Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Film Books

Options
  • 26-07-2019 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

I'm in the middle of a house clear-out and I've a selection of movie and movie-related books to get rid of. My brother did Film Studies in the old College of Commerce in Rathmines. Any suggestions for a website or forum of possible interested readers ?. I hate the idea of dumping them but they're going somewhere !.
    Thanks, K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Adverts.ie you could try at a more local level.

Abe Books are good for second hand books normally too if they're books that are out of print, rare or expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

All else fails, there's the charity shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Raven_k42 wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of a house clear-out and I've a selection of movie and movie-related books to get rid of. My brother did Film Studies in the old College of Commerce in Rathmines. Any suggestions for a website or forum of possible interested readers ?. I hate the idea of dumping them but they're going somewhere !.
    Thanks, K
    You could email a couple of film studies departments and ask if they have a message board you could stick a note up on. Their students (and staff) might well be interested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Chapters have a large second-hand book area, which, IIRC, includes an academic section so they'll happily take them off your hands.

Otherwise, is there a recycling option with your rubbish collection? Nothing wrong with binning them if they're going to be recycled.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

TCD collects books during the year and then have a sale of them on one weekend to raise funds for the library.

• Advertisement
Advertisement