Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting Hair Coloured whilst Pregnant

• 11-07-2019 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I know this might seem like a silly / vain question but can you get your hair coloured whilst pregnant? If yes, should there be any questions I would have to ask the hairdresser regarding colour used etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Yes. It's completely safe, you don't need to say anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Maggiemay13

I had my highlights done today and had double checked with my hairdresser before hand. I don't know much about it,only what she said to me at the time- she said hightlights are 100% safe as they barely even touch the scalp. She said an all-over colour may not be ok. So, with that in mind if it's an all-over colour you planning on getting I would definitely double-check with your hairdresser, just to be on the safe side. They will be well used to these enquiries, don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

It’s fine. I got it done the whole way through. No need to wait until after 12 weeks.

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/pregnancy/is-it-safe-to-use-hair-dye-when-i-am-pregnant-or-breastfeeding/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Same here.
    I think pregnancy hormones can sometimes have a slight effect on the end result of the shade of the hair colour-that's the only thing!!I haven't had that problem myself but I did hear it's a thing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

Perfectly ok to have all-over colour at any stage. The smell might make you feel sick early on, but that's just your morning sickness. Other than that, baby is not affected unless you're using something toxic, which nowadays is unlikely with shop-bought products or salons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Absolutely a ok.

I asked my consultant when I was pregnant and he said yep, no worries, colour away. Absolutely no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I thought twas still a no no! I got mine done the first time but done a bit of research and found an naturally dye or well place to do it, no harsh chemicals etc... This time round i went in and asked i was just going to get a cut and colour the ends, so the hairdressers uses a fairly safe product and also i just got the ends done (nothing on the roots)...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭buffin

I had a full bleach up when I was 4 weeks, before I knew I was pregnant. Then asked my doctor and their advice was not to worry. Had same done at 14 weeks and will go twice more before the birth hopefully. The salon I go to is lovely, very chilled and I bring food with me because it takes hours. And there are never more than 5 other people getting dye in the room at the same time, so the fumes are minimal. I think if you get it done somewhere reputable then all good!

Advertisement