Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wu Assassins - Netflix - (**Spoilers**)

• 22-07-2019 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭

Been looking forward to this since it was announced full trailer due tomorrow.

The series is due to drop on August 8th.

Starring Iko Uwais & Katheryn Winnick.
    A martial arts drama set in San Francisco’s Chinatown, the series tells the story of a young chef who discovers that he is the Wu Assassin, chosen to round up the powers of an ancient triad.

Netflix love a good hallway fight scene.

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1153348983479291904

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

In that clip I was all like.. D'awe look at Iko Uwais letting the guys pretend they can hold him :D

That moment as I'm watching the trailer all.. yeah sure ok.. kinda cool they have Lagertha from Vikings

and then! Summer Glau just casually floats by.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Katheryn & Summer getting it on I'm in 10000000%

Big fan of Dacascos as well.

Drops tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched the first one and really enjoyed it. The supernatural effects are a bit cheap looking but the action is top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Please be 10 episodes of The Raid, please be 10 episodes of The Raid!

A couple of episodes in and yes the supernatural special efforts are cheap looking I'm ok with that the set piece fight scenes more than make up for that.

Also Katheryn Winnick really is kick ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing a picture from this, is it inspired by The Last Dragon? :)

Will get to it next week maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭sioda

Finished it and have to say I enjoyed it, story line was good, don't know why but kept expecting Duncan Mc Cloud to appear in the last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

A couple of episodes in and yes the supernatural special efforts are cheap looking I'm ok with that the set piece fight scenes more than make up for that.

Also Katheryn Winnick really is kick ass.

Left at 2 episodes. Thought it was awful. I tried to like it coz of Iko Uwais- the fight scenes were pretty good, but his acting is terrible. The supernatural scenes-
    the different dimension ones
    were like something out of Power Rangers. The overall look and feel of the show was good, but a lot of the acting/editing felt amateurish overall. Katheryn Winnick is kickass (being an Aussie, and trained in Viking fighting;)), but her character is the annoyingly exaggerated type (maybe her acting is bad; hard to tell, as with Vikings).

• Advertisement

The Winnick directed episode 7 was really she did a great job with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

It's hard to believe that katheryn winnick is 42 this year. She is some bird

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aneedoo

Nice clip nice recommendation

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

finding it ok as background watching but it's not great imo

whoever your wan in the pocket plane is, isn't great at the acting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

bluewolf wrote: »
    finding it ok as background watching but it's not great imo

whoever your wan in the pocket plane is, isn't great at the acting

Just wait until she gets her Oscar moment of exposition and then says I have to go now, bye :D great series for the action but theres more emotion in fair city

They are making a movie

Wu Assassins Team Reunites to Seek Fistful of Vengeance in Netflix Movie
    Kai Jin & Co. will seek a Fistful of Vengeance in a Netflix movie that will reunite several characters from the Wu Assassins supernatural-action drama.

In the 90-minute standalone story, which is set to film in Thailand, the Wu Assassin team reunites in Bangkok to avenge the death of one of their own, only to find that their new enemy is an ancient threat armed with otherworldly powers.

The returning cast includes Iko Uwais as the aforementioned Kai Jin, Lewis Tan as Lu Xin Lee, Lawrence Kao as Tommy Wah and JuJu Chan Szeto as Zan Hui.

New to the mix, meanwhile, are Pearl Thusi (Queen Sono, Quantico) as Adaku, Jason Tobin (Warrior) as William Pan, Rhatha Phongam (Thailand’s Gift for Someone You Hate ) as Ku An Qi, and Francesca Corney as Preeya.

https://tvline.com/2021/02/26/wu-assassins-reunion-movie-fistful-of-vengeance/

The movie is nearly here it drops February 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Film out today. Under the name Fistful of Vengeance. Doesn't mention Wu Assassins in the title or description.

I only watched the series recently so was fresh in my mind.

As for the film, thought it was grand.

I know it didn't have a season to build a story but it went from the occasional power in the series to loads of minions having mostly unexplained powers.

Story was pretty thin. Was just there to fill gaps between setpieces.

Was googling Francesca Corney (Preeya), as you do, and found the google info card funny

Francesca Corney is a well-known actress who starred in Fistful of Vengeance. Her debut picture, “Fistful of Vengeance,” nearly changed her life overnight.

Well known actress though only 1 credit.

Was trying to think why she looked familiar then thought she reminds me of Jessica Henwick.

Haven't gotten to this show. Seeing it has a film has me thinking it must be good. Reviews don't seem to be too shabby either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I'm watching this now - currently on episode 6.

The show is decent, but the soundtrack is one of the worst imo. Some decent tunes, but the majority aren't, and/or are badly placed. It's taking away from the show for me.

Advertisement