a chance of coming in.

14s is a little skinny for my liking even for sentimental value for that price id want someone who is a regular starter

Juve & Barca o/r , Leicester top 10 , Fulham & Portsmouth top 6 , Mansfield top 7 - 100£ at 20.5/1 , the aforementioned with Celtic o/r , Lyon top 3 , Rb leipzeig top 4 and the dubs to beat Tyrone for 50£ for 4K. Gl all

You definitely read RP pull out :D Fulham & Portsmouth top 6 , Mansfield top 7 going to be the basis of my bet too. Will post up by Thursday once I've staked.

You definitely read RP pull out :D Fulham & Portsmouth top 6 , Mansfield top 7 going to be the basis of my bet too. Will post up by Thursday once I've staked.

Yup Mansfield & Portsmouth were locked down for me but the RP pull out just made me more confident. Championship I was leaning towards Cardiff / Leeds but RP weren’t too hot on Cardiff and Bielsa is such a mad man he could walk at any moment, so Fulham it is ! Quietly confident of the 20/1 bet, Atletico might Run Barca close this year thinking I maybe should have done them without the big 2 @ 4/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Anything interesting in the premier league racing post?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

langer91 wrote: »
    Sunderland to be promoted 11/8
    Leicester w/o big 6 10/3
    Barcelona 4/6
    Celtic 1/3
    PSG 1/8
    Benfica Evens
    Juventus 1/2
    Dublin (GAA Football outright) 1/2

Roughly 115/1 Acca to keep me interested for the year

Adding one more at 42/1

Sunderland top 6 finish 8/15
    Leicester top 10 finish 4/9
    Fulham top 6 finish 4/5
    Celtic 2/5
    Barcelona 4/6
    Benfica evens
    PSG 1/10
    Juventus 4/9
    Dublin GAA Football 4/9

Yup Mansfield & Portsmouth were locked down for me but the RP pull out just made me more confident. Championship I was leaning towards Cardiff / Leeds but RP weren’t too hot on Cardiff and Bielsa is such a mad man he could walk at any moment, so Fulham it is ! Quietly confident of the 20/1 bet, Atletico might Run Barca close this year thinking I maybe should have done them without the big 2 @ 4/6.

Leeds are the Shelbourne of the UK... Was never touching them LOL!

Atletico lost a few key players... Backed them last season W/O think I'll avoid them this season tbh.

• Would I be right in guessing the RP see Fulham as the most likely winners of the championship ?

• Advertisement

Austria! wrote: »

Not that I remember off hand, will post tomorrow after work. They do a page by page on each team and that. IMO very little value in Premier League as the bookies normally have things spot on - only two things that stood out to me personally are West Ham Top Half finish at 6/5 & Aston Villa Best Newcomers at 4/5.

Would I be right in guessing the RP see Fulham as the most likely winners of the championship ?

Yup, there is a mix of opinion though. They've kept onto a lot of their squad, surely they should go back up maybe not win it but 2nd spot.

Not that I remember off hand, will post tomorrow after work. They do a page by page on each team and that. IMO very little value in Premier League as the bookies normally have things spot on - only two things that stood out to me personally are West Ham Top Half finish at 6/5 & Aston Villa Best Newcomers at 4/5.

As a West Ham fan they are great odds. Exciting new talent brought in. Anderson will be much better this year, Yarmalenko back, the crocks have been shipped out. I think they will be best of the rest

As a West Ham fan they are great odds. Exciting new talent brought in. Anderson will be much better this year, Yarmalenko back, the crocks have been shipped out. I think they will be best of the rest

I backed the same bet last season and they made me sweat! They look stronger this season though especially up front.

I backed the same bet last season and they made me sweat! They look stronger this season though especially up front.

I wouldn't and didn't go near them last season. Everyone knew it would be a bedding in Season and again we suffered with Injuries.

There is not a lot of strength in depth in the Prem this season and we look maybe along with Everton and Wolves as(Think they won't do as well as last year) to be fighting it out for 6th or 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Joe Dixon

Another RP man here and Ladbrokes prices,

Leicester top half finish 1-2
    Brentford top half finish 1-2
    Porthsmouth top 6 finish 4-6
    Mansfield top 7 finish 4-7
    Falkirk to win Scottish L1 4-7
    Barcelona to win La Liga 8-13

Had considered WH also but thought Leicester were the more established side
    Picked Brentford here over Bristol City, as things stand they'll easily hit it but i'm hoping they're not too hard hit before the window closes
    I did like the look of Newport in the same market and at a bigger price

And Dundee Utd were on the original ticket for the Scottish Championship but some of their pre-season results have scared me off.

Joe Dixon wrote: »

Picked Brentford here over Bristol City, as things stand they'll easily hit it but i'm hoping they're not too hard hit before the window closes

And Dundee Utd were on the original ticket for the Scottish Championship but some of their pre-season results have scared me off.

If you haven’t staked already I would consider sky bet or paddy off the top of my head I I know they are both offering 4/5 & 10/11 on Portsmouth & Mansfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Joe Dixon wrote: »

Are you doing that online with Ladbrokes? Was trying to do one last night and it wouldn't let me

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Joe Dixon

If you haven’t staked already I would consider sky bet or paddy off the top of my head I I know they are both offering 4/5 & 10/11 on Portsmouth & Mansfield.

Prices had dropped in PP by this morning. That was 16.3 in Ladbrokes while PP were 13.7

• Advertisement

Austria! wrote: »

Looking now, most just 1pt bets and that however Dan Child's has some big match bets .

Watford to finish above Bournemouth 6pts @ 6/4
    Leicester top Midlands Club 5pts @ 11/8
    Arsenal to finish above Man United 4pts @ 11/10
    Norwich to finish above Sheffield Utd 5pts @ 8/11

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement