Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer Lingus Cadet Programme 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ohstan

Just submitted my assessments! Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

ohstan wrote: »
    Just submitted my assessments! Best of luck everyone!

Did you get a confirmation email after submission? IIRC I received one the last couple of years after submitting assessments.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

GTTDI GOD wrote: »
    Did you get a confirmation email after submission? IIRC I received one the last couple of years after submitting assessments.

I completed mine on Friday ad didn’t get a mail. Might see if I can’t get back in to them.

Edit: Just tried and it comes up as all tasks completed

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭username?!

tomister wrote: »
    I completed mine on Friday ad didn’t get a mail. Might see if I can’t get back in to them.

Edit: Just tried and it comes up as all tasks completed

Can confirm, no confirmation email, but all tasks complete on login.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Just completed all tasks and submitted a few mins ago. Feel a bit of a weight has been lifted off my shoulders now at this stage and have only done the best I can do.

Not a fan of the video interviews. I felt I was rambling a small amount.

Best of Luck to everyone. The competition is high!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Yeah the pressure is off. Out of all things, it was the should be simple numerical reasoning that I made a balls of. Spread the assessments out over 3 days and bit of a panic in last hurdle trying to sort camera. (Couldn't rotate) Happy enough with everything else.

The wait begins. Best of luck all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hi guys,

Feel your pressur and wish you good luck, to all of you.
    I hope to be in simillar position (as a father) in few years ! ;)

Do you mind if i ask.. is there any NDAs or rules , that you cannot disclose or make public the tests or interview or similar, please ?
    Just wondering if i can steal some info and prepare my little pilot wanna-be.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tommy_utd16

When are the DNA tests for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

rolion wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Feel your pressur and wish you good luck, to all of you.
    I hope to be in simillar position (as a father) in few years ! ;)

Do you mind if i ask.. is there any NDAs or rules , that you cannot disclose or make public the tests or interview or similar, please ?
    Just wondering if i can steal some info and prepare my little pilot wanna-be.

Thanks.

No NDAs for online assessments but most people keep the info to themselves because the competition is so fierce.

I purchased software from latest pilot jobs to practice. That will give you a flavour of the types of tests to be expected. Helped a lot is what I will say!

On a side note, I find your approach to helping you son pursue his dream inspiring. My folks have never been that supportive but that's another story. He is extremely lucky in that regard because having your support on a tough career route is a major bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lacapitana

Hello there! Is was just me or were these online tests nuts to complete? And when would they let us know the result? Thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

I am so much more confident about the tests than last year. Found them fairly handy. But fall apart with a camera in front of me. Can only hope and keep my fingers crossed. Best of luck to everyone else who applied

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DustPan12

Can anybody remember from previous years how long from assessment submission to a follow up email took roughly? I’m checking my email daily! I found a couple of the tests challenging I must admit but I did my best. Glad to see I’m not the only one that found the video interview difficult! I would rather a panel of interviewers sat in front of me! Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

DustPan12 wrote: »
    Can anybody remember from previous years how long from assessment submission to a follow up email took roughly? I’m checking my email daily! I found a couple of the tests challenging I must admit but I did my best. Glad to see I’m not the only one that found the video interview difficult! I would rather a panel of interviewers sat in front of me! Lol.
    I suspect we won’t hear anything now for a month at least.

Looking at previous threads it was about 6 weeks and people got phone calls inviting them to the assessment days before the regret emails started coming out.

I suspect we won’t hear anything now for a month at least.

And hopefully it’ll be good news! Best of luck.

Looking at previous threads it was about 6 weeks and people got phone calls inviting them to the assessment days before the regret emails started coming out.

Ah, good to know! Thanks for that, well fingers crossed we get a call before an email. Best of luck.

Ah sure no point in getting your hopes up until the DNA round... find out if your in the bloodline or a women

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Ah sure no point in getting your hopes up until the DNA round... find out if your in the bloodline or a women

I thought you had to be a woman for this year's competition??

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭username?!

People who fail love to muster up any excuse.....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Is it true if your a female you stand a better chance of getting selected I have a wig if it would get me the gig im desperate?

• Advertisement

username?! wrote: »
    People who fail love to muster up any excuse.....:rolleyes:

Don't think anyone has failed yet love. But don't worry daddy will look after me when he gets back from the Orlando - dublin service on Saturday but only prob is my sister will probably get it ahead of me

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DOD555

Hi all, best of luck to all those who have applied. Nothing we can do now. Some of the assessments I found easy enough but others were very difficult.
    I’m still trying to figure the exact structure of this cadet program. So you basically don’t have to pay anything and in fact they give you an allowance during the training period? And I guess the catch is you have to stay with them for 5 years or so on a reduced salary?

Alternatively, you could pay 80-100k with one of the flight training schools and do all the training yourself. And then still have to find the find a job at the end of it? But likely on a higher salary that you would get through the Aer Lingus cadet program?

Any thoughts or comments on the above appreciated.

DOD555 wrote: »
    Hi all, best of luck to all those who have applied. Nothing we can do now. Some of the assessments I found easy enough but others were very difficult.
    I’m still trying to figure the exact structure of this cadet program. So you basically don’t have to pay anything and in fact they give you an allowance during the training period? And I guess the catch is you have to stay with them for 5 years or so on a reduced salary?

Alternatively, you could pay 80-100k with one of the flight training schools and do all the training yourself. And then still have to find the find a job at the end of it? But likely on a higher salary that you would get through the Aer Lingus cadet program?

Hello!

As I’m a first time applicant, I don’t know the ins and outs of the Programme or how it works. The reduced salary would make sense but look at it this way -
    You’re trained by an airline with an incredible reputation, you’re saving €100k+, guaranteed a job. You’d probably be on a reduced salary until the bond is paid after the necessary years worked. So it’s all good.

I’ve heard the allowance is €200 a month but accommodation/ food is paid for (I could be wrong). Your entire training is paid for as long as you work for the agreed period of time afterwards otherwise you pay Aer Lingus back.

I’m not entirely sure on the other Q’s you asked or even on the above, just what I’ve read online. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭ohlordy

DOD555 wrote: »

I think the bond to be paid if you leave aer lingus before a defined period had expired (don't know if it's 5 years) is a set payment reducing each year served, the annual salary isn't reduced, the cost of training their new pilot is borne wholly by the airline and only charged to the pilot if he leaves before serving x years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

You will be paying back from day 1, after line training, by virtue of a capped salary for three years...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Is it true if your a female you stand a better chance of getting selected I have a wig if it would get me the gig im desperate?
    Doubt it. They aren't going to hire you if you cant pass the tests ahead of 99% of the others.
    They are however definitely trying to attract female candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

Tenger wrote: »
    Doubt it. They aren't going to hire you if you cant pass the tests ahead of 99% of the others.
    They are however definitely trying to attract female candidates.

There did seem to be a big push to encourage the number of female candidates, which is a good thing. I think they mentioned that in previous years female candidates accounted for something like 5 or 8% if memory serves me correct. But I really hope they don't have gender quotas to fill. They didn't say if there are quotas, but if the level of female candidates is that low and it ends up being anywhere close to 50% of successful candidates being selected are female, then I think that would say a lot - unless of course the level of top female candidate is much better than for males, which maybe it is.

Having said that, for those of us men who don't get selected, it'll likely be more to do with the huge level of competition rather than any favour towards female candidates.

Ah, this anticipation and wait is unreal!! Hopefully we will start to hear something soon.

Ah, this anticipation and wait is unreal!! Hopefully we will start to hear something soon.

It was 6 weeks after the closing date last year from reading threads about it so I guess the week after next. Also seemed to be by phone if you were successful in getting to the assessment center.

• Advertisement

It was 6 weeks after the closing date last year from reading threads about it so I guess the week after next. Also seemed to be by phone if you were successful in getting to the assessment center.

Well hopefully within the next couple of weeks we will hear something! Thanks for clearing up the timeframe!

Advertisement